Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots talking junk about XT's ride on FGF...LOL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 6,193

Coots talking junk about XT's ride on FGF...LOL

Dec 28, 2017, 7:27 PM

Talking about Clemson's tradition (spelled 'cheating"):
Xavier Thomas got a nice ride!

They forget that they had major infractions added to their "tradition" exactly eight days ago:
https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/miCaseView?id=100084

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots = Football Losers, Jealous, Bias, Prejudiced, Stupid & Liars!

Dec 28, 2017, 7:42 PM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You hit the coot on the head***

Dec 28, 2017, 7:57 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots talking junk about XT's ride on FGF...LOL

Dec 28, 2017, 7:45 PM

It's all they can do. 100+ years of mediocrity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2017, 7:53 PM

It's fun to watch South Carolina fans flip between their Clemson talking points.

One minute they're saying Clemson's a bunch of inbred redneck yokels who only know how to farm...

...the next minute they claim that Clemson has mastered an illuminati-level money laundering ring through a megachurch and bitcoin and uses it to illicitly filter millions of dollars to recruits.

Dec 28, 2017, 7:56 PM

We're the wealthiest university ever known to man, thats for sure.

We gotta be, in order to pay everyone we pay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I appreciated the supposed Tigers fan explaining the Camaro

Dec 28, 2017, 8:01 PM

was not a ZL1, but it annoyed me when he said we might have cheated to start our current run.

His statement: "First let me say I couldn't care less about what happened in 81. I was like 3 months old so it mean nothing to me. Now did we cheat at the start of this run to get it going? Maybe. But we are at the point now we dont have a reason to cheat."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I appreciated the supposed Tigers fan explaining the Camaro

Dec 28, 2017, 8:25 PM

It depends on what you consider "cheating", because it's something that every program does to some degree. There is no doubt that there has been money passed to players who play at Clemson via boosters...it happens at literally every major university, from elite programs like Clemson or Ohio State to lackluster programs like South Carolina or Kentucky. SB Nation had a great article about it (posted below) which explains that the majority of this is done without direct knowledge of the coaching staff, though they generally have some idea.

There are situations like Ole Miss, where the coaches are apparently well-aware and are both participants & dirtbags themselves, but that doesn't appear to be too common. Aside from South Carolina fans, I don't often hear opposing fanbases say the same thing about Clemson...but the South Carolina fanbase needs it to be true because if it's not, then it means that at the absolute peak of their respective programs, Clemson has the ability to be an elite, national championship winning program, while South Carolina has the ability to be a very good team that wins the Outback Bowl.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

Dec 28, 2017, 8:30 PM

Everyone is cheating. I just wish we were better at it :(

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Dec 28, 2017, 8:59 PM

Yea, but I don't think it makes all that big of a difference. Since everyone has boosters doing it, I don't think it's some monumental difference, and certainly isn't the reason for a program's success. The only time I think it makes that huge of a difference is in a situation like Ole Miss' when a program goes from no-name to big-time in a flash, and we've all seen that's only good for extremely short-term success.

Clemson benefited from playing in a very weak ACC from 2011-2013, where it was just the Tigers and Seminoles, and they capitalized on it by continuing to upgrade facilities and going on the warpath on the recruiting trail. Now the ACC has rebounded a bit and is getting a lot of national recognition...and Clemson has established itself as the flag bearer for the conference. I don't think South Carolina could necessarily become the flag bearer of the SEC because of schools like Bama, but you've been in arguably the worst division of major college football for 2-3 years now and haven't capitalized on it. Georgia came back this year, and it looks like Florida could start moving in the right direction soon. The door of opportunity is closing and if you don't make a serious stride next year, I'm not sure if you'll get an opportunity like this again.

Keep telling yourself...

Dec 28, 2017, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I appreciated the supposed Tigers fan explaining the Camaro ]

that better cheating is the reason Clemson football has surpasses $CU by leaps and bounds.

I got news for you princess, the reason the gap between Clemson football and $CU football is now measured in light years has absolutely nothing to do with better or more creative ways to cheat.

It's about a culture. It's about building and sustaining long term success the right way. It is something that $CU has never had and, in all likelihood, will never have, but by all means keep telling yourself it's more about who cheats better if that helps you sleep at night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 28, 2017, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I appreciated the supposed Tigers fan explaining the Camaro ]

Don't kid yourself, you guys pay as good or better than anyone. When the money isn't enough guys go where they can win and where there is prestige. Your team history just sucks and on an equal playing field you can't match up with the FSU, Clemson, Alabamas of the world. I have a friend that played for Lou at SCar and I can tell you what some guys were paid and what some big time prospects that didn't sign were offered by the Holtz's directly. Skip was the money man. One player that didn't sign went to Clemson instead. Did he take money to go to Clemson? I have no idea. Just accept your mediocrity and move on.

Dec 28, 2017, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I appreciated the supposed Tigers fan explaining the Camaro ]

> Everyone is cheating. I just wish we were better at
> it :(

Sounds like your bagman pulled a Chris Culliver and dropped the ball

Dec 29, 2017, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: I appreciated the supposed Tigers fan explaining the Camaro ]

I don't doubt that there's shadiness everywhere... But if Clemson was laundering millions of dollars to recruits don't you think we'd be landing players better than some of the 3 stars we got? Why not just dish out all the cash and sign the entire top 20 and call it a day? If we are cheating than everyone must be cheating somehow, and if Clemson is the only team cheating we really freakin' suck at it if we can just buy whoever we want.

It seems like everyone is "in the know" or they just "know" about this shadiness and yet cannot provide any evidence or won't just send this information to the NCAA. I feel like this whole thing was perpetuated by 2-3 people on a messageboard and the another dozen or two crazies decided to run with it as well. And those 2 dozen idiots yell louder than everyone else.

There is no way the defending national champions and a team that's won 50 games in 4 years should be signing 5-star talent! Especially not 5-star talent from South Carolina like Xavier Thomas! Everyone needs to increase their holiday offering to Newspring next year or we won't keep going back to the playoff. An early signing period is no excuse not to shell out the tens of millions in bitcoin.

Dec 29, 2017, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I appreciated the supposed Tigers fan explaining the Camaro ]

Yeah, I think pretty much every school has boosters doing the $100 handshakes or whatever. I highly doubt there are many cases of cars being bought, or tens of thousands of dollars being given out to someone in lump amounts. There's no way anyone would get away with that with multiple players these days with all the social media, and cameras everywhere. I think even most of the Ole Miss stuff was paying rent and utilities for some family members, and not a case of "here take this $100,000 payment."

Dec 28, 2017, 8:04 PM

They seems to have forgotten their involvement in the largest performance enhancement drug scandal in NCAA history where several of their players wound up shortening their lives because of the effects of the massive doses. The one that comes to mind is Steve Courson who played for the Pittsburgh Steelers .... tragic for sure.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the steroid scandal killed Joe Morrison, for sure...

Dec 29, 2017, 8:58 AM

He couldn't handle the stress of it and had a heart attack...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_South_Carolina_steroid_scandal

Re: And the steroid scandal killed Joe Morrison, for sure...

Dec 29, 2017, 10:00 AM

I think the effect of all of the steroids on his liver and other vital organs, maybe his heart too, were the cause of his medical problems. It is tragic, regardless.

Someone ought to post the Wikipedia link on FGF every time one of their neanderthals post a link or mentions our 1981 probation. Our problems paled in comparison to what was done at Scar. I also do not recall that four of our coaches were indicted, like at Scar. I would post, but have proudly been banned for many years!

Not a bad thought, but it's a guaranteed instant Banhammer!***

Dec 29, 2017, 11:07 AM

For them,

Dec 28, 2017, 8:04 PM

accusing Clemson of cheating is much better than facing the truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2017, 8:10 PM

With all these facts these idiots have why don’t Some or all of them contact the NCAA.

They are getting desperate.

Dec 28, 2017, 8:11 PM

It's not like the current success happened overnight. Dabo's been building the program for a decade, unlike some other new coaches who land in the top five in a year or two.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

exactly, look at recruiting rankings over the last decade

Dec 28, 2017, 11:43 PM

Looks like a gradual progression

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have to convince themselves CLEMSON is cheating

Dec 28, 2017, 8:11 PM

Because the truth would destroy all their hopes and dreams. Deep down they know the truth, but saying it aloud is more reality than their feeble minds can handle..... ??

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Dec 28, 2017, 8:28 PM

It must REALLY REALLY suck to be them.

Dec 28, 2017, 9:07 PM

Their boosters are ramping up their cheating attempts pretty hard right now too. Our continued ascension along with the mutts being better has them really desperate.

Who just got off of probation for handing out illicit benefits a couple of years ago?

Dec 28, 2017, 9:15 PM

Don't forget, though they try to play it off,

Dec 29, 2017, 9:24 AM

the infractions that they were cited for Dec 20,2017 are listed as a MAJOR Infraction .The were also issued a FBI subpoena in relation to the basketball scandal.

Re: Who just got off of probation for handing out illicit benefits a couple of years ago?

Dec 29, 2017, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Who just got off of probation for handing out illicit benefits a couple of years ago? ]

Ahem... And again this month:
https://www.seccountry.com/south-carolina/ncaa-south-carolina-recruiting-violations-penalties

Winners focus on winning, coots focus on winners.***

Dec 29, 2017, 10:48 AM

Dec 29, 2017, 12:04 PM

So they're saying a black family can't buy a car without someone buying it for them?

Dec 29, 2017, 2:02 PM

Yes. A guy named Little Dino kept calling them out on it for demeaning the kids and their families.

Replies: 31
| visibility 6,193
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic