Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Conviction Tossed...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Conviction Tossed...

Apr 30, 2019, 8:37 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ex-penn-state-president-spaniers-child-endangerment-conviction-tossed-out

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Conviction Tossed...

Apr 30, 2019, 8:40 PM

This guys a piece of trash and should go to prison as well as penn st should have gotten the death penalty for 5 years.

If I was a recrui, I couldn’t even think about going to that pos school.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2019, 8:42 PM

the guy has his PHD in family counseling of all things. At least he's done in academia and the lawyers have probably drained him. All three of the guys charged should do time in my opinion

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2019, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Conviction Tossed... ]

On a tec? Maybe gets refiled.

May 1, 2019, 5:29 AM

It’s not really a technicality. How do you convict someone of a crime when the law that he broke didn’t exist until six years later?

Re: "Death Penalty" over PSU paedophilia scandal

May 1, 2019, 2:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Conviction Tossed... ]

Can anyone name a single NCAA rule or bylaw that was violated in the Sandusky affair? Awful & outrageous as it was, it didn't really fall under the NCAA's purview, as it had nothing to do with illegal inducements or benefits to players & had nothing to do with gaining an unfair competitive advantage. This is why the NCAA, facing a lawsuit, rescinded its sanctions against Penn State & its vacating of the school's wins between 2002 (when the most serious crimes & subsequent cover-up were alleged to have occurred) & 2011 (when the 1st indictments became public). It was just as if a judge we're to say to a criminal defendant, "well, I can't find any laws you broke but I'm going to sentence you to 5 years in prison anyway because you just look like an awful person". In effect the move was an attempted power-grab by the NCAA, which was trying to seize the moment of moral outrage to assert new, expanded authority.
Besides, the culpability of Spanier, Curley & Schultz was far from clear-cut. Everyone knew that JoePa basically ran Penn State, even if those 3 were nominally his superiors. Whatever they did, they did it on JoePa's orders. Spanier especially was made into a scapegoat well atter the fact. About the worst thing he did was to look the other way when he got wind of it. Indefensible for sure but questionable as to criminality in the absence of any mandatory-reporting statute. (This is why Spanier's conviction was tossed.)
The Penn State file was unlike anything seen before in college sports. It wasn't about "cheating" in the sense that most of us understand it. More like the sexual-abuse scandal in the Roman Catholic church, the actions were motivated by the imperative of institutional self-preservation, which took precedence over protecting those young boys. Morally indefensible though it was, it was not a violation of any NCAA rules.

Apr 30, 2019, 11:24 PM

Hey Joe Pa, Sandusky is fooling around with some kid

Joe: Whatever

Hey Joe Pa, Sandusky is fooling around with your grandson

Joe:I'm gonna murder that SOB

May 1, 2019, 9:15 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_4MqpWgqk

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/09/former-child-prostitute-claims-jerry-sandusky-was-part-pedophile-sex-ring/322896/

https://www.amazon.com/Franklin-Cover-up-Satanism-Murder-Nebraska/dp/0963215809

Just b/c this was brought up, I have a funny Penn St. Story

Apr 30, 2019, 11:49 PM

Five years ago, my friend had a party at his house, and a girl he knew was home on spring break from Penn St. I was chatting with her, and she told me she worked at the Penn St. campus daycare. I laughed for a good two minutes. I asked if they had t-shirts b/c I had to have one.

Did I miss something? How is that funny??***

May 1, 2019, 2:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 5:14 AM

The person that I feel got off without charges was Mike McQueary. He walks in on Sandusky and a boy in the shower, turns around leaves, goes home to call his dad for advice. Left the boy in the shower with the pervert. He should have gotten the kid out of there immediately and called the police.

May 1, 2019, 9:21 AM

Exactly. That stink will never wash off McQueary.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic