Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Couple things...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Couple things...

Dec 1, 2013, 1:41 AM

USuCk did a great job of doing exactly what they did last year. They absolutely draaaaiiinnned the clock down buy taking only what our defense would give them. So, I have to credit USuCk for using a gameplan that does not bode well for our offense.

Now, if you ask me if USuCk is the better team? I think not. That penalty that was called on 4th and short was absolutely killer and it was completely the wrong call. Anyone, regardless of affiliation, will tell you the center CAN NOT make a non football move like that and draw us offsides. Wrong call by the ref that could have been a game changer. The turn overs were completely careless mistakes. I'm not sure exactly what happened on a few of those but regardless, you can't turn the ball over that many times and expect a win. Take those out of the equation, this could've been a different ball game.

Lastly, this was no one player's fault. There were a lot of guys making mistakes and several shining stars out there. I think Hot Rod did a tremendous job and would give him the biggest nod. He followed many of his blocks beautifully and picked up a great deal of yardage.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Couple things...

Dec 1, 2013, 1:41 AM

1) We lost
2) we'll lose next year, too.

Haha, what makes you so sure we'll lose next year???

Dec 1, 2013, 1:43 AM

You do know those magic eight balls don't actually work right?

will Dabo be our coach?***

Dec 1, 2013, 1:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 1:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Couple things... ]

It is always Clemson beat themselves well her is what Clowney says why you lost,Clowney-On Tajh Boyd's performance … Every year we talk about the same thing when we talk about them. We watch them play other teams, nobody is really putting a lot of pressure on him. We know that we can get to him, contain him and add pressure. Once we hit him a few times he starts getting the jitters a little bit and starts throwing crazy balls. That's what he did tonight. We got the interceptions off those, and it worked out in our favor.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sit back down on your milk churn or get back to the coop.***

Dec 1, 2013, 1:57 AM

null

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are exactly right...

Dec 1, 2013, 1:43 AM

SCar did nothing well except methodically drain the clock and take what we gave them. Unfortunately, we gave them 6 turnovers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you are exactly right...

Dec 1, 2013, 1:46 AM

Clowney-On Tajh Boyd's performance … Every year we talk about the same thing when we talk about them. We watch them play other teams, nobody is really putting a lot of pressure on him. We know that we can get to him, contain him and add pressure. Once we hit him a few times he starts getting the jitters a little bit and starts throwing crazy balls. That's what he did tonight. We got the interceptions off those, and it worked out in our favor.

I don't think it was because of the pressure...

Dec 1, 2013, 1:49 AM

certainly nothing Clowney did.

After the last Humphries fumble and we were down by 2 scores with 4 or 5 minutes left, Boyd was just trying to make something happen.

IMO, Boyd seemed relaxed all night until the end. In past games, you could tell he was rattled. I thought he was fine until the end of the game when the outcome was pretty much determined.

Agreed, putting the loss all on Boyd is crazy talk...

Dec 1, 2013, 1:51 AM

I know a lot coot fans would love to do that because they have some kind of sadistic agenda for Tajh for some reason, but no...it was not all his fault.

Re: I don't think it was because of the pressure...

Dec 1, 2013, 1:52 AM [ in reply to I don't think it was because of the pressure... ]

the look in his eyes on the sideline after he fumbled said a lot.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, I think at that point he was beginning to unravel***

Dec 1, 2013, 1:53 AM

USuC is by far a better team.***

Dec 1, 2013, 2:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

nope, better coached by far***

Dec 1, 2013, 2:32 AM

agree

Dec 1, 2013, 2:41 AM

The 4th down call was bs. Lost the mo and started making stupid mistakes. It happens, we needed to make plays not mistakes. Dabo needs to realize those of us for him are getting real tired if this junk. The best didn't win tonight and that's always on the coachs.

Dec 1, 2013, 2:58 AM

So the OP is saying if we just forget about the bad penalty and 6 turnovers, it's a win!

Can the Gamecocks also correct some of their mistakes? I mean, if we are making stuff up here. If we are in the trust tree...

Since we're making things up here....

Dec 1, 2013, 3:03 AM

Congrats on another SEC Championship!

You say 'bad penalty' but do you have any idea how big that

Dec 1, 2013, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Couple things... ]

could have been? Your players resort to desperation attempts at drawing us offsides in the hopes the refs don't see it. That's minor league. That part isn't made up.

Your offense DID NOT create hardly any errors...so yes, you can probably correct the few you made and it still could have been a different outcome.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic