Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Curious question about when coaches/staff leave
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,274

Curious question about when coaches/staff leave

Dec 10, 2019, 11:51 AM

What do they do with ALL that gear from the school they're leaving?? Always wondered that. Anybody know what size Jeff Scott is? Maybe I could get a deal....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Curious question about when coaches/staff leave

Dec 10, 2019, 12:10 PM

Depends on the coach. Nicole Auerbach wrote an article about that on the Athletic a month or so ago if you have an account (If not, it's some of the best sports reporting I've found and totally worth the subscription). https://theathletic.com/1396193/2019/11/21/coaching-carousel-clothes-team-gear/

Quick summary if you don't have an account, some coaches keep their more treasured clothes from previous jobs at a vacation home where they're less likely to be seen wearing them. Most get rid of or donate their old stuff when they move on, only keeping a select few favorite pieces.

I would expect Jeff Scott would keep more of his stuff than normal due to being an alum, and due to all the success we had here (they have a lot of champions gear).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will certainly be coming back some day

Dec 10, 2019, 12:16 PM

Even if it's just to be recognized for championship teams or what have you He would have to be pretty high on the list if something were to happen to dabo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 12:21 PM

Leaving on good terms and with a stellar resume’ plays into his wearing/displaying his Clemson colors anywhere and any time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I almost posted yesterday asking if he was gonna have a yard

Dec 10, 2019, 12:23 PM

LOL

Hopefully some kids that need it get some - I. am sure he will this of something nice.

Gotta think he has closets and closets full of Orange and White gear ......

null

Dec 10, 2019, 12:38 PM

As the brother of a head college coach (DIII - a lot but not the same amount of freebies) I can say in my case, I have a moderate amount of various college appeal from by bother's previous and current school.

At my office, I have hats/gear from Ferrum, NC Wesleyan, Minnesota, Richmond, Mason and of course Clemson (my personal hat). I don't have all the schools on display but I like keeping the odder schools as sometimes I have folks from the oddballs and they get real excited that I know a school from Rocky Mount.

I know my brother frames a few of the items but gives the others away mostly to family. But then again, I was a academic so I gave him some gear too. He has a lot of Orange, but some green and blue too.

Interesting note, I will wear the "color" of my current school but avoid wearing the "name" beyond basic ID related items. Fridays (and Mondays-Thursdays) are orange for me. Yes, I showed up in Orange when my employer played/hosted Clemson. I had a interesting conversation with the then SGA president about it and I told him to always wear YOUR school colors no matter what. Of course a college coach/higher admin might wear their paid colors, but not us lowly people - especially if you were on your own time.

From a coaches perspective.

Dec 10, 2019, 12:42 PM

As you know I am in the media, and I have had the opportunity to interview many coaches over the years. I’ve asked that very question, and the response has been unanimous. They “keep the things that mean something and donate the rest.”

One of my good friends, who is now an assistant coach at Washington state, told me very few coaches have an allegiance to any one school. No more than you or I would have an allegiance to our previous employer.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,274
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic