Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2019 Final 4 for CFP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

2019 Final 4 for CFP

Feb 1, 2019, 7:14 PM

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. UGA
4. Oklahoma

Clemson vs. UGA for Natty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Curious what you think Bama and UGA records will be...

Feb 1, 2019, 7:18 PM

...and who wins the SEC Champ game? I'm assuming you think they will play each other.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Curious what you think Bama and UGA records will be...

Feb 1, 2019, 7:30 PM

Bama 13-0
UGA 12-1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2019, 7:34 PM

That's basically what I see as well. One of those two teams will be undefeated and the other will have 1 loss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2019, 7:44 PM

So you think UGa will beat the Dirtpeckers in Athens this fall ?
Bold call . You do know that Jake Benchley will be back for another ride , right ?

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 1, 2019, 7:54 PM

They beat us 35-56. They may do the same to Georgia in Athens.

Feb 1, 2019, 9:31 PM

Rolling all over the floor laughing my A$$ off!!! ?? ?? ?? ?? I ?? iT ?? ?? ??!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2019, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Curious what you think Bama and UGA records will be... ]

Carlsbad® said:

They beat us 35-56. They may do the same to Georgia in Athens.

Somebody give Carlsbad another TU on this post for me, I'll give you one back!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2019, 9:42 PM

Cbd always comes through.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2019, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Curious what you think Bama and UGA records will be... ]

That was a classic! Plus 1 for him.

Feb 2, 2019, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Curious what you think Bama and UGA records will be... ]

Gold

UIGA losses 3 games next year.

Feb 1, 2019, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Curious what you think Bama and UGA records will be... ]

They play A&M, The Barn,ND and a resurging Florida.

Kirby peaked in 2017 with MR's players. Can't coach his players that he's acted like an idiot with. They fold/choke every big game away

Re: UIGA losses 3 games next year.

Feb 1, 2019, 9:59 PM

That is the M O for UGA isn't it!!!

Ed Zachery***

Feb 1, 2019, 11:32 PM [ in reply to UIGA losses 3 games next year. ]

Re: 2019 Final 4 for CFP

Feb 1, 2019, 7:20 PM

Clemson
Bama
Oklahoma
Northwestern

Clemson beats Bama in part V

Wow, Hunter-led Wildcats sneaking in as a...

Feb 1, 2019, 7:22 PM

...darkhorse candidate. That would be fun.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Wow, Hunter-led Wildcats sneaking in as a...

Feb 1, 2019, 8:02 PM

I have never pulled for any team other other than my team, in any sport. This season will be an exception, as I will follow Northwestern and Hunter Johnson. Kid is legit.

Feb 1, 2019, 8:07 PM

The kid is legit and in that offense they run, should be a perfect fit. Don’t know who they lose on D but if their D is pretty much intact from last year, watch out- they could run the b1g conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hunter may very well be a great QB, but I'm not so sure we've

Feb 1, 2019, 11:35 PM

seen enough to call him legit and heep accolades just yet.

Re: Hunter may very well be a great QB, but I'm not so sure we've

Feb 2, 2019, 8:34 AM

Yeah, well, ya know that’s just like, your opinion, man

Feb 1, 2019, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Wow, Hunter-led Wildcats sneaking in as a... ]

Or a trio of Clemson QBs in the last 4 .
Clemson
Mizzou
Northwestern
Georgia

DB23

Feb 2, 2019, 2:19 AM

Sorry , forgot about the Mizzou ban and ignored the fact that they're in the same div. as UGA .
Let's go
Clemson
Ohio State
Georgia
Texas

DB23

Feb 1, 2019, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: 2019 Final 4 for CFP ]

Trevor vs Hunter

The ESPN Committee . . .

Feb 1, 2019, 7:20 PM

will never pair two SEC siblings against one another in the Semifinals.

It will never happen!!!

Re: The ESPN Committee . . .

Feb 1, 2019, 7:25 PM

Bama
Clemson
Texas
Oh St

No 1 seed has won.

Feb 1, 2019, 7:34 PM

Can OSU be as strong w/a new HC?

Feb 1, 2019, 7:49 PM

Probably will be better. But tell me this, what’s a junk yard tiger? Is that a thuga fan that went to Clemson? Or just a thuga fan?

Feb 1, 2019, 7:54 PM

A Tiger is pretty dang mean, but a junk yard tiger, like a junk yard dog is a real bad azzz. CU Alum.

Feb 1, 2019, 8:03 PM

Point for Tiger alum but can’t stand anything about uga. Hate them with a passion. Texas woop them made my day.

Feb 2, 2019, 12:41 AM

I wish I could TU a hundred times.

I know I’m older than you, so I have hated UGA longer than you.

Feb 2, 2019, 3:55 AM

I dislike UGA just as much as I dislike the coots. No more or no less from one to the other!!!

Feb 2, 2019, 3:52 AM [ in reply to Re: The ESPN Committee . . . ]

They have a huge amount of talent, there are some here on T-Net that could take the talent they have and win!!!

Feb 1, 2019, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: The ESPN Committee . . . ]

Actually I think that’s about right. With an outside chance at Washington St sneaking in if tosu gets upset by northwestern.

Haven’t looked at any schedules but I could see coots possibly upsetting thuga. But imo UF wins east but with one loss. Tua will be on a mission next year and they’ll go undefeated in reg season.

Clemson/Texas in NC game.

And especially not a rematche of 3 weeks prior!!

Feb 1, 2019, 8:26 PM [ in reply to The ESPN Committee . . . ]

But I don't think both Bama and UGA will reach the CCG undefeated!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2019, 7:26 AM [ in reply to The ESPN Committee . . . ]

They will if they want one of them in the finals.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2019, 7:25 PM

That sounds about right. Maybe Ohio State might be in there over Oklahoma?

I would say these 7 teams have the strongest chance.

Clemson
Bama
Georgia
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Texas
Notre Dame

Your list sounds like all the contenders. Maybe a flier

Feb 1, 2019, 7:41 PM

from a Pac12 team. I think the final 4 will be Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, and Texas. Certainly least sure about OSU and Texas.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2019, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: 2019 Final 4 for CFP ]

I don't think that ND will be as strong, actually I think that a horse shoe went up their A$$ when they knocked Eric Dungey out the game so early in the game when they played Syracuse!!!

Feb 1, 2019, 7:41 PM

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Clemson 2nd String

Clemson-Clemson for Championship. (1st time in history same team plays for championship.)

Feb 1, 2019, 7:47 PM

I like the way you think!

Don't think OU can beat Texas twice next year

Feb 1, 2019, 8:22 PM

And no way the committee will ever put the winner AND loser of a conference championship in. It's patently unfair to the winner, who just proved they are the better team.

But if Georgia loses a close one to Florida and misses the

Feb 1, 2019, 8:24 PM

SECCG, they might could make it at 11-1 like Bama did last year.

They would have done it this year, if UGA didn't have the

Feb 1, 2019, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Don't think OU can beat Texas twice next year ]

loss to LSU!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't think OU can beat Texas twice next year

Feb 2, 2019, 4:00 AM [ in reply to Don't think OU can beat Texas twice next year ]

I believe that if Notre Dame hadn't of been undefeated, UGA and Bama would have been in the playoffs!!!

Feb 1, 2019, 9:25 PM

Does any body other than me wish that Bama and UGA would have gotten in the playoffs. If they had, we would have had to play one of them in the playoffs and the other in the Natty game. I seriously believe that our 2018 Clemson Tigers FB team could and would have beat both UGA and Bama if they both would have been put in the playoffs. We would have made all those SEC homers hate life and wish that had never happen bc they wouldn't have had no excuses to fall back on after little ole Clemson would have beat the best two teams the SEC has had for the last couple of years. That would have been the biggest embarrassment the SEC conference would have ever suffered from in SEC history of that conference. What kind of half A$$ excuses could they have come up with. I would have loved more than anything for that to have happened and hear what they would have said after being humiliated by Clemson beating the best two teams the SEC has ever had in the same year, and Clemson beating them both in two straight weeks!!!! Every time Clemson would have been brought up about anything, that would have come up in the conversation for the next 25 years or longer. And there would have never been any doubt that the 2018 Clemson FB team would be known as the best college FB team in the history of college FB, and that would have held up for ever most likely, and it would have always been used as a measuring stick for all college FB teams. I do wish the SEC homers would have gotten their wish of Bama and UGA in the playoffs this past season!!!! And I think they know how close the SEC came to getting a dagger slammed through their hearts bc of how bad we beat Bama!!!

I don't know if it really

Feb 1, 2019, 9:34 PM

Matters who the other three teams are, besides Clemson, next year. That said, don't discount the PAC 12 taking a slot...and my pick there is Oregon. They return serious talent, starting with a QB that's the closest to TL there is. I do like the Northwestern pick, too. It won't surprise if me either Bama or UGA miss out...likely UGA. Mentally, they're fragile as hades. Florida may derail the Dawgs...and I'll wet my shorts laughing!

So...Clemson...Texas...Bama...Oregon....

Another Natty...and the Oculus continues to wave its' magic. (You do realize the Oculus and the 4 straight CFP's are connected...right?)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know if it really

Feb 1, 2019, 9:53 PM

I have to agree with you on the Oregon pick. Earlier i put wash st as a sneak in pick and definitely think it’s between them and Oregon. Just haven’t looked at who either had coming back or schedules etc... but the kid at Oregon is a baller no doubt. They were real close this year and had a couple bone headed mistakes and Coach calls.

Feb 1, 2019, 10:04 PM [ in reply to I don't know if it really ]

And like Carlsbad has stated, they will have to watch out for the coots bc they can win and score less points!!!

Feb 1, 2019, 10:37 PM

I agree on the Oregon choice. Tigers will be the 1st #1 seed to win it and only team to go back to back 15 - 0.

Clemson
Bama
Oregon
Michigan/OSU winner

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2019, 11:18 PM

1.Clemson
2.Alabama
3.Oklahoma
4.Washington St

Feb 1, 2019, 11:25 PM

Haven't even played the first game yet, and already you have predicted the top 4 teams.WOW!
What were your factors in determining these 4?
Let me guess, you picked Clemson, Bama, and Oklahoma because they were 3 of the 4teams that played last year, and you picked UGA because Kirk thought they should have been there instead of Notre Dame.
Boy, that must have taken a lot of thinking on your part?

I may have been the only one who said UGA wouldnt make 2018

Feb 1, 2019, 11:31 PM

playoffs. I'm saying it again, UGA is going to find a way to Kirby themselves out of the playoffs again in 2019.

So you think Jalen Hurts is taking OK to the playoff?

Feb 2, 2019, 5:37 AM

I just don't see it happening.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you think Jalen Hurts is taking OK to the playoff?

Feb 2, 2019, 7:37 AM

Oregon has no chance with their schedule. All tougher games are away from Autzen

2019 Oregon Football Schedule
Aug. 31 - vs. Auburn
Sept. 7 - Nevada
Sept. 14 - Montana
Sept. 21 - at Stanford
Sept. 28 - OPEN
Oct. 5 - California
Oct. 11 - Colorado (Fri.)
Oct. 19 - at Washington
Oct. 26 - Washington State
Nov. 2 - at USC
Nov. 9 - OPEN
Nov. 16 - Arizona
Nov. 23 - at Arizona State
Nov. 30 - Oregon State

No chance?

Feb 2, 2019, 8:29 PM

Every team on Oregon's away schedule are losing serious pieces...and the Ducks return their's. Washington might be the land mine, once they navigate September and Stanford. Otherwise, I don't see it. And...please...don't try convincing anyone that Auburn is all 'big and bad'. They ain't!

I think the B1G gets a team in next year.

Feb 2, 2019, 9:23 AM

I think Bama and UGA will play in the SECCCG and I don't see a repeat happening in the playoff since that's why we have a playoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 SEC teams in Playoff won't happen again

Feb 2, 2019, 9:26 AM

for a long time, IMO.

The "mystique" of SEC is waning....even before this year. Clemson drubbing Bama only added to that.

The SEC hype machine will be out in full force again next yr

Feb 2, 2019, 2:32 PM

5-6 teams will start the season ranked in the top 25, and losing to each other will do nothing to hurt the "rep".

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic