»
Topic: FB Update: Swinney on ACC: "This league is incredibly strong"
Replies: 35   Last Post: May 14, 2015 11:52 AM by: cupton®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 35  

FB Update: Swinney on ACC: "This league is incredibly strong"


Posted: May 13, 2015 11:37 AM
 

 
Swinney on ACC: "This league is incredibly strong"

Read Update »



Re: FB Update: Swinney on ACC: "This league is incredibly strong"


Posted: May 13, 2015 11:53 AM
 

ACC ACC ACC
ACC speed


Re: FB Update: Swinney on ACC: "This league is incredibly strong"


Posted: May 13, 2015 11:59 AM
 

In the list of players taken they left out the #3 overall selection that went to Jacksonville.


Dante Fowler from Florida?***

[1]
Posted: May 13, 2015 12:02 PM
 



2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers


go gators!***

[1]
Posted: May 13, 2015 12:03 PM
 



2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg


go gators!******

[3]
Posted: May 13, 2015 12:45 PM
 





2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: go gators!******

[2]
Posted: May 13, 2015 12:47 PM
 

I'd still hit it - Hard!

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time


With all that NFL talent in the ACC, just shows how poor the

[2]
Posted: May 13, 2015 12:04 PM
 

coaching is overall in the league. Year in and year out, the ACC routinely comes in second place behind the SEC in # of NFL draft picks. Yet, the ACC is routinely thought of ### the weakest conference and backed up in the computers as such. That means the coaching must really suck in the conference.


Well Dabo, Jimbo, Cutcliff, and Johnson are all thought of

[2]
Posted: May 13, 2015 12:18 PM
 

as strong coaches. Who else?

How many "strong" coaches in our rival league the SEC?

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Petrino


Posted: May 13, 2015 5:40 PM
 

Bad human being.. pretty good football coach, though.

2019 white level member

Well, All Time Coot....

[12]
Posted: May 13, 2015 12:20 PM
 

The SEC was 3-6 vs the ACC last year. If our coaching sucks, what does that say about yours?

35-17

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

People can think what they want

[2]
Posted: May 13, 2015 12:25 PM
 

But National titles, playoff appearances, bowl wins and rivalry wins all speak to a strong conference

2019 white level member

How many national titles in the last 5-10 years?


Posted: May 13, 2015 1:29 PM
 

how many rivalry wins in the last 5-10 years? How many BCS bowl wins in the last 5-10 years? Not many.

The ACC is usually second in recruiting rankings and second in NFL talent drafted, yet it is 5th or 6th and even 7th a few years behind the WAC in the last 5-10 years. That says to me POOR COACHING overall in the league. It vastly underperfomrs where it should based on recruiting rankings and NFL draft picks.


Re: How many national titles in the last 5-10 years?


Posted: May 13, 2015 1:30 PM
 

good old alltimecoot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

But in the SEC, it's called "beating each other up"... There

[1]
Posted: May 13, 2015 1:48 PM
 

is a new storm rising.....

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: How many national titles in the last 5-10 years?


Posted: May 14, 2015 1:21 AM
 

The ACC is usually second in recruiting rankings and
> second in NFL talent drafted, yet it is 5th or 6th
> and even 7th a few years behind the WAC in the last
> 5-10 years. That says to me POOR COACHING overall in
> the league. It vastly underperfomrs where it should
> based on recruiting rankings and NFL draft picks.

Actually it says more about ESPN's ability to make PERCEPTION triumph over reality.

ACC contends regionally with the SEC (a huge monetary investment) for recruits. The more hype delivered to the SEC, the higher their preseason rankings which naturally propels their season long rankings (giving ESPN the right to - without too much skepticism - talk not stop about their strengths), improving perception along the way, which results in more elite recruits buying into it as the cycle continues to repeat itself while ESPN desperately continues to try and increase profitability for their investment.

Now what would happen if they started giving the ACC even half as much love as they give their biggest investment in CFB history?

The whole formula is flipped upside down and the ACC starts landing more than half the elite recruits after getting undeserved preseason rankings which led to undeserved attention throughout the season, and consequently the SEC becomes mediocre and embarrassed nationally and consistently.

This is why they want the public to PERCEIVE the B1G, Big 12, Pac12, SWAC and other less talented conferences as superior to ours (while quickly skimming over never to be mentioned again facts like BC beating USC, DUKE beating this #### off ATM,, GT murdering the Ole Miss Bama beaters, and UGA... Clemson smacking around OSU, LSU and OU the last few years (if u want reminders about such info go to athlon or sporting news).

B1G? For real? MSU #7 preseason? How? Have you seen their recruiting rankings the last 4 years? How about the rankings of those in their division. While you're at it, take a look at ASU and Arizona's rankings. Wow. ASU top 10 team all of 14 SOMEHOW was gifted a match up with an unranked Duke team that almost beat em.

Baylor and TCU? Must take a lot of transfers and jucos BC their avg rankings are both sub 30.

Perception my dude.

FSU would've won the sec easy ten years running.


For scar? none***


Posted: May 14, 2015 11:49 AM
 



2019 student level member

Re: With all that NFL talent in the ACC, just shows how poor the

[3]
Posted: May 13, 2015 12:29 PM
 

The "$EC" has Nick Saban....

Nothing else! Take your lame ### argument somewhere else Coot!

Spurrier is still living off success at UF, certainly done nothing nationally since being at YOUR school....so try again!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg

All you losers can do is name call...COOOOOOOOT..you cant


Posted: May 13, 2015 1:32 PM
 

even back up your argument with a single fact.

Here's a FACT. The ACC is continually second in overall recruiting rankings behind the SEC. Here's another FACT. The ACC is usually second in # of players drafted. Those are both excellent FACTS.

Yet, in just about every single conference ranking system over the last decade, the ACC is 5th, 6th, and sometimes even 7th, behind the WAC. So, tell me that is not poor coaching.

Debate those FACTS, you inbred, hillbilly piece of garbage.


Re: All you losers can do is name call...COOOOOOOOT..you cant


Posted: May 13, 2015 1:34 PM
 

Why you getting mad?


Coot***


Posted: May 13, 2015 1:34 PM
 




Re: Coot***


Posted: May 13, 2015 1:51 PM
 

I'm telling you it is better than hbo on this site MOST days! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!


Re: Coot***


Posted: May 14, 2015 11:52 AM
 

especially with your comedic dumba$$...now repeat after me, "The Atlantic Division had more draft picks than any division in college football."

2019 student level member

Re: All you losers can do is name call...COOOOOOOOT..you cant


Posted: May 14, 2015 9:58 AM
 

That's sooooo funny!!! "AllTimeCoot" is gonna blow a gasket because no-one is showing him any respect!! He actually thinks he deserves respect & is crying for attention.....like a 2 year old!! OTC - coming on a Clemson website and trying to bash our program or our conference is the absolute best form of flattery, so thank you! You continue to provide laughable entertainment much like a clown at the fair.....except, no-one pays you any respect or cares so you keep yelling, "hey, look at me over here....take me seriously"! Hilarious, little "AllTimeCoot"


Facts? When someone tries to provide you with some,


Posted: May 14, 2015 11:39 AM
 

you conveniently ignore them...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17227418


Not fooling anyone coot. Are you so ashamed of that lame ### school in cootlumbia that you have to hide behind a Tiger handle? That speaks volumes....grow a pair and claim your team coward...


Hers a fact coooot. usuck is second to Clemson***


Posted: May 14, 2015 11:50 AM
 



2019 student level member

Or perception vs. reality***


Posted: May 13, 2015 12:44 PM
 



2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

marlborocountycoot = tigerfanjack = alltimeClemson


Posted: May 13, 2015 12:51 PM
 

fno


The SEC has already been shown to be weaker than advertised


Posted: May 13, 2015 2:41 PM
 

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17228482


Facts don't back up the whole BCS era lie, when ESecPN rigged the system ,telling us that the SEC automatically got one spot while the other 100 teams had to fight it out for the 2nd.

In the VERY first year of the playoff, The SEC Myth was busted.

Let's not forget the propping up of the whole conference with the pumping of the 2 Mississippi teams. GT & TCU say HELLO


And lastly ,2 middle of the road BIG 12 teams(Mizzou/A&M) have no problem competing in the MIGHTY SEC.


That coaching kicked sec tail rivalry week da***


Posted: May 14, 2015 11:48 AM
 



2019 student level member

Re: FB Update: Swinney on ACC: "This league is incredibly strong"

[1]
Posted: May 13, 2015 12:43 PM
 

Unfortunately for those of us unlucky enough to be in ACC, perception is more important than reality. Thanks to all of the eSECpn biased talking heads the SEC will continue to be perceived as the best conference in CFB. Most of the media believes that the CFB Championshipi is the SEC's every year and if anyone else wins it, it's a "fluke." It makes for interesting artcles for a while but during the off season the mighty SEC is always 1) THE destination for the nations top recruits, 2) has the most players taken in the NFL draft, 3) the SEC always announces record financial disbursement to each of their members and 4) magically, as always, pre-season rankings are heavily skewed in favor of the SEC. Until those of us in one of the "lesser conferences" changes perception we will always be chasing these arrogant jerks of the SEC. My God, we even have the coots talking crap about us not being able to hang with "SEC money" and they are the consummate SEC "least" bottom feeder.....we need new leadership in this conference. A commissioner that has the best interest of all the members not just the Tabacco Road 4 and half-arse member Notre Dame. On 3....1...2...3...,FIRE SWOFFORD!!!! Okay, deep breath, rant over....sorry.


Unfortunately some of that falls on some of our other ACC

[1]
Posted: May 13, 2015 12:46 PM
 

members who do not have a passion for football and flounder with scheduling, drawing crowds, and drawing national interest. We are a league split between the football first vs the basketball first schools.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: Unfortunately some of that falls on some of our other ACC

[1]
Posted: May 13, 2015 12:49 PM
 

I completely agree Mr. Thomas. Not everybody invests in their football programs and it ends up hurting everybody in the league. Good point.


Re: FB Update: Swinney on ACC: "This league is incredibly strong"


Posted: May 13, 2015 2:04 PM
 

let's not forgot Virginia Tech beat NC Ohio State on the road by a shocking margin but they struggled in the Coastal


Re: FB Update: Swinney on ACC: "This league is incredibly strong"


Posted: May 13, 2015 10:06 PM
 

I hate to admit it,but he does have a point. It's not all coaching that's the problem, however. It's the lack of facilities and commitment that 2/3 of the league commit to. If you don't have the facilities or commitment, you won't have the coaches knocking on your door. Compare miami, syracuse and wake forest to USuCk, Kentucky and vandy and tell me what the missing ingredients are.


Jameis says "We skrong!"***


Posted: May 14, 2015 10:09 AM
 



2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Replies: 35  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: ACC Championship
FOR SALE: 8 tickets all side-by-side in section 232 for the ACC Championship. $150/ticket.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
3299 people have read this post