Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots had 2 effective plays...QB draw and QB scramble
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Coots had 2 effective plays...QB draw and QB scramble

Dec 2, 2013, 10:17 AM

thought I was watching a Kevin Steele defenese again. I really like Venables, but he never did figure out how to stop Shaw from running.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another play was throw it up and let your

Dec 2, 2013, 10:20 AM

WR make our CB and Safeties look bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, they did that well too***

Dec 2, 2013, 10:23 AM

null

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

except for the whole only giving up 300 yards thing...

Dec 2, 2013, 10:21 AM

Even their QB run plays weren't really that effective. They're not going to win running those plays if Clemson doesn't spot them 17 points.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shaw killed us on 3rd down scrambles***

Dec 2, 2013, 10:23 AM

South Carolina's offense didn't kill us***

Dec 2, 2013, 10:25 AM

Their offense wasn't great, but Shaw killed scrambling...

Dec 2, 2013, 10:33 AM

3rd and 1 at CLEM 48 Connor Shaw rush for 2 yards to the Clem 46 for a 1ST down.
2nd and Goal at CLEM 3 Connor Shaw rush for 3 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.
3rd and 9 at CLEM 38 Connor Shaw rush for 14 yards to the Clem 24 for a 1ST down.
3rd and 10 at SCAR 44 Connor Shaw rush for 14 yards to the Clem 42 for a 1ST down.
2nd and 8 at CLEM 43 Connor Shaw rush for 15 yards to the Clem 28 for a 1ST down.
3rd and 13 at SCAR 22 Connor Shaw rush for 12 yards to the SCaro 34. (went for it on 4th and got an offsides call)
3rd and 4 at CLEM 16 Connor Shaw rush for 10 yards to the Clem 6 for a 1ST down.

Re: South Carolina's offense didn't kill us***

Dec 2, 2013, 10:37 AM [ in reply to South Carolina's offense didn't kill us*** ]

We killed ourselves. Dabo, Chad, and Brent were NOT on the field. Our players were outperformed on some plays where they were in GREAT position. Six turnovers - that's player performance. Trying too hard, pressing, whatever Don't see that as faulty coaching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Venables appears to agree with me, see front page***

Dec 2, 2013, 10:39 AM [ in reply to South Carolina's offense didn't kill us*** ]

What's Venables going to do, blame the offense?

Dec 2, 2013, 11:18 AM

His guys played great and gave us a good chance to win. All a stand- up guy like Venables is going to do is say that what was in his control could've been better. But the truth is that Adam Humphries picked a bad day to have the worst game (hopefully) of his life, and Boyd couldn't quite pull off the comeback that was required because of Humphries' screw ups.

Dude...i didn't blame the defense for losing the game

Dec 2, 2013, 11:50 AM

I said their offense consisted of Shaw running and scrambling. He keep a lot of their drives, in which they scored, going. Do you not recall how QBs used to scramble at will with Steele's defense?

Re: Shaw killed us on 3rd down scrambles***

Dec 2, 2013, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Shaw killed us on 3rd down scrambles*** ]

The whole USC team killed the tiggers on 3rd down conversions!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots had 2 effective plays...QB draw and QB scramble

Dec 2, 2013, 10:35 AM

When the Offense/ST hands the ball over 6 times I dont think you can really point a finger at the defense.

Message was edited by: clemtiger117®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

not blaming the defense, just pointing out that their

Dec 2, 2013, 10:37 AM

offense didn't have many effective types of plays.

2 of the TOs were by special teams***

Dec 2, 2013, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Coots had 2 effective plays...QB draw and QB scramble ]

Re: 2 of the TOs were by special teams***

Dec 2, 2013, 10:40 AM

True and IMO those are even worse....

Those are even more deflating for a defense. Get the other team off the field only to turn around and go back out there.

null

Agree, defense does their job and have to go right back out***

Dec 2, 2013, 10:47 AM

Dec 2, 2013, 10:54 AM

Its over now. Let it be fellas nothing you can do about it now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2013, 11:25 AM

those draws were calculated. we did nothing but sell completely out to the stopping the run between the tackles. spurrier exploited this perfectly. our linebackers bunched the middle and our defensive ends rushed hard upfield, so they simply let the rush come and then too of on the draw. its not all they had, its what was working. its called coaching, we made NO adjustments for this. none. shaw made good throws and his receivers , good catches. overall, dabo was outcoached as usual in a big gasmes. but hey losing 5 in row is a-ok as long as we beat the hell out of the bottom feeders in the acc and pitiful ooc foes. you people are settling for bull s...

Dec 2, 2013, 11:26 AM

"We" GTFO you are fooling no one.

null

Dec 2, 2013, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Coots had 2 effective plays...QB draw and QB scramble ]

clemsonson

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 11:25 AM

those draws were calculated. we did nothing but sell completely out to the stopping the run between the tackles. spurrier exploited this perfectly. our linebackers bunched the middle and our defensive ends rushed hard upfield, so they simply let the rush come and then too of on the draw. its not all they had, its what was working. its called coaching, we made NO adjustments for this. none. shaw made good throws and his receivers , good catches. overall, dabo was outcoached as usual in a big gasmes. but hey losing 5 in row is a-ok as long as we beat the #### out of the bottom feeders in the acc and pitiful ooc foes. you people are settling for bull s...

I applaud this man! You tigs keep implying that you stuffed our rush...Yet we still had 140+ rushing! Loading the box to stop MD (great job BTW, it worked) only allowed Ole Spurdog to exploit the outside. Pick your poison and Shaw destroyed you

Dec 2, 2013, 11:28 AM

let me tell you something peewee, I am an alumni and donor and I have an opinion. its because of fans like you that we settle for anything less than conference and national championships. its YOU that ha the coot mindset pal.

Dec 2, 2013, 11:32 AM

You are FOS.

Also learn how to properly reply. I know Gamecocks arent a bright bunch but it is not that difficult.

Message was edited by: clemtiger117®

null

Who you calling peewee?***

Dec 2, 2013, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Coots had 2 effective plays...QB draw and QB scramble ]

Dec 2, 2013, 11:55 AM

You need to add completed passes, a GREAT Defense and a Butt whipping on the tiggers!

They were simply winning matchups on offense. I don't blame

Dec 2, 2013, 11:59 AM

Venables at all. He adjusted and shut down most of their offense. Look at the replay of the game if you can stand it. We tried several different schemes.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They knew Shaw was gonna run all game

Dec 2, 2013, 12:01 PM

nm

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic