Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No Clowny, No Problem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

No Clowny, No Problem

May 19, 2014, 4:53 PM

They have PLENTY of talent to replace an ALL WORLD athlete. Losing their winningest QB ever, no problem. Losing their best WR on the current team. No problem. They have PLENTY of athletes to jump right in without ANY drop off.

What about Clemson? I mean they lost Watkins and Boyd so what are they going to do? They'll struggle...

SMH.

I sure hope I do NOT need to point out the obvious sarcasm in this post.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots lose to UGA, Mizzou, Clemson, and Tennessee at least.***

May 19, 2014, 4:58 PM

Re: Coots lose to UGA, Mizzou, Clemson, and Tennessee at least.***

May 19, 2014, 5:00 PM

Wait, what about A&M, they are an Esh She She team, don't they have an athlete to quickly replace Johnny foot mouth?

I was trying to be optimistic for them.

May 19, 2014, 5:02 PM

Sure, aTm will roll them up as well.

It was funny how that article says nothing about their....

May 19, 2014, 5:11 PM

offense. I really don't care about the hype their getting. They have had 3 straight 11 win seasons, any team that does that will get the benefit of the doubt that they will continue being good. At least, in that same article they list Clemson before SCU. The thing I find funny about SCU's hype is their losing a whole lot more than us, and replacing it with a lot of unknowns. Yes, we are replacing players too, but with some proven and really talented players. Yes SCU has improved their talent. But most of that talent is just the Dline. I just don't see why some so called pundits are making a big deal about our losses when we have semi proven to proven and really talented guys stepping in, and SCU does not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was funny how that article says nothing about their....

May 19, 2014, 5:48 PM

Why in the world do they think the same issues don't apply to every team, I don't know what makes them so grand.
We really do have some playmakers and guys that have at least been somewhat battle tested...and they've stepped up when necessary & their number's been called to perform.
I certainly believe they lost some very crucial guys that have made things happen for them, as many or more than us. Our recruiting has been stellar & just keeps getting better.
Try to explain to then with some real logic & common sense...you know an intelligent conversation or debate, & it's like talking to wall with a speaker that just keeps blaring the same horrid music at five times the decibel level that your talking!
Like trying to debate with a drunken goat that won't shut up.
I'm sick of those pots trying to say our kettle is black & they're not!
Just like this weekend, all they ever could say or talk about was "five" & "clowney" (& usually only those 2 words, mixed in with a bunch of slobbering & nonsense, while stumbling around & trying to stand up straight unsuccessfully).
They wouldn't address any other questions or issues I posed to them & simply reiterated that time & time again...
I can't wait until we curb-stomp them again, & all my predictions of their future failures come to reality!

Coots are going down!!!!!

Go Tigers!

Re: we can't be expected to understand coot-logic...

May 19, 2014, 5:57 PM

There is no logic to it at all :)

You're probably right when it comes down to recruiting

May 19, 2014, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: It was funny how that article says nothing about their.... ]

rankings, but if you look at college production you would have to learn toward Carolina over Clemson.

QB: Advantage Carolina - Dylan Thompson has a few career wins and 1800 yards passing compared to 700 career yards.
RB: Advantage Carolina - Mike Davis is by far the best back on either team. Clemson doesn't have anyone with established success.
OL: Advantage Carolina - Returns 4 of 5 starters on the offensive line while Clemson lost its best two OL.
WR: Advantage Carolina - Roland is the best WR on either team and Carolina returns more proven contributors. However, Clemson has a much better recruiting class based on recruiting rankings. So Clemson could end up better.
TE: Push

DE - Advantage Clemson- Beasley is the best returning DE on either team. Carolina isn't returning either starter.
DT - Advantage Clemson- Solid 3-4 players and Carolina lost its best DE
LB - Advantage Carolina - Clemson has the best overall LB (Anthony) but is replacing two starters while Carolina returns everyone and Skai Moore is the most talented LB on either team.
CB - Advantage Clemson- returns players while Carolina will be relying on true freshman. Not a good situation
S - Advantage Carolina - Brison Williams is the best overall safety and Chaz Elder is better than Robert Smith.

Based on production you can see why people would predict Carolina over Clemson next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: You're probably right when it comes down to recruiting

May 19, 2014, 8:44 PM

Think Clemson is better at TE and safety, but a reasonable analysis. Williams is no Kearse.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Kearse is a linebacker playing safety

May 19, 2014, 8:48 PM

he is great at the line of scrimmage and jumping underneath a pass, but we picked on him in the game in November. He just doesn't have the hips to be an elite safety.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OOPS!

May 19, 2014, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: You're probably right when it comes down to recruiting ]

I reread your post and think your LB analysis is wrong, too.

LB - Advantage Carolina - Clemson has the best overall LB (Anthony) but is replacing two starters while Carolina returns everyone and Skai Moore is the most talented LB on either team.

That makes no sense. Anthony is the best and most talented LB.

Our depth with Steward, Boulware, Jones, Goodson and O'Daniel trump you.

null

Skai Moore was a better freshman than Anthony was

May 19, 2014, 9:06 PM

but Anthony is better as a senior vs a sophomore.

Tony Steward has only played special teams. Same with Boulware, Kellen Jones has like 30 career snaps at Clemson? Goodson has 11 career tackles? O'Daniel has never played.

Kaiwan Lewis, TJ Holloman and Marcquis Roberts have much more productive careers. That's not even including Sharrod Golightly and Jordan Diggs who are our hybrid linebackers.

Re: Skai Moore was a better freshman than Anthony was

May 19, 2014, 10:01 PM

Lindley Sports has USUC LB Corp ranked 3rd in NATION. There not big but they are fast and can play great pass D

Re: Skai Moore was a better freshman than Anthony was***

May 19, 2014, 10:04 PM

WHAT is Lindley Sports?***

May 20, 2014, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Skai Moore was a better freshman than Anthony was ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2014, 8:55 PM [ in reply to You're probably right when it comes down to recruiting ]

I agree with your assessment aside from Shaq Roland, I think Peake and maybe even Williams are better than him.

May 19, 2014, 9:24 PM [ in reply to You're probably right when it comes down to recruiting ]

You seem like you gave a fairly honest try here which I appreciate. But I'm not sure the logic is consistent.

Your WRs are the best because you have the best one but our LBs aren't the best even though Anthony is clearly the best backer on either team? You also seem to waiver between potential/production as more important.

So from my perspective here is what I would change.

As of right now QB is a push. Thompson looked like hot garbage against Mizzou and IIRC he let Vandy back in the game this yer.

WR is at best a push right now. Williams, Peake and Humphries bring in experience day 1 and the talent pool as you recognized is likely better.

I would give TE to Carolina. You don't use them as much as you should but that doesn't mean they aren't better. Leggett could make it close but that is TBD.

LB is clearly in Clemson's favor. Cleaning up tackles down field doesn't a good LB make. So I would really hesitate to call Moore the most talented LB on either team.

Peak is coming off knee surgery

May 19, 2014, 10:31 PM

and has 327 yards in his career. You lost 2300 yards worth of production at the position. At worst it's a push for USC.

As for QB, what has Cole done to deserve a push?

No, I acknowledged that Stephone Anthony is the best LB for either team. I just pointed out that Skai has the most potential. I didn't try to argue that made USC better in the position. The fact our other guys are better than your other guys is what overrode Anthony being the best overall LB.

I do think we have the better TEs, however the production shows you may get more out of your TEs than we do.

Re: Peak is coming off knee surgery

May 19, 2014, 10:37 PM

Steward has battled knee injuries, but is finally healthy.

He was arguably the most talented player coming out of high school on either team.

null

May 19, 2014, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Peak is coming off knee surgery ]

its peake coot

May 19, 2014, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Peak is coming off knee surgery ]

Ok I'll do a little A=B B=C stuff before the numbers.

Martavis Bryant accumulated 828 yds and 7 TDs last year. Mike Williams was pushing him as a freshman so we will assume that he is the same ballpark as far as talent goes at least. That season is better than than any of your returning talent has had. Repeat that reasoning with Charone assuming his health is in order come August.

As far as I could tell SCAR has 2 receivers with over 100 career Receiving yards returning Clemson has 4.

Of those players SCAR is returning
89 receptions 1,549 yards and 13 TDs

Between Williams Humphries and Peake Clemson returns
154 receptions 1,536 9 TDs.

That looks like the definition of a push to me. Then you consider that Clemson has fed Nuk, Sammy and Martavis in these players careers at Clemson as well and it starts to look like calling WR a push is generous to SCAR.

QB is a push because I believe both teams do no really know what to expect from them. Both have had opportunities to look good. Thompson has also looked bad Mizzou, Vandy and maybe Tennessee. Cole hasn't had enough opportunity to say his efficiency will roll over. We will know more later so for now QB is a push because of the unknown.

May 19, 2014, 9:37 PM [ in reply to You're probably right when it comes down to recruiting ]

> OL: Advantage Carolina - Returns 4 of 5 starters on
> the offensive line while Clemson lost its best two

And while I'll give the advantage to SCAR on the OL. Battle and Norton are better than Shatley who I assume was your 2nd best CU lineman.

Of $CU's twelve games....

May 19, 2014, 5:40 PM

Seven of the games are total toss-ups that could go either way. Those games include Texas A&M, Georgia, Missouri, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida and Clemson.

While it is unlikely they lose all seven, they certainly won't win all of them either. A 3 - 4 or a 4 - 3 split is the most likely scenario IMO.

Only five of their games can realistically and objectively be categorized as likely wins (East Carolina, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Furman and South Alabama).

All the end of the day, $CU likely finishes the 2014 regular season with a record of 8 - 4 or 9 - 3.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Of $CU's twelve games....

May 19, 2014, 5:44 PM

I believe 7-5 is a real possibility. They don't have that cupcake schedule they have had for the past 2 seasons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know how good UT and Florida will be....

May 19, 2014, 5:59 PM

although I do think A&M will be pretty solid but that game is in Columbia.

The biggest difference is they have to play a couple of teams from the West that actually have a pulse rather than teams like Mississippi State and Arkansas.

They could easily be 1 - 2 after the first three games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know how good UT and Florida will be....

May 19, 2014, 8:52 PM

Unfortunately I think they will thump A&M, they will have no miracle man at the QB position this year and I can't see A&M scoring as many points and holding down SC's offense.

What offense? You mean the one they have run the past three

May 19, 2014, 8:59 PM

years where they constantly get into 3rd and 8, call the wrong play and the water bug bailed them out. Or, do you mean the offense that somehow, miraculously only threw one,ONE, interception the whole year? Or, do you mean the one that got more second chances than Stephen Garcia, by a defense who had a player that managed to make ONE huge play per game?

A&M has recruited a good bit better than $CU***

May 20, 2014, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't know how good UT and Florida will be.... ]

May 19, 2014, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Of $CU's twelve games.... ]

Cupcake schedule? we beat three top ten teams, what exactly is your idea of a tough schedule?

May 20, 2014, 12:17 AM

It is what it is but you still can't win a championship. You capitalized when UT and Flurda stunk. But ya still couldn't beat ThUGA. And ya BARELY skidded past Mizzu and needed extra time to do so. (And wasn't their QB out for that game?) You let Vandy back into the game and lost to a horrendous UT squad. You benefited from having to play a less-than-mediocre Miss St and Arkansas team as a cross division rival. What happens when you play the good teams from the West? Welp, you know.

The Tigs are getting better and so will UT and jawga. Your best days are in the past and Darth Visor is getting old. He's older than Danny actually. I digress but isn't it funny how your "elite" team doesn't have one sec title during the lulls of the sec east. I bet if you made it to an seccg you wouldn't get thumped 56-17. Because you're so elite, right.

Smh

May 20, 2014, 11:04 AM

Well we "skidded" past a top 5 team ON THE ROAD, whens the last time clemson beat a top 5 team on the road? and Vanderbilt has won 9 games the past 2 years and I'm willing to bet they could beat most of the acc besides fsu and yall. I dont see anyone claiming our program to be elite, but it is obvious that it is one of the top programs in the nation with a top 4 ranking last year and 3 consecutive 11 win seasons.

May 20, 2014, 11:16 AM

It is a good program right now, as are the Tigers. I'm not arguing that. I believe the OP was talking about the $EC bias in which y'all are still a top 10 preseason team and CU is projected around 15-20.

When we both lost key contributors yet we have athletes to step up as does the coots. Although this is preseason so it doesn't matter.

Clemson could win it's first 4 games and be a top 3 team again, or lose 2 of them and barely be ranked. The same could happen over in Cootlumbia.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In fairness, I will provide an assessment of Clemson as well

May 19, 2014, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Of $CU's twelve games.... ]

Of Clemson's twelve games, four would be considered toss-ups games that could go either way. Those games include Georgia, FSU, Louisville, and South Carolina.

While it is unlikely Clemson loses all four, they probably won't win all of them either. Let's go with an even 2 - 2 split although I think 3 - 1 is entirely possible.

The remaining eight games can realistically be categorized as likely wins as Clemson will be favroed if not a heavy favorite in all of them (SC State, UNC, NC State, BC, Syracuse, Wake, Georgia Tech and Georgia State).

All the end of the day, Clemson likely finishes the 2014 regular season with a record of 10 - 2.

Re: In fairness, I will provide m assessment of Clemson as well

May 19, 2014, 5:59 PM

That's an acceptable assessment I feel...
But I do hope & want more still!

We need another national title!!!!

Re: In fairness, I will provide an assessment of Clemson as well

May 19, 2014, 6:08 PM [ in reply to In fairness, I will provide an assessment of Clemson as well ]

Doubt the FSU game will be a toss up unless Jameis goes grocery "shopping" before your game. Then again, he would probably only be suspended for the first series!

UNC is a toss up as well

May 19, 2014, 8:52 PM [ in reply to In fairness, I will provide an assessment of Clemson as well ]

essentially it comes down to USC having two harder games than Clemson does on the schedule.

UNC, FSU, Georgia and Louisville would be toss ups for USC and all 7 carolina opponents would be toss ups for Clemson as well.

But in reality, I would probably put FSU and Auburn in the loss camp for each team.

While I disagree the UNC game is a toss-up as well.....

May 20, 2014, 7:28 AM

I do agree that the FSU and Auburn games are likely losses for each team.

Re: Of $CU's twelve games.... totally agree!

May 19, 2014, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Of $CU's twelve games.... ]

I guess the same argument could apply to us, but with somewhat biased view, I still think we have the better talent & some of our guys will really break out to show they're worthy.
They haven't been playing behind some of the best players in the country because they aren't good or talented...it's just terribly hard to find guys like the caliber of what we've been blessed with here at Clemson.

May 20, 2014, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Of $CU's twelve games.... ]

Texas a&m will not be very good along with Tenn and Fla,
I think Missouri takes a nose dive so you see the mighty SEC is just not that mighty.

If the coots can't win the east this year they should give up.

Re: No Clowny, No Problem

May 19, 2014, 6:11 PM

Lets see now....Thompson has already beat you in a national televised game in your stadium and you had Sammy, Tajh, and Nuk....Clowney had an off year that he was overrated with and we still won 11 games. Yea I agree....no Clowney, no problem....I see 11 wins and a 6th straight with what has already unfolded in this situation and you lost your best players that Thompson beat. Nice thread.....

Thompson beat worst D in CU history

May 19, 2014, 6:21 PM

Now he has to go against one of the best. Also, has Thompson faced the best DL in the country? No, he hasn't. I can't wait to see him attempt to scramble and have Vic Beasley knock his lights out.

Re: Thompson beat worst D in CU history

May 19, 2014, 6:32 PM

Sorry Monroe, but you will wake from your dream one day. Thompson has never faced a real defense like what he will in November, even by SEC terms. He also played a career game against our weak and badly coached defense that year. He has not played nearly that well since. Sorry, won't happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thompson beat worst D in CU history

May 19, 2014, 6:59 PM

Dream ???? No dude that really happened. You are the one dreaming for a win against Thompson. Thompson already has one. He is also 2 years removed and has spent the entire summer getting ready as the starter. He has more experience so I say he has the edge. You guys speak of doing with out starters and Thompson was the backup....we were missing our starting QB and RB....You have to prove you can win this year. You can't just say you will and it will happen. I have been hearing the same thing for the last 5 years...so we will see.

LOL. Magna ### Laude uSC grad?

May 19, 2014, 7:10 PM

Or just another deluded coot moron? My vote is the latter.

The 10 Most Delusional Fan Bases In College Sports

Daniel D Zillmer

Tenacious fandom is synonymous with college sports. But as everyone knows, delusional fandom is just as prevalent. Whether teams’ fans are living in the past or they see their school as the greatest program in the history of the sport — that type of thinking is widespread. Having delusional fans isn’t necessarily an indication of an underachieving program; there can be success and delusion.

For better or for worse, delusional fans aren’t going anywhere in college sports. Here are the ten most delusional groups of them all.
Spurrier has SC on the right track.

Spurrier has SC on the right track.

10. South Carolina Football Fans:

The Gamecocks’ fans see their beloved program as one of the best in the SEC. But in order to be the best, you do have to win some big bowl games, right? Sure the Gamecocks have won three consecutive postseason games, but not once in the entire 16-year era did they even play in a BCS contest. Furthermore, in the 22 years that SC has played in the SEC, they’ve finished with a losing record in-conference 12 times. It’s only been the last three seasons, which all featured 11 wins, that South Carolina has put up double-digit victories since moving conferences.

Many South Carolina fans consider the Gamecocks an elite program but it is far, far too premature to put them in that category. They have had some big personalities come through Columbia lately, including the No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft Jadeveon Clowney and their current coach Steve Spurrier. The attention that these personalities have received, much of it off the field, has helped build South Carolina fan’s delusion considerably.

http://collegespun.com/national/the-10-most-delusional-fan-bases-in-college-sports

Either you are 12 or you have a sub average IQ

May 19, 2014, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Thompson beat worst D in CU history ]

Either way, logic is surely not your forte.

I could've sworn this was explained to you before?

May 19, 2014, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: No Clowny, No Problem ]

The basis for Sack even starting Thompson in that game was because we were down 3 starters in an already extremely thin secondary. You averaged 3 yds a carry and didn't run the ball worth a squat, but you threw for over 300 yards against a thin and incredibly depleted secondary.

I think Thompson will be more like he was against Missouri last year. uSC was getting shut out until Shaw was forced to play, and you didn't score until the 4th quarter.

Re: I could've sworn this was explained to you before?

May 19, 2014, 7:01 PM

We had to have Shaw to save us against Missouri but we started Thompson because you were down 3 in the secondary. Shaw threw for 26 td's with 1 interception last year...and you don't think he started because Thompson was a passer....lol....you guys are really funny...that makes NO sense at all...not one speck.

Might want to get your seasons straight to start with...

May 19, 2014, 7:07 PM

Speaks volumes about your lack of knowledge. Thompson is clearly an all-american. His awesome numbers and tally of wins solidly back that up.

Carry on. You're doing a fine job. LOL.

May 19, 2014, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I could've sworn this was explained to you before? ]

Trust us, you amuse us a lot more than you think we amuse you.

The funniest part is that you don't realize how obvious it is that you still feel inadequate about your program. You sure do try SOOOOOO hard given that we're such a ridiculous bunch.

Must be sad to have an unprecedented winning streak going and still have to gloat to hide the reality that Columbia is still a dump and Spurrier will be gone soon. Of course, living in Monroe I'm sure you don't have other things to do than troll here.

May 19, 2014, 8:24 PM

Dude...it's 5 in a row against a team that says we are no good and they are great.....lol....I would think reality just doesn't work here. That's OK though. If 2 BCS bowls..one you won and the other you got blown out in and a win over LSU in the Chick Fil A bowl coupled with 5 double digit loses to us is acceptable, then so be it. I would rather take wins over traditional powers Michigan, Nebraska, and Wisconsin and 3, 11 win top 10 seasons and beating Clemson by double digits 5 years in a row. I like what we've done just fine.....

Congratulations on all the conference championships

May 19, 2014, 8:59 PM

Oh wait

Shhhhh, LSU and OSU apparently are not traditional powers.***

May 19, 2014, 9:04 PM

Re: Congratulations on all the conference championships

May 19, 2014, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Congratulations on all the conference championships ]

If that's all you got for a comeback....then that's all you got.

Re: Congratulations on all the conference championships

May 19, 2014, 9:18 PM

Well...you're the one who's here trying to convince us all of...something.

What does that tell you?

You would take a bowl win over Wisconsin

May 19, 2014, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I could've sworn this was explained to you before? ]

Over bowl win against LSU and a BCS bowl win over The OSU? I know Monroe is full of crack heads, but you need to lay the pipe down or stop sucking the tail pipe of your 1984 F-150.

May 19, 2014, 10:05 PM [ in reply to I could've sworn this was explained to you before? ]

not to mention that incredibly thin secondary dropped about 3 INTs

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I highly doubt he's the QB we face.

May 19, 2014, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: No Clowny, No Problem ]

He still sucks against everyone else he's started against.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

We gave up 493 yards passing the week before. 242 yards pass

May 19, 2014, 9:18 PM

ing to Fur Mahhhn. 369 yards passing to Boston College.ANd those games we had all of our DB's. The Carolina game, we were down 3 of them. Plus. Plus. You got TWO bogus pass interference calls that changed the game!!!!!!!

Re: We gave up 493 yards passing the week before. 242 yards pass

May 19, 2014, 9:51 PM

Sorry we was not with out 3 DB in that game. Meeks,Brewer,Blanks,Breeland all played. We got beat. Its the past get over it.

I love the Tiger Pulse on here

May 19, 2014, 10:11 PM

I do not come on here like I used to over the years so I do not know everyone. So, when someone like you that claims to be a Clemson fan, I can look at your pulse and see that when you say "we", you mean "you guys".

Wrong. Get a clue.

May 24, 2014, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: We gave up 493 yards passing the week before. 242 yards pass ]

3 DBs, who were all starters during points of the season, were not available for that game. We were already a poor pass defense before that game, hence Ball Sack prepared (for 2 weeks) to play Thompson. If you recall, which obviously you don't, Shaw was not their best passing option in 2012. He was far more of a running threat but was banged up coming into that game.

Seems you have a cock-like level of knowledge on Clemson sports. Do you love the ####?

Didn't he beat us?

May 19, 2014, 9:30 PM [ in reply to I highly doubt he's the QB we face. ]

I seem to remember that he did seeing as I was at that painful game.

Re: Didn't he beat us?

May 19, 2014, 9:59 PM

From what I recall. Thompson has played well in every game he has played in at USC. If you are referring to that Mizzu game as bad game. You can't blame him. USUC RB fumbled ball in redone twice. I helped coach Thompson as assistant at Boiling Springs. He is a great kid with great leadership and work ethic. If I'm correct in all of his starts at USC(3) he has thrown for 300 yards in all of them. He is the only USUC guy I follow and he performed when they have needed him to. He has always played when he came in at USUC like he had to score on first play our he was coming out. Now he is the guy and will be able to create drives. Give him respect. Now for US. Stoudt is going to be great. In NOV its going to be an awesome game. Glad its at home and hope we end streak.

Re: Didn't he beat us?

May 20, 2014, 7:58 AM

I'm calling BS Cory Boyd

Thompson sucks. He will not be the gamer Shaw was, and he

May 24, 2014, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Didn't he beat us? ]

lacks the improv skills to sustain drives like Shaw did.

Referencing one game against a depleted secondary is absurd.

Thompson's thrown for just over 50% in 3 seasons, while Stoudt has hit over 70% of his passes in 3 seasons. Just FYI.

Re: No Clowny, No Problem

May 20, 2014, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: No Clowny, No Problem ]

So your season consist of Clemson?

My work is done here. LOL***

May 20, 2014, 9:13 AM

Re: No problem bud

May 20, 2014, 10:33 AM

Right now it's too early for me to say.
I guess I'd give the QB edge to Cackalina because Thompson's started and won games, but it's closer to a push.
I don't think the edge on WR goes to the cacks by any stretch.
They'll probably have a better OL, I really don't know what they do at TE, and they will almost definitely have the edge at RB.
Our whole defense will be better than theirs. The Venebles tree shall bear fruit this season.
If Morris has developed more, and Dabo keeps his hands clean, coaching might be a push. Right now, I'd say their offensive coaching gets the edge.

The bottom line is you can't win if you can't score. I don't see the cacks scoring much.

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic