Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cornell. DK. Galloway.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Cornell. DK. Galloway.

Oct 2, 2019, 6:56 AM

The offense really needs Cornell to step up. It’s time to make it happen. It’s his 4th year in the program.

DK moving to CB hurts the offense, but he’s going to be a great CB one day.

Galloway’s suspension really hurts. He would have been that viable pass catching TE that we have been lacking for 3 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cornell. DK. Galloway.

Oct 2, 2019, 7:19 AM

Powell and Overton have been disappointments imo.

Powell is a bust

Oct 2, 2019, 7:48 AM

Overton has looked good at times but it’s now or never for him. If the OCs don’t trust him to take up some of the need for slot receivers, that says a lot about his potential going forward.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Cornell. DK. Galloway. ]

Overton, Cornell, and Chase have been fairly disappointing. Cornell looks like a great athlete. I wish he could put it all together.

Oct 2, 2019, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Cornell. DK. Galloway. ]

Overton and Powell are not in the same situation in my opinion.

Powell has been trying to do the same thing for his whole career and can't seem to get the switch the flip. I hope he can make a few plays when needed as the season goes.

Overton moved away from his natural spots at WR to try to help the team in the slot. He is struggling there at times and sometimes he just isn't getting looks when he has gotten open.

I think Overton would be a really strong player behind Higgins and Ross, but with Ladson and Ngata outside he is staying in the slot to help the team.

I hope Overton can kick it into gear to make some big plays as the season goes as well.

Oct 2, 2019, 8:00 AM

Doesnt seem like there really was much room for DK on O, eapecially with Amari back. Galloway is the piece we are missing though. He would be a game changer.

Oct 2, 2019, 8:10 AM

I think DK would have been the second option after Amari even though it is irrelevant. Several people have an opportunity to step up. We'll just have to see who makes the most of it.

Oct 2, 2019, 8:52 AM

Field: Tee - Ross - Overton
Boundary: Ross - DK - Ngata
Slot: Amari - DK - Cornell

I think the depth would have looked like that. They would have been our best 4. Two fast, shifty WRs alongside two vertical threats. Instead, our 4th option is Overton, Ngata, or Ladson, who are just another version of Tee and Ross.

Oct 2, 2019, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Cornell. DK. Galloway. ]

I think DK gives you that faster, shiftier outside WR. Jet sweeps, slants, and screens would be great for him. Since Amari is in the slot, and Cornell hasn’t taken advantage of his opportunities, those plays just aren’t there. I mean, if Cornell doesn’t fall on that one play against UNC, he probably gets a first down. Instead, he trips and falls. The play was there. He just didn’t execute. I’ve been waiting for him to explode. We all thought he was going to be that guy when he signed.

Oct 2, 2019, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Cornell. DK. Galloway. ]

What I haven't seen anyone mention is the fact that Galloway will be back for the Playoffs, should be a huge shot in the arm for our offense!

Oct 2, 2019, 8:30 AM

DK needs to tackle better. running 10 yards with you arms around someones waist isnt tackling. hit them low and wrap up

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 8:41 AM

He’s still new to the position. His ceiling is really high. He’ll only get better with more PT.

You would probably be in favor of having TL target each

Oct 2, 2019, 8:39 AM

receiver the same amount of times per game?

Sounds plausible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: You would probably be in favor of having TL target each

Oct 2, 2019, 8:40 AM

Lmao!!! I needed that laugh this morning. Thanks, comrade!

Oct 2, 2019, 9:39 AM

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Is that how you'd run our offense? I surely hope not.

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 2, 2019, 10:41 AM

Well, Dabo does play a lot of players. Sounds like something I would do.

Oct 2, 2019, 11:34 AM

Wrong. Dabo constantly talks about players having to "earn" their way onto the field. Nothing is given. That runs entirely counter to the entitlement philosophy you apparently believe in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 2, 2019, 3:14 PM

I’m all for rewarding hard-work though. That was my entire premise. Working class people were being exploited. They worked very long hours in really harsh conditions for very little in wages. It was time for them to get more playing time because they had been working so hard.

So yeah, Dabo’s philosophy does sound a lot like me.

Oct 2, 2019, 10:13 AM

Powell is toast. DK defense. Time to put Amari Rodgers in the slot or try to it to work with Spector.

Oct 2, 2019, 11:28 AM

From what I read Spector is likely a red shirt from here on (except for Wofford game). Amari is back but maybe the slants and sweeps are more strain on the knee than they want to expose him to. Have the young DBs plus Goodrich made enough progress to consider bringing DK back to the offense, atleast part time? I think he might be the missing ingredient for the offense to get the intermediate passing game going again.

Oct 2, 2019, 10:27 AM

When Powell slipped on the 3rd down play that should have been an easy first down...did anyone else immediately think of him wearing a UNC jersey at the BB game last season?

I gotta admit, it was the first thing that crossed my mind.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic