Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots rackin up them 3-stars
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Coots rackin up them 3-stars

Jul 4, 2017, 5:14 PM

Question is, will they coach them up to 4-star production or coach them down to 2-stars. Hmmmmmm.....

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots rackin up them 3-stars

Jul 4, 2017, 5:18 PM

Haven't you heard? Muschump doesn't believe in stars. Guess that's why they have so few.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2017, 5:18 PM

Haven't you heard? Muschump doesn't believe in stars. Guess that's why they have so few.

Jul 4, 2017, 5:27 PM

#NeverAgain will they sign 4 or 5* players- coaches that say they "Don't believe in stars" is only because they can't sign star players

Jul 4, 2017, 5:32 PM

On paper they are recruiting to the level of Missouri, Kentucky, Mississippi State...and barely above Vandy, Wake Forest, or Duke. And those schools get some really smart kids who often end up exceeding their assessed "star" ranking through diligence, hard work, and of course, coachability and high IQ's.

Hard to separate from the pack that way, especially if you're not doing anything novel on either side of the ball schematically and they aren't. Muschamp's a pretty good DC, when he has talent, but there's nothing exotic or hard to prepare for about his defensive scheme, and Roper is a solid if by-the-book OC who isn't going to wow you with his wrinkles or approach to the game.

IMHO if you're going to win in college football - anywhere, but especially at South Carolina - you'd better bring an edge, something "extra", and in Spurrier's case it was that he was one of the most natural and intuitive playcallers in college football history. That manufactured a good 2 or even 3 TD's a game and often kept them in - and winning - games that on paper they had no business winning. You can argue Spurrier may have lost his touch at the very end and that's possibly true but up until then he was arguably maybe the guy any coach in the country wanted least on the opposing sideline.

There's just nothing Muschamp brings to the table that provides any kind of edge like that. And bereft of that edge Carolina is back where they usually are, struggling to separate from the bottom of the SEC East.

Reminds me of the old saying

Jul 4, 2017, 5:39 PM

"It ain't the X's and O's, it 's the Jimmy's and Joe's!"

Jul 4, 2017, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots rackin up them 3-stars ]

Yep

Muschamp got fired

Jul 4, 2017, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots rackin up them 3-stars ]

[playing basically the same schedule at Florida with 4&5 stars. What makes anyone think could do better at USuC with 3 stars ? No logic at all in that assumption.

He learnded from his mistakes sucking so bad at Florida

Jul 4, 2017, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots rackin up them 3-stars ]

or not we'll see

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2017, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots rackin up them 3-stars ]

Great post. Spot-on

Yep Giving the Visor credit - he was very good.***

Jul 5, 2017, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Coots rackin up them 3-stars ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2017, 5:37 PM

You can win with 3 & 4 star players, but you need to red shirt & develop them at a high level while also running a creative offense.

So far South Carolina hasn't done any of that, & they show no signs of adjusting the status quo.

UGA & Florida run similar offenses but have a lot better players, so they will more than likely be better than them.

UK has better players & runs a better scheme

UT has better players with a similar caliber coach.

Vandy has a better coach & similar players.

Clemson is a whole different level

IT will be interesting to see how South Carolina does this year. It doesn't look good for them imo.

Go Tigers!

???

at best they are 6-6 again

Jul 4, 2017, 7:26 PM

Losses:
Ark
Fla
UGA
Clemson
Texas A&M
NC State

Potential losses:
At UT
Home Vandy
Home Kentucky

Wins:
Wofford
La tech
Missouri

Re: at best they are 6-6 again

Jul 4, 2017, 9:19 PM

Usuck should beat Vandy. I actually see them losing at Missouri. A 5-7 outcome would not surprise me at all, but 6-6 might with some pure luck. Depth or lack thereof, is still a major issue.

Go Tigers!

Jul 4, 2017, 5:53 PM

Levon Kirkland was a 2 star. Every kid has a chance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2017, 7:29 PM

Amen to that. Grady Jarrett was too I think by Rivals...

Even though I know it's all in good fun and I can definitely appreciate that...it wasn't too long ago that we were in the same boat...so I hate to make fun like this. What I love more than anything is just to simply dominate on the field...do our talking there.

The Class Grady came in with looked nothing like

Jul 4, 2017, 7:50 PM

the Coots current wall to wall 3 star parade does.Parroting out 2 or 3 star here or there has nothing to do with what we were told were world class recruiting only able to get 3 stars at USuC.

http://clemson.247sports.com/Season/2011-Football/Commits

Slurrier's last class even puts to shame what they are doing now.

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Commits

Jul 4, 2017, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots rackin up them 3-stars ]

So was Hill, but this is at Clemson, not usuck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2017, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots rackin up them 3-stars ]

I love when people make this post...

Yes there are exceptions to the rule but that doesnt change the fact that for the most part 4 and 5 star players usually turn out better over the long run than 3 star players.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Jul 4, 2017, 5:54 PM

problem with stars is they are not bestowed on men who are young of body and strong of mind and heart. Hopefully our coaches look at a recruits family, both physically and mentally, to see what will likely be. Our coaches seem to be pretty good at evaluation.

Jul 5, 2017, 8:40 AM

Mustcamp likes to coach his players to block each other hard in practice .
Problem is , they carry that over into games .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic