Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Corso needs to hang it up on Game day...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,883

Corso needs to hang it up on Game day...

Aug 31, 2019, 9:15 AM

Just too old...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Corso needs to hang it up on Game day...

Aug 31, 2019, 9:16 AM

I completely agree. A few years ago he said he was going to retire and they did a whole video for him on last show... then he just shows back up the next year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe age has something to do with it...

Aug 31, 2019, 9:47 AM

But he simply can’t make coherent sentences anymore. Herbstreit looks at him with patience like “spit it out, grandpa...we ain’t got all day.”

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can understand not enjoying him on gameday

Aug 31, 2019, 10:34 AM

But for me, I think he's almost a mascot for the show, and, again for me, there's something endearing about having him there.

And make no mistake Kirk isn't looking at him in any negative way, he's taking care of his elder and helps him through the show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do know the man had a major stroke a few years

Aug 31, 2019, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Maybe age has something to do with it... ]

ago, right? I agree they are propping him up at this point, but hey, they are the ones who have to work with him. If they are willing to cut him the necessary slack, we should do the same. Always your choice not to watch if it is unbearable for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2019, 9:51 AM

What he do ? I kinda like the old codger. Remember sonny, if you live long enough you may end up like or worse than him.

Aug 31, 2019, 10:03 AM

He’s an icon - hope he stays as long as they’ll have him. Just wouldn’t be the same without him. Here’s to many more years for Corso!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2019, 10:05 AM

It’s hard watching his mental factories deteriorate as he ages. He said Utah is going to beat us in the semifinals lol.

Aug 31, 2019, 10:39 AM

No even Corso himself took that seriously. That was either trolling or throwing the utes a bone - nothing more

110% disagree, I love him in the show.

Aug 31, 2019, 10:09 AM

Utah is a good football team too. IF we make it that far, we would be wise not to underestimate them. They are very physical, well coached.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Aug 31, 2019, 10:19 AM

They should just bring him out to do the picks and have him put on the mascot head. That’s the best part of the show.

Have you ever considered that GameDay

Aug 31, 2019, 10:26 AM

might be keeping Corso going? I'd wager that he looks forward to it year-round. I don't really care about his picks, but would like to see him stay as long as possible.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Aug 31, 2019, 10:29 AM

As long as he wants to participate I say let him. Game day is keeping him going.

Aug 31, 2019, 10:36 AM

It's only a matter of time before on live TV he picks Bama and sticks his head up the elephant's rear end rather than the mascot head.

it’s probably one of the few things that keeps him going

Aug 31, 2019, 10:53 AM

and you know that he looks forward to it. I say let him stay as long as he’s willing.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,883
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic