Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Currently rewatching last year's Clemson/NC State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,291

Currently rewatching last year's Clemson/NC State

Apr 16, 2018, 1:51 PM

Game and have to say it would have never been a nail biter had we hit some wide open downfield passes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Currently rewatching last year's Clemson/NC State

Apr 16, 2018, 1:59 PM

Funny enough I watched it over about two weeks ago and it gave me anxiety seeing all the bad decisions and throws made at QB, if we have to go through that all year again I'm going to lose a few years off my life.

Apr 16, 2018, 2:01 PM

I rewatched the FSU game yesterday and thought the same thing.

QB issues were not the only ones during that game

Apr 16, 2018, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Currently rewatching last year's Clemson/NC State ]

Defense played like poop.

I see what you are hinting at. I'm a real fart smeller***

Apr 16, 2018, 2:16 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

the 2016 season took at least 3 years off of my life***

Apr 16, 2018, 2:17 PM

regained all 3 years at the conclusion tho

Re: the 2016 season took at least 3 years off of my life***

Apr 16, 2018, 3:06 PM

Yessir. I love those types of games but hate them at the same time. It does make it sweeter to win in the last 2 mins tho imo.

Apr 16, 2018, 2:20 PM

You’re right. If our defense hadn’t been dominant we would have been in trouble.

Apr 16, 2018, 2:28 PM

Yep luckily we held their O to 31 points. Our O put up a disappointing 31 with a PR TD to make it 38. It was a real defensive battle.

Apr 16, 2018, 2:34 PM

Yeah, that second half where the defense made the pack go punt, punt, punt, and punt certainly didn't help. We scored twice, one of which being the 89 yard run by Feaster.

Our last score was also the product of an interception which gave our offense the ball at the 27.

So yeah, I would say our defense did a pretty #### good job of helping to win that game (10 points in the second half, fwiw).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 2:36 PM

^^^ Exactly! Some have amnesia on this board.

Apr 16, 2018, 2:57 PM

So giving up 490 yards and 31 points is a good defensive game? Lmfao guys. Yes they played good in the second half and helped us win the game. Let's ask coach V what he thought about the first half.

Apr 16, 2018, 3:55 PM

Not sure what your point is here? Yeah, they had a bad half, with the first TD happening because Amir Trapp had to play due to injuries in the secondary (probably had something to do with Finley's success).

That said our defense turned them over twice, and as mentioned only gave up 10 points.

128 of those yards came on the final two drives for NC State, the final one ending in an interception. The truth is that NC State should have never gotten the ball back considering our offense had the ball with 1:51 left. That drive went KB run for 7, KB run for 0, and KB run for -1. That's some great offense right there.

The original point still stands though, and regardless of how many yards the defense gave up, when push came to shove they stepped up, as did the offense.

Apr 16, 2018, 4:28 PM

My point is that the op is saying that it would not have been close if we hit down field passes but you can list 100 reason why the game was so close. Our D stepped up when it needed to and so did our O. It was a great team W. I just don't understand why anybody tries to sneak in a dig on KB. Plenty of our games were close with DW as our qb and he made mistakes in those games that could have been avoided and maybe lead to a bigger margin of victory for us.

Apr 16, 2018, 4:41 PM

He's right though, but so are you. There are tons of reasons the game was close, on both sides of the ball.

I think the majority of the digs at KB are just due to the fact our passing game struggled a good deal last year, and thus the offense was effected.

Just for perspective, in '15 and '16 we had a total of 6 games scoring less than 30 points, and 1 game less than 20 points. Last year we had 4 games less than 30, 2 less than 20 (did not include Syracuse, for obvious reasons).

In my opinion the offensive production combined with how the season ended is why people are taking the jabs at KB.

Personally, I think we can win with him (per last year), but I'm not sure we can win it all with him, and I want to win it all again. No ill wishes towards him at all, and thankful for last year, but at the end of the day it's about winning.

Apr 16, 2018, 4:48 PM

I agree it is about winning and I hope the best man starts. We lost more than just DW tho we lost 3 of our top receivers, our center, and our RB. It all gets blamed on KB for not scoring tho. I thought TL looked amazing in the spring game and I won't be upset if he or Johnson start. KB was off and that may have hurt his chances but I believe he just had an off day and will improve over the off-season. May the best man win. I believe any of them can lead us all the way. I just like the experience KB has. TL and HJ do seem like they can handle the pressure at a&m but I don't know for sure if they can. I know KB can.

Apr 16, 2018, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Currently rewatching last year's Clemson/NC State ]

I completely agree. It is a team game. Hard to win if the O and D do not both play well. I would argue that the O played better than the D in that game tho. NC St had 490 yards. That was the D carrying us to victory like all the other games tho right?

Apr 16, 2018, 3:56 PM

Our offense had 415, with 89 coming on the big play that leaves us with 326 on every other play combined.

I mean passing we went 20-38 for like 191 yards. Sorry, but it wasn't a great offensive output either.

Apr 16, 2018, 5:02 PM

I don't think it was a great game on either side of the ball. Both sides showed a lot of grit though. The O scored when we needed it and the D got stops and TOs when we needed them.

Apr 16, 2018, 2:29 PM

So what about the games 2 years ago when we won the Natty?

Apr 16, 2018, 2:35 PM

Apples to oranges, we won the Natty that year. Nothing else matters.

Apr 16, 2018, 3:04 PM

Ha

Apr 16, 2018, 3:13 PM

It would have also not been as close had our D not given up a TD on 3 of the first 4 drives.

Apr 16, 2018, 4:55 PM

maybe we should give the win back

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Dave Doreen has already taken it

Apr 16, 2018, 5:04 PM

since we were cheating with the laptop and all.

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,291
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic