Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crouch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 6,517

Crouch

Dec 20, 2018, 10:28 PM

Is saying he may announce tomorrow (Friday) as opposed to waiting til high school all star game. Volz say they are getting him. We shall see.

03TigerGrad heard that Michigan is making a late push and says it’s between them and Vols.

Message was edited by: baker5801®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Michigan insiders saying it’s down to them and Tenn

Dec 20, 2018, 10:32 PM

They think Clemson is out of the race fwiw

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Michigan insiders saying it’s down to them and Tenn

Dec 20, 2018, 10:34 PM

he is not going to michigan

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like Michigan’s football twitter posted a picture

Dec 20, 2018, 10:38 PM

of all their commitments in a graphic or something like that, and Crouch was in the list. I don’t know if that’s what they are basing their predictions on or what. The Michigan guys think he committed tonight...

Re: Looks like Michigan’s football twitter posted a picture

Dec 20, 2018, 10:45 PM

Sounds like another secondary violation Michigan will need to self report to the NCAA.

If he cares about winning championships, go to Clemson. If he likes losing to Ohio State, go to Michigan.

If he wants to experience a former power program that has been in the wilderness for 20 years and settles for the 10th choice in coaching searches, go to Tennessee.

Re: Crouch

Dec 20, 2018, 10:38 PM

Why in the world would he go to Michigan? Harbaugh is on the hot seat and I say he won't last two more yrs. at the most. And Tenn. has a long way to go to be vying for an SEC title.Let alone a natty.

But, good luck to him wherever he goes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meyer gone so the Michigan Board thinks Harbaugh can

Dec 20, 2018, 10:43 PM

beat Ohio St now.

Dec 20, 2018, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Crouch ]

A lot of it seems to be that he's impressionable and that there are people around him who have influence who may be looking out for themselves and not his best interests.

We'll see what winds up happening but there was always concern going back at least to the summer that this one could spin out like this. Crouch came to Clemson with his family. There were other people that went with him to Michigan and Tenn, and one guy in particular. It's unfortunate because the kid sounds like he's listening to the wrong people. It also sounds like Tenn did an effective job in negative recruiting against us by using Shaq Smith and his production/playing time relative to his recruiting rank coming out of high school.

Dec 20, 2018, 10:53 PM

We’re good on running backs and does he want to be a backer? If he wants to be a featured RB he probably won’t choose us. He’ll be 3 deep for at least two years if ETN sticks around.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’re not short on talent at any position where Crouch might

Dec 20, 2018, 11:00 PM

... excel. Not RB, not LB, not pass rushing DE.

This is not to say that he might not choose us or that we don’t want him.

We definitely want him!

It’s just that Crouch appears to be more of a “want” than a true “need” on our roster.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We’re not short on talent at any position where Crouch might

Dec 20, 2018, 11:27 PM

Got you on that one. Actually, wouldn’t hurt my feelings if we pick up a couple diamond DT ‘s and OL “projects “ as peeps say. Personally I don’t really like that reference but imo we can always use some good scout teamers that may not be a starter but good quality backups.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still think we need a true pass rushing DE***

Dec 21, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to We’re not short on talent at any position where Crouch might ]

Someone to back up XT ?

Dec 21, 2018, 9:13 PM

It wouldn’t hurt, but Crouch is in no way a proven commodity at DE.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 11:27 PM

Honestly I’m to the point that I don’t really care...yes he would be a nice get for the beloved recruiting rankings...but like others have said, he’s not a make or break type guy for this class. He has fallen from the number 1 recruit in the nation to a four star...yes I know he missed a season with hip surgery...and to be quite honest that scares the dickens out of me(***remember the great Bo Jackson**) Give me another Tyler Davis caliber DT or a Putnam type OL...and let him enjoy tennesux or meeeshigun

Getting Davis, Putnam and Boateng was absolutely crucial.

Dec 20, 2018, 11:34 PM

Crouch is mainly an accessory at this point, same thing with Ealy.

I’d honestly feel better if we saved a few scholarships for the next signing day to get guys that will fill a gap if guys leave early or transfer that we aren’t really expecting. Like Dabo said, we can go and get anyone in the country between now and February, see KVon Wallace, Isaiah simmons, Etienne, Mario Goodrich, etc.

We will be just fine with or without Crouch. I wish him the best on whatever he decides.

Re: Getting Davis, Putnam and Boateng was absolutely crucial.

Dec 21, 2018, 8:57 AM

Next year's class will be another bigger class anyway. Where it would help a little for the numbers to even out is in 2021 and 2022 when those 17 and 18 classes that were so small come back around.

Tennessee lock

Dec 21, 2018, 9:00 AM

Clemson elected to move on once his handlers got involved and started playing games

Re: Tennessee lock

Dec 21, 2018, 9:06 AM

his handlers. lmfao.

Dec 21, 2018, 9:49 AM

We backed off him from what I hear. Now of course Tenn and SCAR will say we are salty and we are just mad we didn't get him but I trust those that have contacts on the inside that say we backed off. The fact is all sources had us at like 100% chance to land him until this past weekend. Lets be real. He's not changing his mind to choose Tenn (a dumpster fire of a team right now) over us that late in the game unless something changed on our end.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 9:51 AM

Is there anything that Crouch has actually said that would lead anybody to these conclusions? Most of it probably started with some idiot on a Tennessee fan forum that actually thinks they can be in the playoff next year if Crouch comes. Yesterday Michigan was out so one of their guys started a rumor. Maybe he goes somewhere else, but personally I think that we are in the driver's seat and still are interested. If there is any info other than CB's changing because they heard rumors and they wanted to be the first to say they saw it coming then please post that.

Replies: 19
| visibility 6,517
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic