Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My prediction on Brad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

My prediction on Brad

Feb 7, 2017, 10:34 PM

we may win 16 games and that's a maybe. He knows it won't be better next year. Instead of waiting to be fired after next season, he leaves for another job after this year.

My guess, Miami of Ohio. Midwest, has coached in Ohio, mid major with some tradition. Good fit for him, best thing for all involved

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have mercy, I hope you are right.***

Feb 7, 2017, 10:35 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He's not dumb, and I do think he's a class act

Feb 7, 2017, 10:37 PM

and it's not all about money. Miami would actually be a place he could succeed and coach a long time

Read my post just above yours... we have both been Brownell supporters...

But it's time to move on. I hope the very best for him wherever he ends up.

It's interesting, if that shot doesn't go down at the buzzer, we are back in major tourney consideration and maybe a little excitement could have been restored. But, it did go in, and I believe that ultimately 1 buzzer beating shot may have cost Brad his job

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read your post right after I posted

Feb 7, 2017, 10:39 PM

he knows it's time to move on. He's frustrated with this team and for whatever reason can't reach them. Best for both parties he moves on to another job, which he will get I believe

Not making excuses for him, but this is a tough team...

Feb 7, 2017, 10:50 PM

3 transfers playing major roles in their first seasons, JB playing for his NBA status, Siddy has regressed this year (uncharacteristic for Brownell/Winecki post players), the hot start, and a gauntlet acc have all played factors into trying to get this team together. Not to mention, 4 losses at home in league by a combined 9 points. That's tough to recover from.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it will be hard for him to hold the team together

Feb 7, 2017, 10:54 PM

to close out the year. Whatever the reason, the chemistry is missing. I really don't buy the transfer excuse as all of them practiced last year. Now, maybe they don't fit his system of defense first, but them not being integrated to the team, I don't buy.

I think the team is round pegs in square holes

Having a good basketball program and beating good teams is

Feb 7, 2017, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Not making excuses for him, but this is a tough team... ]

tough, but having a good basketball program and beating good teams is the expectation.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: My prediction on Brad

I highly doubt that happens

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it's all about money for him

Feb 7, 2017, 10:41 PM

and he knows next year with the status quo we take a step back from this year

Re: I don't think it's all about money for him

Feb 8, 2017, 8:07 AM

His bank account probably looks pretty good from the last 7 years at Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't toy with us*****

Feb 7, 2017, 10:41 PM

I'm actually serious

Feb 7, 2017, 10:42 PM

school may be different but I think he moves on OF his own accord

Hopefully*****

Feb 7, 2017, 10:45 PM

Perhaps some "incentive" money out the door as a

Feb 7, 2017, 10:52 PM [ in reply to I'm actually serious ]

bridge or something that's somewhere in between our current obligations. I'm sure they have ways of making it work well for all involved. But it's time once this season is over. I think the players deserve more also.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That will make Wally Szczerbiak turn over in his grave.

Feb 7, 2017, 10:46 PM

He would never approve.

~JKB

I actually think Brad would be a great fit

Feb 7, 2017, 10:48 PM

in the MAC. Players aren't ACC caliber and much more likely to buy into his style and messaging

Re: I actually think Brad would be a great fit

Feb 8, 2017, 1:54 AM

If a Mid-Atlantic Conference program wants a coach who is for blowing leads and losing games, they are welcome to have Brownell. Who wants to hear about a Mid-Atlantic Conference men's basketball program committed to losing? No one.

Feb 7, 2017, 11:30 PM

I have said all along that chemistry was missing and CBB just admitted he made a major mistake which caused another home loss! While I respect him, I have reached the conclusion he simply needs to quietly find another job and if he doesn't then he needs to be fired. I don't want an NIT bid and if we get one we should really consider if it benefits the program over the long term?

Bottom line: Clemson basketball has gotten stale and it is time for change. Tonight we lost another game we should have won and did not. Enough said!

This makes a lot of sense and I hope you're right.

Feb 7, 2017, 11:43 PM

Clemson basketball should make the NCAA Tournament every year and expect to make some deep runs from time to time. I don't think Brad is the coach to make it happen for us.

However, I do like him and want him to be successful. I think he will be successful wherever he ends up, and agree that a mid-major school in the Midwest seems to be a perfect fit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Miami is horrible this year

Feb 8, 2017, 12:07 AM

A former Frank Martin assistant is the head guy but has had a losing record the last three years. Miami has a strong tradition in basketball but has really struggled the last decade.

It's just a guess, but the writing is on the wall here

Agreed. I just hope DRad sees it the same way.

Feb 8, 2017, 12:12 AM

And not only that, but he is willing to spend the money to get us a proven winner at the high major level. Despite what some of our fans think, we don't have to settle for an assistant or a mid-major coach. This is an attractive job being in the ACC and the new facilities. We just have to be willing to pay a good salary, without being scared that it somehow makes us less of a "football school." I would like to think that DRad gets it and will make this coaching hire a priority.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I can't think of one power conference coach

Feb 8, 2017, 12:25 AM

we would target honestly. Whoever it is, just pray it's the right guy

I hope so... please!***

Feb 7, 2017, 11:45 PM

D-Rad will give Brad two years in the renovated

Feb 8, 2017, 12:50 AM

Littlejohn. Hard to recruit when you are playing away from home an entire season in Greenville.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: D-Rad will give Brad two years in the renovated

Feb 8, 2017, 1:51 AM

It is hard to recruit when you are losing games. Who wants to play for a loser? No one.

Feb 8, 2017, 1:50 AM

Brownell has earned his firing. Coaching the team to blow leads and lose close games is unacceptable.

That's not very nice SF,

Feb 8, 2017, 7:20 AM

getting our hopes up like that.

Not sure he would get hired. My biggest disappointment in him

Feb 8, 2017, 7:41 AM

was that when he came in he said he wanted to run a motion offense. I have never seen that truly implemented. Not sure if it was because he never got the right players or what, but I've never seen a coherent system under him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hes actually very respected in coaching circles

Feb 8, 2017, 7:46 AM

and unlike coot football, every one of our basketball coaches since Bobby Roberts has gone in to another head coaching job. Failure at Clemson is not a career killer, as quite frankly, failure at Clemson is the norm unless you while winning like Barnes or OP

Well respected = no real threat.

Feb 8, 2017, 8:29 AM

I want a coach who others fear. The last and only one we have had is Rick Barnes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well respected = no real threat.

Feb 8, 2017, 9:31 AM

> I want a coach who others fear. The last and only one
> we have had is Rick Barnes.

That I agree with you on, also Tates Locke was same as Barnes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except for that corruption stuff

Feb 8, 2017, 9:39 AM

that was the poster child for cheating for many years

No way he leaves without making us pay his buyout.***

Feb 8, 2017, 8:41 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic