Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers get big visit from 5-star recruit and his brother this weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 4,107

Jan 21, 2010, 6:24 PM

The Clemson will get a visit from 5-star prospect Keenan Allen this weekend, a DB out of North Carolina who has committed to Alabama. Also coming along is his brother, who just happens to be a quarterback. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Korncoot is likely the reason

Jan 21, 2010, 7:13 PM

why Morant didnt come, and could be the reason why Allen doesnt.

UGA found out Morant was coming at the last minute because it was reported on the net, and then called him and likely threatened to take his offer if he went.

Now the same for Allen could happen. Lets hope not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I was a 5-star recruit and was told to not visit another

Jan 21, 2010, 7:28 PM

school or else, I'd say..."SEE YA"!

That is exactly what I said when the Morant story

Jan 21, 2010, 9:01 PM

Tell them to shove off....I have plenty of offers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Morant and Allen are two different situations

Jan 21, 2010, 10:12 PM

Morant didn't have the choice to go anywhere. UGA has 3-4 other DE committed already. If his offer gets pulled, he really doesn't have a ton of choices. He pretty much has to go to Clemson.

Allen on the other hand is the best safety in the country. He could also play WR. If he was dropped, every team in the nation would line up to take him. I don't think Bama can make that threat to pull his offer. He is too good.

Re: Morant and Allen are two different situations

Jan 21, 2010, 11:42 PM

Morant has 20 offers man...

he could and should do what he wants to do...

I hate it when kids committed to Clemson visit other places... Clemson just told a kid not to go and he didn't, but if it were me or even my son and he was a 4/5 star kid, I would tell him to visit anywhere he wanted. I would also tell him not to commit until he was completely sure, but even if he committed early if a coach told him his scholly would be pulled if he visited somewhere else, I'd say do it just for spite...

Morant has offers but a lot are not commitable at this time

Jan 22, 2010, 8:26 PM

A lot of those schools that offered have backed off or are full at his position. He does not have his choice of schools. He is really skinny and rated just on potential. He needs a redshirt and can contribute after 2-3 years of strength training.

Allen is possibly the #1 player in the country. Everyone would take him. Can be an impact player from day 1.

Completely different situations. And Morant does not have his choice of schools.

Re: Tigers get big visit from 5-star recruit and his brother

Jan 21, 2010, 7:17 PM

Why blame Korny, Crumpy is reporting the same thing

Crump isnt breaking the news

Jan 21, 2010, 7:20 PM

Korncoot broke it already, it wouldnt be out there from Crump/BMeist

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crump isnt breaking the news

Jan 21, 2010, 7:31 PM

Then they shouldn't act like they're breaking it.
"Tigernet has learned..." Why give the impression it's their story if they just listen to Korn on the radio and then report it, especially if it's considered damaging???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

What ever you gave Spiller Dabo, Give to Allen***

Jan 21, 2010, 8:54 PM

What?

Jan 23, 2010, 11:33 AM

Dabo "gave" Spiller the opportunity to join the Clemson family, be a star football player, earn a valuable degree, and be respected for his contributions athletically and academically.

Allen will be "given" the same opportunity by Dabo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

There is potential in this, we need another QB. If KP hits

Jan 21, 2010, 9:05 PM

.360 this year....bye bye...he is a first rounder with a major paycheck. Word on the street is he is already being projected first rounder. Be hard to say no to a 2mil paycheck.....maybe the brothers want to stay together and we will take them both

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoa there cowboy. I have heard nothing about Parker

Jan 21, 2010, 10:04 PM

being even remotely close to a 1st round pick. In fact, those that know the deal are saying that while Parker may have a great arm, and be an above average hitter, he is a below average fielder that makes way too many errors. He is seen as a DH at this point, and DH's do NOT get drafted in the first couple of rounds unless they are super special, and while KP is darn good, he is not super special. Most are predicting he will stay at Clemson. IF you have something in writing to support this first round nonsense, please provide a link.

And FYI, hitting .360 in college is very good, but pretty

Jan 21, 2010, 10:07 PM

common. The best college hitters are typically hitting .400+

If KP is not hitting near or over .400 it will support the analysis I wrote above, which is pretty much the consensus of everything I've read about Parker.

Fair enough. I would like for him to stay but hope he has

Jan 22, 2010, 12:00 PM

the opportunity to get rich.

I think long term he's a better FB player and the NFL has

Jan 22, 2010, 11:37 PM

changed some. With spread offenses so common and the success of Pennington & Brees, teams are more apt to give a shorter guy a chance IF he is a true passing QB, not a dual threat guy, which Parker is, a thrower. Height is overblown with QBs because most OL are 6'4" and up so few QBs can see over them anyway. It's all about passing lanes.

The problem is, the NFL is hung up on physical numbers, which is why you see guys that were average players move up in the draft if they do great at the combines, but guys that are true ballers move down if they don't have great numbers in the combines. Then these high draft picks become busts because they were physical freaks like some guys we've had that never end up doing anything on the field.

This is EXACTLY why the Raiders suck! They draft guys based on speed, height, weight, combine BS, versus guys that did it on the field for years in college!!

You can have a team full of freaks, give me a dozen bill bates and woody dantzlers and my team will kill your team.

Your sources lied. Too inconsistent, lots of K's. Could be a

Jan 21, 2010, 11:51 PM [ in reply to There is potential in this, we need another QB. If KP hits ]

very good player but he's got work to do. I'm not saying he doesn't have the talent, but he needs to improve on last year.

Re: Your sources lied. Too inconsistent, lots of K's. Could be a

Jan 22, 2010, 12:56 PM

I'm sure Dabo would love to give him a chance to improve!!! Go get him Dabo!!! Tiger nation would love to have him!!!

Re: Tigers get big visit from 5-star recruit and his brother this weekend

Jan 22, 2010, 6:38 AM

Quit worrying about KP! Tajh is going to make him sit anyway.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers get big visit from 5-star recruit and his brother this weekend

Jan 23, 2010, 2:23 PM

No way. KP is a Gamer. He's not sitting, ever.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 4,107
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic