Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Craig will not join team at start of camp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Craig will not join team at start of camp

Aug 4, 2011, 8:44 PM

Craig will not join team at start of camp

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character

Aug 4, 2011, 8:51 PM

Everybody makes mistakes, but this one is of a violent act and will more than likely been seen again if he's allowed to stay. We at Clemson are above this nonsense. I'm hanging my career on class guys if I'm Dabo & say goodbye.

Re: Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character

Aug 4, 2011, 8:55 PM

you're basing your statement on what you've read/heard. Dabo is basing it on what he knows about the kid and what he KNOWS happened. think i'm throwing with Dabo here. and FWIW, i know the kid and his family. he's a good kid that got caught in a bad situation.. and as usual, what you saw in the media was only PART of the story. joe has paid a pretty heavy price.. no summer workouts, misses about 2.5 weeks of fall camp. move along.. he's paid his price.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Character folks don't hang around freaks with weapons

Aug 4, 2011, 9:06 PM

You are guilty by association when you put yourself in such predicaments..."lay with dogs, you get fleas".

Done, gone and move on to USC and the rest of the thugs for Gore IMO, as I have no sympathy to these types of situations. When you leave home, you are to represent yourself, your parents and now, your University & teammates.

Amen!

Apologies to Mr. Gore, I meant Joe Craig***

Aug 4, 2011, 9:08 PM

I am sure he cares what you think***

Aug 4, 2011, 9:38 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Character folks don't hang around freaks with weapons

Aug 4, 2011, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Character folks don't hang around freaks with weapons ]

so, because i have a shower rod, 3 actually, in my house, does that mean i hang around weapons.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duh...that would be the crazy girl with the razor***

Aug 4, 2011, 9:16 PM

Re: Duh...that would be the crazy girl with the razor***

Aug 4, 2011, 9:19 PM

so if a crazy girl with a razor has you backed in the bathroom slicing you up what are you going to do, ask her pretty please to quit.

Well, I'm smart enough to not hang around these types

Aug 4, 2011, 9:20 PM

How about you?

Re: Well, I'm smart enough to not hang around these types

Aug 4, 2011, 9:23 PM

lmao, you are off the charts. i am sure joe craig knew there was an excellent chance of getting sliced up if he went over to her place to get a little trim.

He beat her with a shower rod. She retaliated. Get rid of

Aug 4, 2011, 10:56 PM

him.

You don't have any idea what you're talking about.. Assuming

Aug 6, 2011, 12:19 PM

things is just plain ignorant. The mature, intelligent, and respectful thing to do would be to stop acting like you have any idea what you're talking about and let the proven system run it's course.. although I expect this will go right over your head.

I try to avoid 'em now, but at 20 yrs old, not so much, and

Aug 4, 2011, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Well, I'm smart enough to not hang around these types ]

it had nothing to do with character, but rather ignorance and stupidity.

If there is a pattern of bad behavior, Dabo will not tolerate it. One dumb screw up, one instance of poor judgement is not necessarily an indication of poor character, and doesn't necessarily warrant being kicked off the team. In fact, not giving a deserving kid a second chance would in itself be an example of poor character.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I'm 30 years old. I've never beat a woman, for any reason,

Aug 4, 2011, 10:57 PM

and I never will.

41 and never beat a woman either and never would..no excuse*

Aug 6, 2011, 11:12 AM

I'm assuming you've never been cut open with a razor?***

Aug 6, 2011, 12:01 PM [ in reply to I'm 30 years old. I've never beat a woman, for any reason, ]

Aug 4, 2011, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Character folks don't hang around freaks with weapons ]

your theory may be good, but you are lost in space on this situation. you don't know the facts, you're simply drawing conclusions on something you know nothing about.

Aug 4, 2011, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Character folks don't hang around freaks with weapons ]

You say AMEN like it was a prayer. God forgives those that are able to forgive others. I'm sure that a man with your heart felt thoughts will burn in hell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you know what Dabo knows? He beat up a woman

Aug 4, 2011, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character ]

he hasn't paid a high enough price. Cut him loose, and kick him out of school. I will never pull for a woman beater, regardless of the reason. I hope he NEVER sees the field.

Re: How do you know what Dabo knows? He beat up a woman

Aug 4, 2011, 11:04 PM

Hopefully this POS gets kicked out of school. He's probably not here because of his grades. And his violent behavior is an embarrassment to the school.

So much for Dabo being all about class guys. Just an act.

You don't have the first clue, about any of that. Please

Aug 6, 2011, 12:06 PM

stop pretending as if you do. Thankfully, the people with the facts and level heads are in charge, and not the unknowing, judgmental minority.

Good thing you're not in charge. Assumptions are not a good

Aug 6, 2011, 12:03 PM [ in reply to How do you know what Dabo knows? He beat up a woman ]

thing when it comes to judging right and wrong.

If it were a drinking/partying thing, I'd tend to agree...

Aug 4, 2011, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character ]

...and I know the situation, at least as much as anybody else does. But the fact that it involved domestic violence, and real-life weapons...sorry. I was about as rotten a college student as they come, but I never felt the need to approach any of my lady friends with a hunk of metal.

Never okay.

well..thing could be said about spurrier as well...

Aug 6, 2011, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character ]

we jump to what we see in the media he knows the actual facts in his situation.

Aug 4, 2011, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character ]

IMHO Joe has paid a somewhat heavy price for that one incident. I think we should just wait until Dabo makes the final decision. We can all be sure that Dabo will not be like SOS and let his players get away with anything.If Dabo thinks he deserves another chance I am in favor of that.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2011, 9:23 PM

It's very easy to comment (and be wrong) about a situation looking from the outside...

Having said that, I hope Joe Craig can play for Clemson in the fall. (for his and the team's sake) but I don't think Clemson University should show much tolerance on such a serious matter.

I hope they deal with it honestly and fairly.

Aug 6, 2011, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character ]

> IMHO Joe has paid a somewhat heavy price for that one
> incident. I think we should just wait until Dabo
> makes the final decision. We can all be sure that
> Dabo will not be like SOS and let his players get
> away with anything.If Dabo thinks he deserves another
> chance I am in favor of that.

When you've had two players mixed up in domestic violence with little to zero punishment for it, you forfeit your right to throw stones at another program.

Re: Agree 100%. We don't need this crap.***

Aug 4, 2011, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character ]

Aug 8, 2011, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character ]

THANK GOD you are not our coach.

You only spew neg. about anything Clemson.

If you are really a coach I bet your players can't wait to get to pracitce to hear you moan and grown and tell'em what a GREAT person you are!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character

Aug 4, 2011, 9:30 PM

Dear 8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus, when are we going to get this right? Craig SHOWED UP TO HER DOOR WITH TOWEL ROD IN HAND. He didn't get stabbed in the bathroom and react. The police said he showed up to her door and actually beat the outside of her door with it. The police said there were visible marks from where he struck the door. Tell me how showing up to someone's door wielding a towel rod is a "mistake" or how "being a good kid" somehow excuses his actions?

Photobucket

Aug 4, 2011, 9:34 PM

again, you know nothing of the facts. you're going off read/heard type info, much of which was her side of the story. and, it is a matter of record that she recanted her story in the university hearing.

Aug 4, 2011, 9:35 PM

are you questioning the noob. surely not

Just because SHE has less character than him & deroberts

Aug 4, 2011, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character ]

Isn't much of an arguement

Re: Just because SHE has less character than him & deroberts

Aug 4, 2011, 9:39 PM

mr holier than though coachmac knows all the facts. this argument should be over.

That's the FIRST intelligent thing you've ever posted here

Aug 4, 2011, 9:41 PM

Story over

You ever hear of sarcasm?

Aug 6, 2011, 12:10 PM

It means what he said is the exact opposite of reality. Reality is, you're ignorant to this situation. You know NOTHING about this situation, so you shouldn't be commenting as if you do.

masked, of course you are 100% correct.***

Aug 6, 2011, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character ]

If that is what happened, and if that is the whole story and

Aug 4, 2011, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character ]

there are no extenuating circumstances, then I can't defend those actions. That's a big "if".

But even if I can't defend that, I can certainly defend Dabo's decision to let him come back, only after serving his suspension and taking his medicine.

If he steps out of line again, he'll be gone and he knows it. For now if he is truly sorry for what he's done, and keeps his nose clean going forward, he deserves another chance. Dabo and the coaches are better judges of that than any of us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Re: Re: Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character

Aug 4, 2011, 9:42 PM

You're right, a police report is not "fact". I hereby retract all my previous statements which were based on such a unfactual report. My apologies.

Photobucket

Re: Re: Re: Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character

Aug 4, 2011, 9:45 PM

what part about she retracted the statements in the police report at the university hearing do you not get. you really are a noob. every police report ever taken is 100% factual. i get it now.

I guess she beat herself up, and gave herself the bruises

Aug 4, 2011, 10:58 PM

and cuts.

Funny you're the one confusing the "facts"

Aug 6, 2011, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Re: Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character ]

Mr. "I have three shower rods in my house." For the last time, Craig showed up to her door with a TOWEL rod in hand (FACT). We know this because it said in the police report that the police found indentations on the outside of her door from craig's towel rod (FACT).

Therefore, Craig is a thug because he showed up to her doorstep with a towel rod. He did NOT get attacked in her bathroom. He did NOT react and grab a rod in her bathroom to defend himself. He showed up with it and he doesn't deserve to play football at my school.

Photobucket

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character

Aug 4, 2011, 9:50 PM

Did she recount the marks on the outside of her door as well? You cannot argue that Craig didn't show up to her door already armed with the towel rod...period. I don't care what on God's green earth happened after that...the fact he came armed to a confrontation is enough for me.

Photobucket

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character

Aug 4, 2011, 10:07 PM

If he there was nothing to it, why suspend him at all. if he did it you have to cut him lose. you don't hit girls regardless.

You are right on the money.***

Aug 6, 2011, 11:18 AM

nm

LOL at you cockstripe777...

Aug 6, 2011, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Re: Re: Cut him loose and show Tigers are serious about character ]

You continue to exhibit a mind-numbingly low IQ, and unfortunately for you and this site you're just not smart enough to understand this fact. Must suck to be too dumb to realize you're dumb.

If people like Garcia can play, then Craig should play...

Aug 4, 2011, 10:54 PM

no reason to penalize ourself if other teams are allowing people back.

Re: If people like Garcia can play, then Craig should play...

Aug 6, 2011, 11:28 AM

Because in your "mind"
keying a car, drinking a beer underage and yelling at some one at a meeting = beating a girl with a towel rod.
Pathetic.

^Yet another moron pretending to know anything about the

Aug 6, 2011, 12:15 PM

situation. You should focus more on the repeated lack of discipline exhibited by your players AND coaches.

Re: ^Yet another moron pretending to know anything about the

Aug 6, 2011, 12:40 PM

Stanley, The dumb one must be you if you can read the police report and not comprehend it. I mixed up two words due to having dyslexia and can not edit. Unlike you I can not trash coots and turn around and condone a tiger for, not bad,but deplorable actions. You sir have no credibility with me or others I talk to. If you have a ignore button pleas feel free to use it. By the way, It may be spelled Ignorant on your page!

^^Exhibit #417 of your sheer and undeniable stupidity...

Aug 6, 2011, 7:27 PM

The police report is nothing more than a "he said/she said" story at this point. It is has not been analyzed in a court of law, nor is it a proven record. Anyone can say anything in a police report.

Anyone with an IQ higher than their belt size would know these things. But alas, you do not.

Yet again, in the midst of your hilariously weak effort to pretend you're a tiger fan, you openly expose just exactly how pathetically stupid you are. You've proven yet again, without a shadow of doubt - you're too stupid to realize just how truly dumb you are.

If you weren't such an idiot, I'd actually feel sorry for you.

Re: ^^Exhibit #417 of your sheer and undeniable stupidity...

Aug 6, 2011, 8:35 PM

Stanley ,again you just show how ignorant you truly are. If there was nothing to it, why was he suspended? You are so stupid I get the biggest laugh every time I see one of your post. Let me guess. You are still in high school. We will still let you be a Clemson fan if you don't stick up for a player that just does not fit our program. A woman beater does not fit. It's OK because their are some out there that just don't fit our mold.

^^Exhibit #419

Aug 7, 2011, 1:17 PM

I didn't say there was nothing to it. Not once. There was obviously something to it, and that's why he's suspended.

You're simply confirming over and over - your IQ is lower than your belt size. Sorry you can't comprehend the difference in a he said/she said police report and proven facts, but again, it's not my fault you were born with defective genes. It's not my fault your gene pool more of a mud puddle, but being too dumb to realize you're dumb. Know what I mean?

Again, you should be far more concerned with factual events like your 5-strike QB, you're kicked-off but reinstated DB, or your dumb a$$, pi$$ing on Main Street QB Coach.

We know there's nothing we can do about your lack of IQ, but hopefully we can at least get you to start focusing on your laughable program instead of repeatedly making a complete a$$ of yourself on your rival's website. Okay, ignoramus?

Re: ^^Exhibit #419

Aug 7, 2011, 1:42 PM

Stanley, when people lose an argument they turn to talking about spelling and gene pools and anything else they can resort to and try and degrade the person they are arguing with. I guess you lose. When A guy is standing at a door with a shower rod and THE POLICE REPORT SAYS, the marks on the door are consistent with the report that he beat the door with a towel rod. If nothing else this guy showed up at the apartment with a towel rod. What is the reason someone shows up at his girl friends apartment with a towel rod in the first place. We can win without thugs. I'm sorry you don't think we can. That makes us no better than the coots.

^^Exhibit #422

Aug 7, 2011, 2:10 PM

Cockstripe, I didn't lose any arguments. Not even close. I posted concise and fully accurate facts.

Marks on a door are not remotely related to "beating a woman with a towel rod". Yet again, I'm sorry your sheer stupidity is hindering you here, but it's not my fault.

Yet again, please be more focused on your own team of thugs, your player's and coach's hilarious antics, your head coach's immense list of incidents since he took over, and your pending probation.

Try to stop showing the world you're a complete buffoon. I know you're too dumb to see it, but you just have to trust me on this. Try to stop exposing over and over again that your IQ couldn't fill up a thimble. It's for your own good. I'm only trying to help you. Okay?

Re: ^^Exhibit #422

Aug 7, 2011, 3:16 PM

Hey dufus pay attention! My argument is mealy showing up at an apartment with a towel rod in hand is grounds enough for dismissal. If you can't see that it just exposes you for the redneck you are. Real men don't show up at their girl friends apartment with a weapon. I will forgive you for not knowing any better. By the way if you don't like my post, Ignore them. I have been on this board a lot longer than you have.

Re: ^^Exhibit #422

Aug 7, 2011, 3:18 PM

Wesh was not Craig's girlfriend--at least according to reports.....and I imagine is not now.

Anyone know if she's back in school????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^Exhibit #423

Aug 8, 2011, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^Exhibit #422 ]

LMAO! You're dumber than a box of rocks. Keep up the good work, cockstripe.

Re: ^^Exhibit #417 of your sheer and undeniable stupidity...

Aug 8, 2011, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^Exhibit #417 of your sheer and undeniable stupidity... ]

Stanley is right about the police report

Just saying

Re: If people like Garcia can play, then Craig should play...

Aug 6, 2011, 11:32 AM [ in reply to If people like Garcia can play, then Craig should play... ]

that is the dumbest thing I have heard so far today.

A Clemson man does not beat women with shower rods***

Aug 6, 2011, 2:05 PM

Why does NO ONE care what She did?

Aug 7, 2011, 2:53 AM

Just because you're a woman doesn't mean you're blameless. From what i read, they were both were acting like ghetto idiots and have no business even going to school at Clemson much less playing sports.

I don't see this so much as an athletic problem but a University issue. They should be more worried about being able to enroll for classes, have their scholarships, housing, financial aid, ect.. renewed. If a kid gets an underage drinking ticket they lose their scholarships. I cant imagine this type of incident would be much different

If they were living off campus I can assure you they would have both been evicted immediately.

I think this brings up interesting point. If Joe does lose his scholarship and serves a suspension would that be punishment enough? Were talking 50-80k here worth of punishment to prove his character. Is that overkill for a 19 y/o who made a poor decision? I don't know what kind of fine is involved in a domestic violence case but I'm sure its not even close to 50+k.

I don't like the bad publicity anymore than you do, and I'm not for enabling a guy who hit a woman but IF he is a good kid who made a poor decision....I just cant pass judgment on this situation yet and I'm glad I don't have to. I trust Dabo's and the administrations decision and will support them either way.

You are 100% correct.

Aug 7, 2011, 1:36 PM

But don't mind Chrissy. She's a cockfan with some sort of mental issue. She laughingly thinks her demented charade is funny, but she can't help it. Her elevator stops several floors short of the top floor, plus she suffers from "little man's disease". Just know this when you read her posts.

Good post by the way.

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic