Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Monday thoughts: What the heck did I just see?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: Monday thoughts: What the heck did I just see?

Oct 17, 2016, 7:45 AM

Monday thoughts: What the heck did I just see?

Clemson beat Louisville two weeks ago in thrilling and dramatic fashion, sealing the victory on a tackle by Marcus Edmond and I wrote a thoughts piece that followed the line of, “I can’t believe what I just saw.” Clemson beat North Carolina St. Saturday, another dramatic, last-second, heart-pounding win. And my Sunday thoughts are, “What the heck did I just see?”
Photo by Joshua S. Kelly / USATODAY
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Monday thoughts: What the heck did I just see?

Oct 17, 2016, 7:57 AM

I have not noticed any lack of effort from our players. Maybe their screws are twisted a little tight. If that's the case then the break may be the cure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be good if we played better. We need to fix things!***

Oct 17, 2016, 8:08 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 8:17 AM

Well duh

Oct 17, 2016, 8:44 AM

I agree! The biggest problem is the turnovers. The talent is there to blow out every team that we play. Just tweak the game plan to give the players a better chance at fulfilling their potential.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. ^^***

Oct 17, 2016, 9:30 AM

Obviously David Hood does not read Tigernet.

Oct 17, 2016, 8:52 AM

The problems were:
The OCs
Play calling (related to above)
The OL
Not playing Feaster when Gallman went down
Ray Ray can't catch a punt
We can't punt
Not running the jet sweep

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I agree with @davidhood. Protect the football and it's not even a sweat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Obviously David Hood does not read Tigernet.

Oct 17, 2016, 9:09 AM

OK, BUT, BUT, BUT we are NOT PROTECTING THE FOOTBALL and I sure do not see improvement there!! Do U??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"0" offensive turnovers @ Boston College between

Oct 17, 2016, 10:14 AM

Louisville and NC State.

so the answer is YES and then NO?***

Oct 17, 2016, 10:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just illustrates that it's not a "trend" ...***

Oct 17, 2016, 4:05 PM

Re: Obviously David Hood does not read Tigernet.

Oct 17, 2016, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Obviously David Hood does not read Tigernet. ]

That and score when inside the ten. Jumbo package?

Thank you for your analysis of the game.***

Oct 17, 2016, 9:05 AM

Game changed on non-called Gallman's spearing and "fumble"

Oct 17, 2016, 9:07 AM

Without that, Tigers romp! Shoulda been a penalty called and Clemson is deep into State's territory with all the momentum, even with Gallman out!

Oct 17, 2016, 9:08 AM

As long as we play Alabama in the championship game I don't care. I would rather play Michigan since we've already beaten OSU in the orange bowl. I want Alabama in the championship though. That's the best of the best right there. You might hate'em but you got to give'em credit. We beat them on the biggest stage and esecpn can't say a Dang thing. Go tigers.
P.s. was really dissapointed in some of the fans sat. Saw a lot people leaving during the last few minutes of the game cussing Dabo the coaches and the team out. If you were one of those fans good riddance and don't come back.

Oct 17, 2016, 9:33 AM

If you don't think that ESESPN will find a bad call against Bama that allowed Clemson to beat them. Then you really don't understand the depths they will go to make excuses for Bama in how they were wronged, that allowed Clemson to win!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Monday thoughts: What the heck did I just see? ]

Right! You never boo or cuss the Tigers...never. That said, it was a frustration filled game. So forgiveness & come back! We need everybody. Just no booing or cussn' our Tigers...EVER! They coach/play the game. They watch after action video. They know!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 9:09 AM

I totally agree that the blocking schemes are not matching up with the play calling. And if every team we have played since Album has schemed us by what we do and how we do it. What do we think is going to happen when we play FSU with as much and as good of talent as we have. I'm not going to point any fingers of who is at fault, mainly bc I'm not sure. I can say who is responsible of fixing it, that is up to Dabo. The HC that has gotten us this far, it's his job of finding out what part of the gog is coming apart and needs fixing or replacing. And that sometimes has to be done with every sports team heading towards greatness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GET THIS TO DABA ASAP

Oct 17, 2016, 10:05 AM

I'll bet he's never even considered not turning the ball over.

I hope the Coaches seriously consider your statement:

Oct 17, 2016, 10:10 AM

"State did what a lot of other teams are doing against the Tigers – they are loading the box or bringing up a safety, the objective being to take away the running game and Watson’s read-option running ability. Watson is making the right reads – he had unblocked defenders waiting for him all day Saturday - but the backs are finding trouble getting to the second level of the defense.

Is that on the backs or the offensive line? Well, it’s hard to take five players and block seven, but I do think Clemson could simplify things by going with more of an inside blocking scheme rather than an outside blocking scheme. Or, my preference, just man block. I was told postgame that the offensive linemen were begging for basic plays, but also asking for an inside zone scheme. The inside zone didn’t happen."

On the Dye fumble, DW walks into EZ***

Oct 17, 2016, 10:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^the NCSU player should not have been in the game

Oct 17, 2016, 11:13 AM

same one that speared WG's jaw

^the NCSU player should not have been in the game - right!

Oct 17, 2016, 6:22 PM

that spearing changed the whole game favorably for NCS. Tigers would have won handily without it or even if penalty was called and Tigers kept the ball in great field position!

Oct 17, 2016, 12:11 PM

hmm....I wondering if Fl State will stack the box?

The fact teams are daring us to throw the ball deep is very

Oct 17, 2016, 1:00 PM

telling. I know DW has been off on his deep throws and the receivers have played pretty poorly considering how talented they are, but some of this lies at the feet of the coaches. Stubbornness to keep running the ball when you cant block and the D is stacking the box isn't exactly "taking what the defense is giving" you; which they continuously pump as their play calling mantra.

Oct 17, 2016, 1:28 PM

You saw a team that could not adjust on offense. When you lose your running, back step up the tight end play. The whole world knows that Clemson is going to run on first down. What happened to the jet-sweep with McCloud? Where in the hell is Cain? The players are doing their jobs, while the offense coaching is sand-bagging their way through the schedule.

Coots have an offense?***

Oct 17, 2016, 9:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots have an offense?***

Oct 17, 2016, 10:07 PM

Troll

the TRUTH about luck....

Oct 17, 2016, 5:28 PM

people who are indeed "lucky" - i.e. get more breaks than the average -

don't believe in luck -

instead they believe that everything is attributable to them -

their ego tells them that -

"I wasn't lucky - I willed that kicker to miss the FG".

And those that are "not lucky" - i.e. don't get an average amount of breaks -

know that it is simply their bad lot in life to live a dual fate -

to lose more than they should,

and then to be told that it was simply their fault all along by the arrogant lucky ones.

"don't believe in luck"... smdh... we are mainlining the arrogance at Clemson now.

43-37

Oct 17, 2016, 9:20 PM

The numbers in the subject line is the final score of the 2015 Ole Miss @ Alabama game in Tuscaloosa. Alabama would commit 5 turnovers in this game and eventually lose by only 6 points. People everywhere were asking had Saban lost his ability to beat Ole Miss. People asked is Alabama's defense soft. And there were the very few that said maybe it's time for Saban to step down. We all laugh uncontrollably now thinking about that notion. I was pondering our game on Saturday this morning and for some reason I kept coming back to that Alabama game. Both Clemson and Bama were highly favored to win, both games were home games, and both of us committed numerous turnovers keeping teams who were far inferior to us in the game. But the difference is, we won and we have only 5 games remaining. Do I think just because Alabama figured it out last year and won the National Championship that Clemson will... No, but just when you think maybe your team is destine to disappoint they surprise you. When you go to bed tonight think about last years Alabama team and remember Clemson is still perfect. We haven't lost a thing and maybe these Tigers are destine for there amazing finish when everybody else has doubts... including you! Go Tigers, ALL IN, and BEST IS THE STANDARD!!!

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic