Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Criteria for making the big dance??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,069

Criteria for making the big dance??

Feb 17, 2020, 3:31 PM

Clearly is doesn't matter what your overall record is. Is it more important how you start the season or you finish the season or having "a few good wins". Sub.500 conference records teams are being considered over teams they are above .500 because way back in the beginning of the season they beat a good team but aren't doing Jack in conference play. If I beat a top 5 or 10 team in noncomference way back when but barely getting by on my own conference then they shouldn't be considered over a team that is playing better presently.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Criteria for making the big dance??

Feb 17, 2020, 3:44 PM

You need to check at least three of the following (four is preferred)
Easy, are you +2 wins over .500 in a power 5 +BE conference?
Are you 22 wins for the season?
Do you have that signature win(s)?
Is your OOC something that has a pulse?

If you only check two,
Are you a trendy mid-major? Then add a point?

If you only checked one and that is a OOC with a pulse, is you name "UNC" and if so, proceed directly to the dance.

I get that we have a few good wins, but we're still a long

Feb 17, 2020, 5:27 PM

ways out. I don't think people here realize just how bad the ACC is this year. We're below .500 in what is considered by RPI to be the 6th best conference. The Big East, Big 12, PAC-12, Big Ten, and SEC are all considered stronger than the ACC this year. The usual win/loss criteria for ACC teams is thrown out the window this year.

Even with our 2 great wins, our Net Ranking is still 80. Our RPI is still at 95.

I'd say we probably need to win 6 more games (including the ACC Tournament) to be on the bubble. Even then, I'm not sure it's enough because we only have one top-70 opponent left on the schedule...so one of those wins will probably also have to be against FSU.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,069
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic