Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DBU vs. WRU -- Tigers Win!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,150

DBU vs. WRU -- Tigers Win!

Dec 29, 2019, 10:14 PM

The real Death Valley "of college football" of course; is in Clemson, South Carolina.

Delpit is sensational. Their other secondary members are good players as well. Will get drafted types.

Most secondaries including ours rely on the pressure the DL gets to help influence passes. To make the QB get rid of it quicker than normal. And most important so they don't have to cover talented WR's for long periods of time. I think what LSU's problem was early was they didn't have a great pass rush. Teams were able to throw on them.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-passing-yards-per-game

LSU is 51 in pass defense. Clemson is #1 in pass defense. Before some of you ACC haters come out and say it - please note: R. Wilson, D. Jones, P. Rivers, J. Brissett, M. Glennon, R. Finley, L. Jackson, M. Ryan, D. Watson,J. Winston, M. Trubisky are all names you know and all are starters or have started for their teams. How many from the SEC?
Not a SEC/ACC argument - I give the SEC their just due. Just pointing out - this staff has faced really good QB's. Finley was super accurate just like Burrow. No, Finley did not have the weapons or team of LSU(stay focused on the subject). I am just talking his accuracy and how you must make him move his feet.
Burrow is a great runner and will exploit an undisciplined defense! I think we have some unique talent on our team that can help us there. But, we will have to see won't we.
For them I do worry about Chaisson. https://lsusports.net/sports/football/roster/k-lavon-chaisson/20218

He is playing well. But, I like our WR's if Trevor has time to throw more than I like their DB's ability to hold coverage for long. I think including Oklahoma - the last few teams LSU has faced have had issues moving the football ( even when not facing a team of LSU's caliber). So of course, the pressure their offense puts on you will make it that much more difficult.

*** I am a fan of defense *** but with that disclaimer I must admit: There is no defense for the perfect pass! It goes for our DB's as well. AJ and DK had a few plays where they had NFL type tight coverage and their WR's made plays. You have to give them that. LSU's DB's will have to feel that same way and I believe they will - if we are able to block them well. LSU should have been way better against the pass with what they practice against - but aren't.

Our DB's versus their WR's - hey, give Burrow his due, he trust his guys. I only say this - Tua and Alabama ran rough shot on the same defenses a year ago. Tua and Alabama ran rough shot on these same defenses this year! Not so much against Auburn!
Neither did LSU! 23-20 win by the Tigers; but Auburn had the right mix of personnel to slow them down. So do we!

Should be a good battle. I even anticipate the young guys getting a turn at it. Ngata looks like a Junior and will perhaps be called on to play that way. <------ premonition.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DBU vs. WRU -- Tigers Win!

Dec 29, 2019, 10:29 PM

The real Death Valley "of college football" of course; is in Clemson, South Carolina.

Delpit is sensational. Their other secondary members are good players as well. Will get drafted types.

Most secondaries including ours rely on the pressure the DL gets to help influence passes. To make the QB get rid of it quicker than normal. And most important so they don't have to cover talented WR's for long periods of time. I think what LSU's problem was early was they didn't have a great pass rush. Teams were able to throw on them.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-passing-yards-per-game

LSU is 51 in pass defense. Clemson is #1 in pass defense. Before some of you ACC haters come out and say it - please note: R. Wilson, D. Jones, P. Rivers, J. Brissett, M. Glennon, R. Finley, L. Jackson, M. Ryan, D. Watson,J. Winston, M. Trubisky are all names you know and all are starters or have started for their teams. How many from the SEC?
Not a SEC/ACC argument - I give the SEC their just due. Just pointing out - this staff has faced really good QB's. Finley was super accurate just like Burrow. No, Finley did not have the weapons or team of LSU(stay focused on the subject). I am just talking his accuracy and how you must make him move his feet.
Burrow is a great runner and will exploit an undisciplined defense! I think we have some unique talent on our team that can help us there. But, we will have to see won't we.
For them I do worry about Chaisson. https://lsusports.net/sports/football/roster/k-lavon-chaisson/20218

He is playing well. But, I like our WR's if Trevor has time to throw more than I like their DB's ability to hold coverage for long. I think including Oklahoma - the last few teams LSU has faced have had issues moving the football ( even when not facing a team of LSU's caliber). So of course, the pressure their offense puts on you will make it that much more difficult.

*** I am a fan of defense *** but with that disclaimer I must admit: There is no defense for the perfect pass! It goes for our DB's as well. AJ and DK had a few plays where they had NFL type tight coverage and their WR's made plays. You have to give them that. LSU's DB's will have to feel that same way and I believe they will - if we are able to block them well. LSU should have been way better against the pass with what they practice against - but aren't.

Our DB's versus their WR's - hey, give Burrow his due, he trust his guys. I only say this - Tua and Alabama ran rough shot on the same defenses a year ago. Tua and Alabama ran rough shot on these same defenses this year! Not so much against Auburn!
Neither did LSU! 23-20 win by the Tigers; but Auburn had the right mix of personnel to slow them down. So do we!

Should be a good battle. I even anticipate the young guys getting a turn at it. Ngata looks like a Junior and will perhaps be called on to play that way. <------ premonition.

AU held LSU to 23 pts but LSU gained 500+ yds, just kept screwing up and didn't score.

LSU led by 10 until AU scored a TD w/ seconds to play. AU never got the ball back w/ any chance to win.

Be careful, don't make the mistake of believing you can draw a conclusion based on a sample of one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 10:48 PM

OSU had 500 yards, kept screwing around and didn't score. Alabama had 440 yards an didn't score.

To put it in term you can grasp....
Beacoup yards Neux points...Dats how we deax

Dec 29, 2019, 10:51 PM

FutureDoc said:

OSU had 500 yards, kept screwing around and didn't score. Alabama had 440 yards an didn't score.

To put it in term you can grasp....
Beacoup yards Neux points...Dats how we deax

LOL!

If all you want is yards. Go ahead! I see that perhaps being the case against the bayou bengal.

I mean nobody can stop them right? No need to even show up right?

LOL!

Dec 29, 2019, 10:33 PM

I would put THE Death Valley up against the Clemson Death Valley any day. From the noise perspective and difficulty to play at, its not really a contest.

As far as the teams go, Clemson is the measuring stick right now. Nothing but respect for Clemsons program.

Dec 29, 2019, 10:45 PM

All those yards and you settled for FG's is all you just said in that post!

I am not the careful type.

Death Valley was Clemson's before it was LSU's. And, you just have more seats! Most of your games are at night. The night game gives everyone all day to get "ah hum" ready(liquored up) for the game! If you have one of those noise meters you are probably right.
But, I am taking up state South Carolina over Baton Rouge any day! Been to New Orleans and Shreveport but not Baton Rouge! If it's like those two places - no way. No thanks.

p.s. I do recall Alabama the team you guys beat with a QB who came into the game hurt by 5 points - out gaining us too!

Alabama rolled basically the same schedule you have this year and last the same way. Tua looked unbelievable and invincible.

Just Saying!

Dec 29, 2019, 11:46 PM

Wish LSU/CU would do a home/home.....would love to watch a game in Clemson. Would also love to host some CU fans and show them how we do it.

Dec 29, 2019, 11:50 PM

According to ESPN, Bama is WRU(LOL). Of course LSU has the current biletnikoff winner and 2 of the top 3 WRs in the country....so I think we could stake a claim to WRU atleast this year.

Dec 30, 2019, 1:05 PM

No. Clemson is WRU my friend.

Julio Jones and Amari Cooper for Bama - who else you got? We have Hopkins, Williams, Renfrow, Cain,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4iN6JO2fg

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,150
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic