Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cry. Cry. Cry. But damm, if you lose 2 games you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Cry. Cry. Cry. But damm, if you lose 2 games you

Dec 12, 2018, 8:11 PM

should NOT be in a playoff for the national championship. Not those who lost twice! No do overs. 4 is enough if you are really interested in finding out who is the top team. Now how you arrive at the 4 best is the catch. But then again win, win, win. Only team undefeated left out right now is UCF - but I would put them in too instead of OU. Decide it on the field. Period! Go Tigers!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cry Cryd Cry.But damm, if you lose 2 games you- as said

Dec 12, 2018, 8:24 PM

by the master - Johnny Cash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHaVmFKnK7w

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cry. Cry. Cry. But damm, if you lose 2 games you

Dec 12, 2018, 8:45 PM

So in a year when all the top teams have two losses, just forget about having a playoff because no one really deserves it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 12, 2018, 8:52 PM

Parity in CFB is trending in the opposite direction. Power is being consolidated in like 6 schools so having a year where no P5 team has under 2 losses seems very unlikely.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Cry. Cry. Cry. But damm, if you lose 2 games you ]

Please find me a year in the modern era where that has happened.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2018, 2:10 AM

Is 2007 considered “modern”?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 13, 2018, 6:57 AM

Florida was a one loss team headed into that game. OSU was undefeated. So no, that’s not the answer I was looking for.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess when he said “all the top teams” he was being

Dec 13, 2018, 11:50 AM

figurative and not literal. It’s how people make points nowadays. They make outlandish statements and look to see if they will slide by.

Is UCF one of your 4 top teams?? Own it, bruh.***

Dec 13, 2018, 7:11 PM

Dec 13, 2018, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Cry. Cry. Cry. But damm, if you lose 2 games you ]

Oh come on. If the top four teams all have two losses, then they are still the "top four teams in the country". Is that so hard to understand?

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2018, 4:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Cry. Cry. Cry. But damm, if you lose 2 games you ]

Go back the last 50 years and find an instance where that has happened.

Dec 12, 2018, 8:50 PM

Not only did they lose twice, they basically got pistol whipped in the LSU game. Which is the same team that gave up 74 points to Tamu!

Dec 12, 2018, 9:17 PM

"They" lost by 20 to a team that couldn't find the endzone with Bama, played basketball with A&M, lucked into a 1 point win with a crappy Auburn team, and got worked by a Gators squad that's the equivalent of a junkie in methadone rehab. They also blew a 14 point lead in their conference championship, 7 or which was due to poor coaching.

Parity my foot.

Not playoff caliber by a longshot.

Well when the selection committee has no rules anything goes

Dec 12, 2018, 9:24 PM

??

Dec 13, 2018, 1:02 AM

I think the assumption the OP did not specify (but hoped everyone understood) is no 2-loss teams provided there are plenty of undefeated and 1-loss teams that have won their CC game to have at least 4 teams with better "body of work". Seriously guys? Is Football 101 no longer required at CLEMSON?

Just for clarity since it wasn’t stated

Dec 13, 2018, 1:58 AM

This post is referring to the BUTTHURT of the UGApe BUTTDOGS.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just for clarity since it wasn’t stated

Dec 13, 2018, 8:40 AM

Might want to consider using different descriptive words. Big Brother's thought and speech police may pay you a re-education visit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2018, 7:42 AM

I think UGA is one of the 4 best teams. They should be in there. We probably would have 2 losses if we were in the SEC. The best team in the NFL who wins the Super Bowl loses a couple games every year.

Dec 13, 2018, 8:52 AM

Super Bowl winners generally have multiple losses during the season due to the parity generated by the draft. Alabama would probably lose a couple of games a year if they didn't draft one through ten every year.

Dec 13, 2018, 8:36 AM

Just remember, ya can’t spell bulldogs without 2 L’s...

Dec 13, 2018, 8:59 AM

What surprised me was ESPN's vigorous defense of UGA being #4 team and getting in. They are a great team - talented, depth. But coaches......c'mon! I mean, what is the narrative before every Bama game vs a Nick Saban protege coach? Nick Saban NEVER loses to his former staff. Never. And that is the story line for every one of these games before they are played. And they are right. He still hasn't. UGA had Bama by the fuzzies in the NCG last year.....and blew it. They had them by the fuzzies in the SEC this year....and blew it. That and the 20pt loss to LSU cost them. Win either of those games and they're in and no complaints from the majority. But I would put in a Milton-led undefeated UCF team over any 2-loss team that didn't win their conference.

But it is all a moot point. The push is on now to make it a 8-team playoff. And soon!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2810445-college-footballs-influential-voices-ready-to-discuss-8-team-playoff-format

Should bama losses count? If you are ranked 3rd and lose

Dec 13, 2018, 7:13 PM

to bama close, shouldn't that make you second?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic