Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney defends Stoudt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney defends Stoudt

Nov 18, 2014, 12:23 PM

WATCH: Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney defends Stoudt

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney defends Stoudt

Nov 18, 2014, 12:24 PM

I'm gonna puke.

DABO, WE AREN'T BOO-ING Cole, WE ARE BOO-ING YOU...

Nov 18, 2014, 1:45 PM

I do not know what games you are watching when you say that Cole Stoudt brings us everything we need to win. The only reason we have won any games with Cole Stoudt starting is because of the DEFENSE. We won those games despite the fact that Cole has been horrible at the QB position all year. Now I respect and admire Cole's hard work, dedication and effort but let's be real here. He is not cut out to be a college QB. You say he won the offensive MVP and leather helmet award but that is a freaking joke. Anyone who watched those games knows he has played no where near a level of deserving those awards. I would like to know who gave him those awards? I bet it was you yourself. So please don't give us this BS that he has only had one bad game. If you expect anyone with half brain to believe that then you are delusional. Cole has had his chances, way more than he deserves in my opinion. But we are way past the point of needing to give him a chance. He got his chance, he did not and has not gotten the job done, not even close. Frankly, it is embarrassing to hear the head coach of my Alma Mater try to pass this BS off as the truth. And that is what it is, BS, I know it, the fans know it, the team knows it and Cole knows it. Why continue with it is what I want to know. Put Cole on the bench, let Schuessler get 1st team reps in practice and give him the go. It's a no brainer. The only plausible reason I see to play Cole Stoudt against Ga. State is to hope that he plays well enough to be able to say "see, he is a good QB". COLE STOUDT IS NOT A GOOD QB, HE ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO BEING A GOOD QB. HE IS THE WORST QB I'VE EVER SEEN ON THE FIELD IN A CLEMSON UNIFORM. Anyone can see that. So please stop cramming this sunshine pumping crap up our throats. It is obviously, painfully, embarrassingly obvious. You are hurting your reputation as a coach, and as a man who supposedly is always honest and forthcoming. Just STOP IT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DABO, WE AREN'T BOO-ING Cole, WE ARE BOO-ING YOU...

Nov 18, 2014, 2:20 PM

Nah, Will Proctor was worse, he just had a better OL in front of him.

You people make me sick.

Nov 18, 2014, 5:25 PM [ in reply to DABO, WE AREN'T BOO-ING Cole, WE ARE BOO-ING YOU... ]

I cannot imagine having a more difficult time than this kid has. He wins the starting job after a rival implodes, he is finally going to get his time in the sunshine. He DID play pretty well against GA, SC State and Fl State. He did what was asked of him. And then he is benched for a true freshman. All of his dreams stopped at that point. He never appeared to get down. Never seemed to get sour. I would have. I would have said F-this. You don't want me then the heck with it. But he didn't. When he was called on he stepped up and led us to four straight victories.

You say we are booing Dabo...for what? All I have heard since he took over from some so called fans is that he is not a coach. He just has good coordinators. That is crap. If there was ever a year that he has done what a coach is supposed to it is this year. The team is hurt and has been from just about the beginning of the year. We simply have lost too many skilled and grunt guys this year on offense. It has been obvious that our offensive line is subpar because of injury and transfers. It lost us the FLST game this year. We have taken a true freshman quarterback and made him a star. We have recruited the best offensive lineman we could get this year. I have to ask what would you have him do? He sees the players every day at practice - you don't. Who is better positioned to evaluate who should start? I think Cole will be on a very short leash this weekend. If he starts making mistakes again like he did against GT he will get the hook really fast. But are we a better team with Nick?

Anyone who boos our own coaches or players is a coward. If you are so much better than the people who are paid to make the decisions put on a uniform or get into the profession and see how you do. Until then have a little class and be ENTERTAINED by the football team we put on the field. These are young men who work more hours in the week for no pay than most of the people in the stands do for a paycheck. And yes they all dream of going to the NFL but I am sure that the majority know if just isn't going to happen. Lets respect that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You people make me sick.

Nov 19, 2014, 10:22 AM

I understand where you are coming from. But look at it this way, these players are on a scholarship to play football and in return for the scholarship they need to play up to that scholarship. If Cole is not playing well than the next player in line deserves a chance to play. These other players practice just as hard as the starters and if you don't give these guys a chance than we will never know what they could have done. Cole deserved that chance to start I agree. Cole needs to play better this Saturday or pull him out and play the next man up but this needs to happen before the game is out of reach like the GT game was.

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney defends Stoudt

Nov 18, 2014, 2:35 PM

Criticize our head coach and critique the senior QB Stoudt (which I have done privately on a game-by-game basis) all day. At the end of the day, Dabo is right about life lessons and the big picture of learning and improving from difficult life circumstances. Fans need to honor ALL these seniors, and show our own character and integrity which are core values of this football program. Let the senior start. Then make good in-game decisions based on results, and the need to prepare the sophomore for next year. Go Tigers! Finish strong.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic