Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DISH Tailgater
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,970

DISH Tailgater

Aug 8, 2017, 11:31 AM

I'm trying to decide whether or not to move forward with getting a DISH Tailgater. I'd hate to throw several hundred bucks at something that may not work at our tailgate spot.

Anyone have major issues with theirs? There are some trees where we park, but I'm thinking we should get a decent shot of the sky.

There were some folks near us tailgating before the USC game last year that spent hours trying to get theirs to work. It never did.

Thanks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to think outside of the box***

Aug 8, 2017, 11:43 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: You need to think outside of the box***

Aug 8, 2017, 1:07 PM

that's enough firewood for a year!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a pretty easy work around for that

Aug 8, 2017, 11:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: DISH Tailgater

Aug 8, 2017, 12:00 PM

Download the app DishForMyRv. This app shows the satellite positions for Dish. If you have a clear line of site it will work. West 110, 129 and 118 are the satellites. Of course that's provided you are close by or can get someone to go to your site and try it. In settings turn on Locations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2017, 1:49 PM

Ok, parking near the Brooks Center.....so that would mean it would need line of sight (generally) towards the Madren Center, correct?

If that's the case, I should be good. :)

I was at brooks last year and couldn't get sheet..

Aug 8, 2017, 2:00 PM

You will have major issues spots 223-232.

You shold be ok most any where else. If you are in 1 of the middle isles you may need 25-50 ft of coax to get it off under a tree.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 8, 2017, 12:03 PM

Download the app DishForMyRv. This app shows the satellite positions for Dish. If you have a clear line of site it will work. West 110, 129 and 118 are the satellites. Of course that's provided you are close by or can get someone to go to your site and try it. In settings turn on Locations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you can't get signal, you can't get signal.

Aug 8, 2017, 12:15 PM

Has nothing to do with the dish tailgater.

You have to ask if people near you have them. Which means they will need to know your location...

You can always get 100 ft of coax and hope no1 runs off with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 8, 2017, 12:38 PM

I have a Winegard Pathway X2. That is the best one to get because it will pick up the eastern or western arc dish network satellites. If one direction is blocked with trees simply switch to the opposite satellites and you're up and running. Got mine last year and absolutely love it! It's automatic so you don't have to worry about aiming it. I'm always watching tv in less than 10 mins. I bought the receiver and satellite combo on amazon.

Aug 8, 2017, 2:04 PM

This one seems to have pretty good reviews, and I do like the ability to do both eastern and western arc satellites.

Pathways are bigger , less portable

Aug 8, 2017, 2:18 PM

And more $.

If you gonna drop $400 you might want to look for an auto dish that can pik up dish or direct tv. Direct tv only puts out SD though unless you want to drop a guap.

Aug 8, 2017, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: DISH Tailgater ]

I looked at all of them and read the reviews and this was what I ended up getting. I know it's more money and I'm sure the other ones work fine too, but there have been times where one half of the sky was blocked by trees and I couldn't get signal so I switched to the other set of satellites and it came through great. Also the winegard is a bigger satellite surface on top so they say it gets better reception. I have been extremely pleased with it and in my opinion it was worth the extra $.

I've had mine for several years now...

Aug 8, 2017, 12:45 PM

and I absolutely love it. It's compact, it's very convenient, and it works great.

The only real issue I have ever experienced; if you go a couple of weeks during the season without using it, the system goes into a dormant or sleep mode and you will have to call customer service and get them to resend the signal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I had trouble at games until I got one of these. It's been a lifesaver.

Aug 8, 2017, 2:30 PM

Message was edited by: RenegadeTiger®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Aug 8, 2017, 6:28 PM

I love our Tailgater and have had it for over 3 years now. If you have DISH at home, the DISH Tailgater is considered an additional box, so you pay the $7 hook up fee and not full price $75+. I do suggest that you look at the Wineguard satellites if you use Direct TV at home, as they do something similar to DISH Tailgater in that it's just an additional hook-up cost and not the full price $75+. We ran the Tailgater and our friends that parked next to us used the Winegard via Direct TV, no difference.

Here is an online Dish Alignment website that uses google maps to give you direction and height requirements for a clear path, http://www.dishpointer.com I use 91.0 West, Galaxy 17 (G-17,) NIMIQ 1, NIMIQ 2 for tailgating in Clemson, as my satellite reference. Use the address "Jervey Lane, 29631" and you can get a great idea of things for Brooks Center.

There is also a free app called Dish Align for your phone that does the same thing as the website I listed above. I haven't tried the DishForMyRv because there are so few reviews. Hope this helps.

I swing by this area about every weekend, so if you want me to private message you about a specific parking spot I can give you an idea if you may or may not have a clear line of sight.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Aug 9, 2017, 9:55 AM

I have DirecTV at home, but I was going to do the DISH option because I did not want to be limited to the standard definition service.

You use those satellites for DISH service, or for DIRECTV?

Thanks for the info.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,970
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic