Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cuse Fan Checking In
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

Cuse Fan Checking In

Nov 29, 2012, 3:27 PM

Hi first time poster

Assuming there is no change to the alignment we'll be playing you guys annually.

We are grateful for getting an invite to the league.

I know most of you think we are a bad addition...but I think you should give us a chance. We are not BC. If you are lucky enough to get a chance to visit Syracuse in mid October you can see the leaves change, take a side trip to Niagara Falls, Cooperstown, Finger Lakes wineries or even NYC (if you have a few days extra). We have world class salmon/steelhead/lake trout/musky fishing in the Fall just 30-75 mins north of the city and the largest entertainment/shopping center in the northeast.

As for Football we are climbing out of the hole a bad coaching hire put us in. We would've been the 3rd or 4th best Football team in the ACC this year and we decisively beat Louisville and UConn and won a close gaime against Pitt. You'll find the Carrier Dome is not an easy place to get a win at. In basketball we expect to always be in the Top 10 nationally and will lead the league in attendance. Our Olympic sports are strong but we only sponsor 20 or so teams. Oh we also serve beer in the stands.

Mark

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cuse Fan Checking In

Nov 29, 2012, 3:30 PM

And I welcome to the southland. Orange is always welcome. looking forward to the competition!!!

Look forward to playing y'all in DV in September when it's

Nov 29, 2012, 8:53 PM

about 95 degrees. Suspect you'll find that Death Valley is also not an easy place to get a win either.

Welcome!

Welcome

Nov 29, 2012, 3:30 PM

You had me at beer in the stands. What is this basketball you speak of? Clemson fans know little about this.

Re: Welcome

Nov 29, 2012, 3:40 PM

> You had me at beer in the stands. What is this
> basketball you speak of? Clemson fans know little
> about this.

I don't know the last time we played (NIT) you guys beat us in a close game at your house about 5 years ago. Cuse fans will definitely help fill your arena. BTW, how many seats do you set aside for visitors in Football?

The best Syracuse fan board is Indy like yours.

It is www.syracusefan.com

The best Cuse Blog (and is usually very funny)

www.nunesmagician.com

Nov 29, 2012, 3:43 PM

I don't know the exact number but I would guess a few thousand. Visitor sections are right by visiting band seats near the endzone on the visitor side and in the top corners of the upper deck on the visitor side.

Nov 29, 2012, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome ]

I like the Syracuse fan board. It seems a lot like our site here.

Nice board, I especially enjoyed the post where you clowns

Nov 29, 2012, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome ]

are going to come in and start kicking all of our a$$es in football. LOL.

Re: Nice board, I especially enjoyed the post where you clowns

Nov 29, 2012, 4:24 PM

> are going to come in and start kicking all of our
> a$$es in football. LOL.

LOL...I think we'll compete...we might not win at Clemson but you'll see a real team competing as we aren't a true basketball school. We have wins the last two seasons against teams ranked #9 and #11 coming into the Dome. Ask VTech fans about playing in the Carrier Dome?

I just figured it was folks up there still mad at us...

Nov 29, 2012, 4:26 PM

...for letting you hire Spence without a warning on the box.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just figured it was folks up there still mad at us...

Nov 29, 2012, 4:32 PM

> ...for letting you hire Spence without a warning on
> the box.

That man was in love with the Bubble Screen...wow!

We now have a young OC that is killing it this year with an up tempo offense.

"Bubble Screen Spence" LOL!

Nov 30, 2012, 10:50 AM

Watching just ONE of our games would have shown you that.

Sad thing is we probably could have used a few bubble screens against South Carolina.....

:-).***

Nov 29, 2012, 10:10 PM [ in reply to I just figured it was folks up there still mad at us... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2012, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome ]

I witnessed live a beat down in a gator bowl some years ago............ Been plotting revenge ever since!!!!!!

I was there for that West S**t — McNabb & Harrison***

Nov 30, 2012, 12:32 AM

How's the tailgating?

Nov 29, 2012, 3:40 PM

The biggest question is how's the tailgating?

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't be worse than BC's tailgating

Nov 29, 2012, 3:44 PM

They do it in a parking garage.

But BC is a fun trip...because of Boston.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably like Boston College.

Nov 29, 2012, 3:45 PM [ in reply to How's the tailgating? ]

Nonexistent. You know those northerners, aye. Yay hockey!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: How's the tailgating?

Nov 29, 2012, 3:54 PM [ in reply to How's the tailgating? ]

> The biggest question is how's the tailgating?

Tailgating: is our weakest link...as many fans try to arrive to the game 2 minutes before kickoff. Those that tailgate are mostly are amateurs who arrive 1-2 hours before kickoff. We do have a few that tailgate like Southerners.

Biggest Tailgate negative: being an urban school our lots are small, asphalt and spread around the campus. Parking on campus is pretty tough to do as a cash game day fan. We have a huge grassy area for visitors and RVs but it is about a 1.5 miles from the Dome and you have to shuttle in. My advice is to treat me nice (LOL) and I'll invite you to my group's tailgate 2 blocks from the Dome.

The upside is Food is awesome up in NY...great Italian. Our (Italian and German) sausages and coneys are some of the best. We even have a famous BBQ joint (Dinosaur) in Cuse.

Re: How's the tailgating?

Nov 29, 2012, 4:40 PM

Well I'm sure you have been told that the best tailgating in all of college FB is at Clemson. Tailgating at Clemson is done on campus and mostly all in very nice grassy lots in walking distance to the stadium. And all the way up to the front gate walking into DEATH VALLEY. No better tailgating no where in all of college FB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus by the time football is in full swing

Nov 29, 2012, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: How's the tailgating? ]

It's freezing ### cold up there....BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR is all I can say

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Not looking forward to playing you. ###? A dome???

Nov 29, 2012, 3:41 PM

Thanks swoffie.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Welcome. Hope we're not around long, but no offense

Nov 29, 2012, 3:46 PM

to you. We (or maybe just I) don't like the ACC very much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

welcome aboard and don't be a stranger. we do have some

tools on board; i'm sure they'll be along soon to give their hellos.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was in the stands at the 1996 Gator Bowl.

That was painful and I believe the only football game ever played between Cuse and Clemson. So, if anything, you currently have bragging rights. No shame there. Still, I can't wait to visit my buddy in Syracuse and watch the Tigers get some payback over few beers...while sitting in his seats. ;)

Yeesh. A 41-0 drubbing at the hands of Syracuse***

Nov 29, 2012, 3:49 PM

nm

McNabb lit us up. I drank our seat vendor out of beer...***

Nov 29, 2012, 4:00 PM

Lady in front of me at that game,

Nov 30, 2012, 10:31 AM [ in reply to I was in the stands at the 1996 Gator Bowl. ]

while looking at their mascot, "What are they - the tomatoes?"

Never gets old.

Nov 29, 2012, 3:51 PM

My coworker/golf buddy is from the Cuse. It's me, him and a bunch of God-awful NCSU fans in the office. I'll be taking him to Death Valley for you guys' first trip to play there.

Welcome to the ACC n stuff.

Nov 29, 2012, 3:59 PM

Welcome! Not all Tiger fans are down south! My wife and I live in CT not that far from you so I am hoping we play you in the Dome next year so I can go to another game (BC). Tell you what you take me fishing in NY for salmon and I will return the favor for stripers in LIS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2012, 4:11 PM

> Welcome! Not all Tiger fans are down south! My wife
> and I live in CT not that far from you so I am hoping
> we play you in the Dome next year so I can go to
> another game (BC). Tell you what you take me fishing
> in NY for salmon and I will return the favor for
> stripers in LIS!

Google: Pulaski and Salmon Fishing

A few good Youtube videos out there. You can also charter boats and head out into Lake Ontario. Pulaski is 30 minutes north of the Syracuse airport and is where you go for Salmon Fishing.

Sadly I live in San Antonio and only have a small cottage on Lake Ontario I use sporatically from May to early October. The cottage is awesome in the Fall for using for a couple Cuse FB games. Once I retire I'll be getting a boat and then I can take you fishing.

Nov 30, 2012, 9:45 AM

Hey that's ok I have a 27' SeaPro that we can go out on...come up for a visit!

TexanMark

Nov 30, 2012, 9:56 AM

Thanks for the post and welcome to the ACC. As a Brooklynite who grew up rooting for the 'Cuse, I'm excited about the "quick" trip to Syracuse to see the Tigers and, of course, for some Dinosaur (we have one here in Harlem, too, but my first two experiences were at Syracuse). Make sure you get down to Clemson in the Fall. Unfortunately, the chances of a Clemson/Syracuse game being anything other than a Noon kickoff is 0.00%, so you won't get the full experience, but you'll still enjoy yourself, promise.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long time reader, first time poster, I just pose a question

Nov 29, 2012, 4:02 PM

then hang up and listen.

Re: Long time reader, first time poster, I just pose a question

Nov 29, 2012, 4:48 PM

Welcome! I would also like to warn you of the various lovers of #### who infiltrate our board. Like the one right above this post.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Long time reader, first time poster, I just pose a question

Nov 29, 2012, 4:51 PM

Yes, they are real #### lovers, any way they can get them.

Greetings! Welcome aboard!

Nov 29, 2012, 4:02 PM

Fishing is a universal language.

But how are y'all set for snakes and strychnine?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greetings! Welcome aboard!

Nov 29, 2012, 4:16 PM

Big fan of Syracuse...love the Armory and love Dinasaur. I thought beer rules were determined by the conference. I guess the ACC leaves it up to each school...i know the SEC doesn't allow it.

Re: Greetings! Welcome aboard!

Nov 29, 2012, 4:46 PM

Thats only b/c of all the half breeds at usuc.

Nov 29, 2012, 4:12 PM

Mark,

Welcome being from the Big East, this is football here. The crowds are loud, tailgating is great, no WVU fans to throw stuff at you and after that game we are all friends. Just a game. The atmosphere is great. You, PITT and now Loiusville will make the hoops a lot more interesting. Welcome

Nov 29, 2012, 4:13 PM

very nice post/// U are right; most did not want Cuse in the ACC.. I have tried to tell fellow Tigers that Cuse has a very good football history and winning up there in the frozen Northland is not easy...however, U are herew and we will welcome U Cuse fans to our tailgates like southern gentlemen should!!a side note; it would have made lots more sense to have Pitt in our division but swoffie knows best

Nov 29, 2012, 4:19 PM

> very nice post/// U are right; most did not want Cuse
> in the ACC.. I have tried to tell fellow Tigers that
> Cuse has a very good football history and winning up
> there in the frozen Northland is not easy...however,
> U are herew and we will welcome U Cuse fans to our
> tailgates like southern gentlemen should!!a side
> note; it would have made lots more sense to have Pitt
> in our division but swoffie knows best

Trust me we see the winning looks easier in the Coastal.

I think you'll see we travel better than expected to your stadium...a ton of Cuse fans throughout the Piedmont. We have a fair amount of T-shirt fans as there was no major league sports in Syracuse (The NBA left in 1963) and locals follow them as their team too.

Here's to hoping you guys continue your upward trend

Nov 29, 2012, 4:18 PM

in football. Would love nothing more than the ACC to get about 3 or 4 programs turned back around and turn us back into a solid conference.

And don't let all the candy @sses on here fool you, that is possible.

Welcome my friend.

Nov 29, 2012, 4:27 PM

Well if y'all ever play the coots there. Y'all better stop beer sales for that day at least. They will spit on you, ask your women for sex right in front of you. And they throw old ladies and men down the steps just to gain one spot in line. They are the worst thugs even been allowed to leave sc for any reason. Grown men will start fights with your women and your pre teenage boys and beat the living sheet out of them. Every visitor that ever walks in their stadium. Will walk out praying they want be killed or seriously injured. This is the truth the whole truth so help me god. So tell your Admin to never except and OOCG with them, NEVER for your fans own safety. I'm telling you this b/c they will schedule OOG from the acc.

Deer Mark,

Nov 29, 2012, 4:31 PM

Welcome to TNet. We try to take all opposing teams' fans with a grade of slaw until they prove to be loosers. If you prove to be a looser, we'll landblast you. In the meantime, make yourself at home and feel free to keep your comments on the subject of sports, particularly football. You'll be welcome as long as you don't act like a coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Whad'ya want, a ticker take parade?***

I have plenty of ticker take. Let's throw Mark a

Nov 29, 2012, 4:40 PM

welcome to TNet parade.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I can remember when we played y'all in the NIT

Nov 29, 2012, 4:31 PM

in 2005 or 2006 the round right before Madison Square Garden play, it seemed like Cuse fans traveled pretty well and y'all seemed pretty classy.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Someone ought to link Mark to a Tnet cheat sheet...

he's probably confused by now about "coot" and "Germans", etc

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome and I hope we continue to steal your best recruits!

Nov 29, 2012, 4:34 PM

On another random note, it's just too #### cold up there!

Re: Welcome and I hope we continue to steal your best recruits!

Nov 29, 2012, 4:38 PM

> On another random note, it's just too #### cold up
> there!

We think we have a better QB coming in from Texas than Kelley (too much drama)

Also it isn't over yet on Ebenezer. We really need him.

Nov 29, 2012, 4:39 PM

Welcome Cuse Fan.
Its not that we think you are a bad addition all alone, its a series of decisions that Syracuse just happen to bring to a head.

Welcome to the board and look forward to playing you guys.

Welcome. Please bring back Donovan McNabb and

Nov 29, 2012, 4:48 PM

Jim Brown so that you may help raise the ACC football profile.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome, let me ask you a question

Nov 29, 2012, 4:53 PM

If you went 10-4 and 10-2 2 straight years and had 3 division titles and a conference title in 4 years would ya'll be calling for the coach to be fired? Yeah welcome to TNET

Hey Mark.....I wanted Clemson to be in Pitt's division BUT

Nov 29, 2012, 6:58 PM

after your tour guide info I'm "ALL IN" for the Cuse!

Welcome to the "BIG ACC" as we should call it now..and hoping ND will come in all the way..plus maybe someone else like Penn St or even interesting Navy.

Oh, haven't gotten over the beating your Boys put on us in the Gator Bowl a zillion years ago with that QB (?on the tip of my dementia brain) that zinged us all night long til some of us just turned to each other and started talking & drinking. Geez!

GoTiGERs..Stand Up & FIGHT Boys!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No photos of women not welcome here..ha ha***

Nov 29, 2012, 8:02 PM

How's the tennis program?***

Nov 29, 2012, 8:06 PM

lol what am I saying I know the answer to this

Nov 29, 2012, 8:54 PM

they dont have a mens team!! The womens team has good ole Jensen as the head coach of ESPN ilk but they arent very good.

Welcome! Thanks for the good post! Even tho I highly doubt

Nov 29, 2012, 8:07 PM

Cuse would have been 4th in the conference this year...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to TigerNet and the ACC

Nov 29, 2012, 8:09 PM

Many of us hope to leave your team and most of the other ACC teams by getting the heck out of the ACC. Just as you feel lucky to now be in the ACC, many of us would feel lucky to get out. :)

i seen that dinosors on triple D it did look good cuse looked good few times i seen them on tv***

Nov 29, 2012, 9:26 PM

Dude, y'all don't even have iced tea. C'mon man. Who you

Nov 29, 2012, 9:35 PM

tryin' to fool?

They got iced everything up there......it's cold!***

Nov 29, 2012, 11:04 PM

Is your fanbase strictly in the Syracuse area? I live in...

Nov 29, 2012, 9:46 PM

Albany and never see or hear anything about Syracuse.

Re: Is your fanbase strictly in the Syracuse area? I live in...

Nov 30, 2012, 8:56 PM

i'm in hoosick falls.our high school just won the class c nys championship in football at the dome last week,and the girls soccer team won the state championship as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 29, 2012, 9:51 PM

Blah blah blah BEER!

I like this texanMark!

Welcome! I have always liked Syracuse and I am very glad

Nov 29, 2012, 11:11 PM

that you're coming into the conference. I have been to the falls and to upstate NY, but I look forward to going back. I also look forward to getting in the dome. Good luck in your bowl game! Take care and God bless!

Charles

I "almost" hope Clemson loses to Louisville, Pitt, and .....

Nov 30, 2012, 10:23 AM

Syracuse and then beats Carolina. That would shut up a lot of anti ACC Clemson fans and all Carolina fans in one big swoop. I realize we probably won't play all three in the 2014 or whenever it is.

Thanks - I am planning on visiting

Nov 30, 2012, 10:33 AM

I have been going to BC every other year since we started playing them and am planning to visit Syracuse too.

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic