Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cotton Bowl Tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Cotton Bowl Tickets

Dec 12, 2018, 8:09 PM

Down to 150 to get in.. was over 200 just a few days ago on secondary sites.
Time to buy? Or should I keep waiting?
Any thoughts appreciated!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cotton Bowl Tickets

Dec 12, 2018, 8:14 PM

I'm monitoring as well and will definitely buy 2 tickets. I'm going to wait. I would suggest you download the Stubhub app which will show you the total number of available tickets (on Stubhub). My suspicion is that the number will soon increase as ND and Clemson supporters get their tickets in hand and put them into the market. When that happens, you'll see another big drop like you did today.

Another thing to do is look on other sites, like Ticketmaster. This is especially important if you're looking for premium seats, as the prices can vary dramatically.

But, I'll say this, you have to make that decision to pull the trigger at some point. Whenever that time is, just make sure you're happy with your purchase at that price point. Don't beat yourself up if the prices drop lower or crow too loudly if they increase.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 8:19 PM

Great advice.

I timed Tampa perfectly, got them at $750 just before they skyrocketed.

So many factors come into play as you mentioned. It’s a stressful game to play.

Dec 14, 2018, 5:24 AM

Got one for Tampa for 635 ish and 9th rows where Renfrow won it! Friends who scalped and said I easily could of sold it for 1100 or more. They just went to a bar.

Dec 14, 2018, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Cotton Bowl Tickets ]

Nice post.

What do you think the trajectory of the ticket prices will be for the national championship game if it is Clemson and Alabama? My guess would be that ticket prices for that game would end up plummeting for several reasons:

1. Money/travel fatigue for both fanbases;
2. Distance to travel for both fanbases;
3. Bay area is crazy expensive;
4. Local fans don't give a rat's red tuccus about college football.

These are my guesses, but I am new at the StubHub market and screwed up royally for the ACC title game by buying way too early.

If it is Clemson and Oklahoma, does that change things and by how much?

Add in the fees and its $193

Dec 12, 2018, 8:18 PM

But still. It was over $200 (with fees) this morning.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 8:19 PM

Hard to say. I am going to sell two of mine if my son and I can't go and if it is close to game day before I need to sell them I'll be happy to get face value. Prior to then I probably wouldn't take face value. If they get cheap enough before then I may consider trading up for better seats. I don't buy tickets to resale, so I haven't followed when the get cheaper or higher.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 9:03 PM

Not sure where you see that.. it's $193 minimum get in on StubHub

Dec 12, 2018, 11:33 PM

How much is the buyer's fee on Stubhub?

Dec 12, 2018, 9:46 PM

Check out the site showticketbooth.com .... It seems to have some of the best prices.... Got two tickets on goal line in upper concourse (great view of JerryWorld TV) for 172 (plus fees = 235)....

Dec 12, 2018, 10:12 PM

I’ve heard horror stories about that site. Mainly selling seats that have already been sold.

Dec 12, 2018, 10:16 PM

I personally wouldn’t buy from that site. If the deal is too good to be true it’s probably a scam. This is just a broker’s personal website. They could be selling you speculative tickets (tickets they don’t even have in hand yet).

Dec 12, 2018, 10:41 PM

Personally never had a problem with a couple of Mavs and Cowboys tickets in past....I'll let you know when I have mine in hand.... Plus I always pay the 10-12$ to insure my purchase....

Thanks for keeping us "searchers" informed

Dec 12, 2018, 11:18 PM

NT Tiger. Some good advice on a short thread.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2018, 1:09 AM

Wait it out. They will keep dropping the closer it gets. People are paying ridiculous amounts right now, but there will still be tickets available all the way up to game time. Jerry's world is huge

Dec 13, 2018, 9:50 AM

On Stubhub, you will notice that only the Clemson corner of the stadium has the lower prices. The Notre Dame side tickets are considerably more. When those are gone I suspect the Clemson side will become more attractive.

Dec 13, 2018, 11:02 AM

I think you're right. I'm still waiting it out for tickets to drop some, but I think I underestimated ND fans. I think they are going to buy up the vast majority of them

Dec 13, 2018, 9:08 PM

I have mixed feelings. If I am able to go I want to upgrade my tickets (buy better ones) as cheaply as possible, however I don't want to hold onto my current tickets too long if the bottom drops out. It might be best to get what I can now and just take my chances buying better tickets closer to game day.

$140 cheapest on Stubhub now***

Dec 14, 2018, 5:58 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will be very cheap on game day.***

Dec 14, 2018, 9:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic