Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coot delusion....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Coot delusion....

Aug 17, 2018, 9:46 PM

Just had a Coot neighbor tell me that Clemson will not reach the playoffs this season, and that they will beat us. He said Clemson does not have the strength of schedule that they do, and we will be exposed. He bet me $1000 that the Tigers would not make the playoffs. I live in Columbia, y’all wouldn’t believe these people.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coot delusion....

Aug 17, 2018, 9:54 PM

Next time you see him, show him the ESPN Power Index's 2018 Remaining SOS:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

Clemson 15
South Carolina 44

Won't matter one iota.

Aug 17, 2018, 10:07 PM

Their delusion's stronger than a truckload of facts.

Social Psychologist, Leon Festinger

Aug 17, 2018, 11:57 PM

A (Coot) with a conviction is hard to change.
Tell him you disagree and he turns away.
Show him facts or figures and he questions your sources.
Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: Social Psychologist, Leon Festinger

Aug 18, 2018, 12:50 PM

You MUST GET someone else to hold money, if not the bet is off. You will not get paid, I repeat you will not get paid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never hit a coot with facts, they don't understand***

Aug 17, 2018, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Coot delusion.... ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never hit a coot with facts, they don't understand***

Aug 19, 2018, 9:45 AM

You are sooooo right!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2018, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Coot delusion.... ]

A better indicator would be to compute the SOS without the head-to-head game included. They lower ours, while we strengthen theirs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2018, 9:54 PM

I would, i live in Lexington. I’d take the bet if I had the money. Ask them to bet you on the game in November.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2018, 10:40 PM

He even started on the five in a row they’ve won, and how when they were in the ACC, they won the conference because it’s so easy. I looked at him and laughed. Told him how many times we’ve beat them five in a row throughout our history, and they better worry about Kentucky too. His response: “ Well, Kentucky is a good team.” I laughed at him again. Started quoting more facts and he got mad and left. He’s straight outta Cayce-West Columbia.

Aug 17, 2018, 11:05 PM

The few good years they had with Spurrier sure did spoil those coots . That's basically all they got to hold on to . It almost brainwashed them into thinking they could be a football school.

Lmao

Aug 18, 2018, 12:39 AM

They always have 1969. Don’t forget that.
The year NO ONE else in the ACC was over 0.500.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 18, 2018, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Coot delusion.... ]

I’ve lived in the Midlands since 1981 and the regional media is obviously biased for the GC programs. Their fans were spoiled by limited periods of success, especially Spurrier’s five in a row. Muscrap has revived the program and Tanner has spent truckloads of money to compete.

They best enjoy their slight success because UK, UGa., UF and TAMU aren’t getting weaker, if anything they will continue their own rebuilding! Add in BAMA, Auburn, Arkansas and LSU to their upcoming schedules and the SEC “least” will actually have real competition!

No GC has any understanding of how competitive the ACC actually is presently. Having “upset” NCST and UNC lately the chickens think they own their former conference. I just remind them they finally got the first winning record against ACC teams under the OBC! If they look at their record individually against FSU and Clemson, the two traditional powers of the last twenty years, they don’t have much to crow about!

Just be patient Tiger fans. Usuck fans are about to experience reality in a big way come November. Dabo isn’t going to hold back after last year and bottle throwing GC fans.

Go Tigers ??!!

Aug 17, 2018, 10:07 PM

I live in Columbia. I believe you. I live with it too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2018, 10:31 PM

I live in Cootlumbia, and you guys are meeting up with the really ignorant coots. I promise I dress in Clemson clothing every time I leave my house, and coots say every time they notice that it looks like we are going to be really good again this season, and a few have said that it looks like we will be headed back to the NCG this year. But only compliments from the ones that say anything at all....

Easy Money

Aug 17, 2018, 10:10 PM

Clemson's win-streak vs. the chickens is going reach about 12 in a row before they have a chance to win a game.

If he's a typical South Carolina fan, you're looking good. :)

Re: Easy Money

Aug 17, 2018, 10:18 PM

As if a coot would pay up. They are pathetic chumps.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Easy Money

Aug 17, 2018, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Easy Money ]

if you want to ask him if he wants to up the anti I'm waiting just let me know

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By "typical South Carolina fan" you mean...

Aug 18, 2018, 12:45 AM [ in reply to Easy Money ]

ignorant, mouthy, and deluded.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: By "typical South Carolina fan" you mean...

Aug 18, 2018, 12:46 AM

And....?

Aug 18, 2018, 7:33 AM [ in reply to By "typical South Carolina fan" you mean... ]

I'm 75 I love messing with them. I'm in Sams orange Clem shirt. Man ask me do you wear that crap all the time. My comment does it bother you. If it does mission accomplished. Go Tigers. They r delusional

Aug 18, 2018, 10:22 AM

Do you use the Sam's at Harbison blvd???

Aug 18, 2018, 8:20 AM [ in reply to By "typical South Carolina fan" you mean... ]

Precisely.

You forgot ugly, lazy, and disrespectful***

Aug 18, 2018, 2:36 PM [ in reply to By "typical South Carolina fan" you mean... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't wait to see a

Aug 18, 2018, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Easy Money ]

Photobomb when the Tigers have beaten them 11 in a row.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2018, 11:25 PM

The only reason that USUC might have a tough SOS is that they have to play - CLEMSON! And we get stuck playing an unranked USUC.

You really live in the city of Columbia? What an awful place

Aug 18, 2018, 12:25 AM

To have to live. The reason the coot fans are so dilusional is the sports media in the Columbia market. Whether it’s sports talk radio, TV, newspaper, or websites they all spread the same unrealistic outlook. The gamecocks have no depth at QB, DL, OL, or safety and if they get injuries at any of those positions they’re in trouble, especially QB. Tell your neighbor all take the same bet and I’ll give home 2 to 1 odds.

Re: You really live in the city of Columbia? What an awful place

Aug 18, 2018, 12:42 AM

RIGHT!!! They have one QB on the roster who has thrown a pass in college football and none in line behind the high school senior that impress anyone. If he’d like to put that $1000 on the game in November, hit me up.

Aug 18, 2018, 12:44 AM

The Cleveland of college towns.

Aug 18, 2018, 12:43 PM

Actually I live out side of Cayce, West Columbia in the very small city of Gaston,SC... The population is less than 2000 with about 60% coots, and easily 40% Tigers. I say this only bc when ever I'm out around Gaston, I see as much Tiger gear as I do coot gear, but it is a different story leaving Gaston going into Columbia where Tiger fans are the minority. But still, I very seldom ever have any coots saying anything out of the way to me. If and when a coot ever comes at me in a way that I believe to be out of the way, I will put a straightener on it with the quickness. Most coots in and around any of these parts don't know very much about their own history and nothing about Clemson's history other than what they have heard from another coot that don't know crap has told them. The very best defense with these Columbia coots is to know something about both Clemson and coot history, and with that you can shut them up/down without any further conversation, and 99.99% of the time they will walk away mumbling something that they don't even understand. I have lived here 17-18 years, the worst that it's ever been as far as the coots are concerned, was when they won 5 straight, and they wasn't that bad until after they had won 3-4 straight. During that time I printed out 25 copies of our games won and loss history. If a conversation that I was having with a coot was about to get heated, I would hand them a copy of our FB history and walk away. I still have 21 of the 25 copies that I started out with in a folder in my car. I never start anything with them other than wearing my Clemson gear every where I go here. And I just don't have any difficult times with them hardly ever, especially since their streak is over and we're having ours.

well they only need 1 qb***

Aug 18, 2018, 7:07 AM [ in reply to Re: You really live in the city of Columbia? What an awful place ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2018, 4:49 AM

They’ll be lucky to score on us this year. You’ll never see that grand either.

what are the odds? 3/1, 10/1? I'll take that bet! Tell

Aug 18, 2018, 7:42 AM

him to give me a call.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2018, 7:49 AM

Can I have his email address? I'll throw down another thousand

Aug 18, 2018, 8:44 AM

Of all the bets that I have made over the years, bets with coots are hard to collect. My advise is to have someone keep the money in escrow up front or you may never get paid!

Aug 18, 2018, 8:46 AM

My heart goes out to you. I lived in that cesspool for 18 months. Went to my boss and told him I would take a transfer anywhere. It worked. One of my best decisions ever. Those people are looney tunes. At any rate, take the bet. It will be easy money! Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2018, 8:50 AM

I can see your neighbor understands it's pretty easy to get to you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Aug 18, 2018, 9:22 AM

Your fellow Coot likes to get to people by losing and paying 1k dollars? I wish somebody wanted to get to me like that.

Don't be confused ...

Aug 18, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Coot delusion.... ]

by our laughing uncontrollably at $CU's moronic fan base.

It's like a horrible car accident. You want to look away, but you just can't.

You clowns clearly aren't the brightest bulbs in the box but you sure are good for a laugh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Is this a synonym thread? Coot horrendous***

Aug 18, 2018, 10:11 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Aug 18, 2018, 10:25 AM

This the type of dude to never pay up. Wouldn’t even waste your time with this man is my advice.

Aug 18, 2018, 10:25 AM

Remind your coot neighbor they have never been relevant in football other than a couple of years when Shaw and Clowney were there and likely will never see the top ten again. Top high school athletes don’t want to play for a school with a chicken mascot.

Re: Can you give me his phone #? I want to take him up on

Aug 18, 2018, 1:30 PM

his bet. What a moran this coot is, LMAO.

TIA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Can you give me his phone #? I want to take him up on

Aug 18, 2018, 2:25 PM

Another thought is to tell your coot neighbor that Jake’s “Never Again” statement refers to their chances of finishing in the top 10 or making the college football playoffs in his lifetime.

Coots play Ole Miss, worst team in SEC this year.***

Aug 18, 2018, 3:31 PM

Aug 19, 2018, 6:19 AM

Yesterday Saturday I stopped by to get some fresh tomatoes at the produce stand. One of the cashiers was a coot fan. She was talking about how great the coots were and I told her I would concede that as it relates to women’s sports. Several people laughed and she then said “ We’ll I don’t watch football “ She did not say anything else.

Aug 19, 2018, 6:32 AM

LCTiger97 said:

Just had a Coot neighbor tell me that Clemson will not reach the playoffs this season, and that they will beat us. He said Clemson does not have the strength of schedule that they do, and we will be exposed. He bet me $1000 that the Tigers would not make the playoffs. I live in Columbia, y’all wouldn’t believe these people.

I have noticed that too in following their recruiting. It does seem to copy our mantra and culture. The problem is that you can pretend to be one thing, but the real you shows up at some point. As an example Meateads comments about Durkin. It is a compliment to what Dabo and staff are doing, reat assured Saban is still Saban, Smart is still Smart, Pruitt is still Pruitt, Muscrap is still Muscrap and as we have seen Meyer is still Meyer when the covers get pulled back.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

I Hope you Accept Foodstamps or Indentured Servitude

Aug 19, 2018, 10:28 AM

When he has to pay up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a prime example of how damaging inbreeding can be.

Aug 19, 2018, 10:34 AM

Sadly, that is all too common within their fan base.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic