Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congratulations National Champions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Congratulations National Champions

Jan 10, 2017, 1:43 PM

Congrats to Coach Dabo, his staff, his players and the fans of Clemson. You guy's team played a very good game with a very good team. You definitely have a moment to be proud and I'm happy for you though obviously I would have rather Bama won. The stated goal of running "X" number of plays to try and wear out Bama's defense worked. It was a very good plan that almost didn't work but when it counted, it did. Lots of excuses and "what if's" could be presented but those are totally unnecessary so I won't go there. This was a very exciting game from the start all the way until there was one second left on the clock. I think it could definitely have been played cleaner (less penalties, both called and not called) by both teams but all-in-all I think it was very evenly matched. In my opinion, the best two teams in the country were both playing in this game and well represented their respective schools and fans. Other than the broken bone in Bo's lower leg there were few injuries and again, I am very happy about that.

Both teams will lose some very good players to the NFL draft next month and will start rebuilding for the next season. I have not looked at the recruiting class for Clemson but Bama currently has the #1 ranked class once again so I am very optimistic that we will pick up where we left off this year. Our first opponent in August is FSU so that should also be another very fun game to watch.

Best of luck moving forward into the off-season and even into the 2017 season. I look forward to watching both my team and your's and hopefully they will both, once again make the CFP Championship game in January 2018.

Roll Tide and Go Tigers...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congratulations National Champions

Jan 10, 2017, 1:45 PM

TBH I'll be surprised if FSU scores a single point on you guys. Their O line is horrible. Unless it improves they are going to get eaten alive. Good thing Francois is a tough kid.

Jan 10, 2017, 1:50 PM

Well what happened to your best ever Defense ???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2017, 1:53 PM

Did you watch the game? For what it's worth, the media talking heads were the one's saying this was our best ever defense, not Bama players or coaches. I certainly never made that claim. Go ahead and gloat though, your team earned it for you... :)

Jan 10, 2017, 2:08 PM

I think this was one of bama's best D's ever. Clemson hadn't faced a D like that in 2 or 3 years. You dominated our offense like no one else has. I think your guys ran out of gas there at the end coupled with the emotional highs running thru the players on the last two drives, Clemson prevailed. But don't down play your defense just b/c Clemson won. You had a phenomenal defense this yr.

Jan 10, 2017, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Congratulations National Champions ]

The D was stout. Did you see DW4 and Mike get hit? We had problems running and had to take it to the air.

Jan 10, 2017, 1:52 PM

It was bound to happen, Nick losing a NC game.
Just glad it was us and I hope we can keep up with Bama for a long time.
That Tide D was a monster, I thought they broke DWs back one time last night.

Jan 10, 2017, 1:54 PM

That hit where he looked like a helicopter scared me...

Jan 10, 2017, 1:58 PM

That one and the one where he landed on his head with his back arched.
He took the worst beating he has ever had

There really WERE a lot of what if's, for sure.....

Jan 10, 2017, 1:56 PM

-What if your OT had been called for grabbing and tackling our LB on two of your scores?
-What if two of your players had been thrown out of the game for targeting?
-What if we didn't have that unusual bad snap.

Yep, all kinds of what ifs that could have blown this game open.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There really WERE a lot of what if's, for sure.....

Jan 10, 2017, 1:58 PM

For the record, YOU are the one bringing the "what if's" up and your team won the game. Bitter much?

you're the one who can't type a "congrats" without the most

Jan 10, 2017, 2:00 PM

passive aggressive tone I've seen anyone use in a long time, so I accept your critique.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HEY!!! Back handed congrats are still back handed

Jan 10, 2017, 2:09 PM

I mean congrats.

I think

Jan 10, 2017, 1:59 PM [ in reply to There really WERE a lot of what if's, for sure..... ]

And what if we had been called for a pick?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it would have been a poor call.

Jan 10, 2017, 2:00 PM

Main one we dodged a bullet on was the targeting that didn't get called on BB.

Jan 10, 2017, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: There really WERE a lot of what if's, for sure..... ]

it wasn't a pick....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Jan 10, 2017, 2:18 PM

Second one not a pick I agree. That first one was a little more gray but I'm not a ref.

Instead I'm a happy camper.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2017, 2:49 PM

First one wasn't a pick because he turned and looked for the ball. Second one wasn't a pick due to the DB engaging contact first. So NEITHER were picks. have a nice day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post NALT

Jan 10, 2017, 2:00 PM [ in reply to There really WERE a lot of what if's, for sure..... ]

It was a great game and one that people will be talking about for a long time. We all know that Alabama is loaded with talent with more on the way and that Clemson is also loaded with more incoming. I think these two programs will be seeing a lot of each other in the years to come.

Go Tigers!!

There were a few other injuries from the

Jan 10, 2017, 2:06 PM

targeting by Bama players such as to Mike Williams. They tried to knock him and Watson out of the game!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There were a few other injuries from the

Yeah, both players were able to continue to contribute so I would say those were not injuries. Shook up, or in Watson's case "rattled" for a bit but not injured.

Classy post. Thanks NALT. You've been a level-headed,

Jan 10, 2017, 2:07 PM

good sport around here.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Classy post. Thanks NALT. You've been a level-headed,

Thank you and good luck going forward...

Best of 3 next year!***

Jan 10, 2017, 3:07 PM

Re: Best of 3 next year!***

Jan 10, 2017, 3:12 PM

I hope Bama will be there. Hopefully we will too if we can find replacements for some key positions we're losing to the NFL...We are getting some quality players but I just hope we fill some needs...

Jan 10, 2017, 3:09 PM

Thanks for the classy post.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic