Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Conflicted on National Champ Tix
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Conflicted on National Champ Tix

Jan 7, 2016, 6:29 PM

Is anyone else conflicted on how to feel about these plummeting prices on tickets to the national championship game? Granted, I paid IPTAY $900 for 2 tickets in the upper section, tickets which now are worth about half that on the open market, but in a weird way it also brings me great joy to see these greedy individuals, who bought tickets with no intention of going to the game, losing their shirts now on them. Oh well, at least my money went to the university I love and support. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Conflicted on National Champ Tix

Jan 7, 2016, 6:35 PM

Im kind of upset to see them drop so much. Although I didnt go through Iptay, I bought rights from Teamtix back in October. Got my tickets and im in section 421 row 23...top of the upper deck in corner. Could definitely be getting better seats had I not bought rights. Oh well, at least im in the stadium! No right to complain

Jan 7, 2016, 6:37 PM

I'm conflicted in that I wish I had just waited and bought some 50 yd line tix off stub hub. Would have spent a little more but had much better seats.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2016, 6:48 PM

I completely forgot about TeamTix! Any chance they stay in business beyond this year with the way things are going this postseason?

Jan 7, 2016, 6:52 PM

All I know is next year I wont be using Teamtix again! Ill wait! Had no idea what it would be like for a game this magnitude.

No need to be conflicted

Jan 7, 2016, 6:48 PM

Those tickets were worth TO YOU what you paid for them, when you bought them. That's all that matters. Prices for tickets follow the laws of supply and demand like everything else.

And why is it greed to speculate invest in tickets? It isn't! It's how the free market works my friend. Sometimes you invest and win, other times you invest and lose.

Get off the envy train my man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No need to be conflicted

Jan 7, 2016, 6:53 PM

Perhaps I'm just bitter as it seems every event I want to attend in Chicago (which is where I live) always sells out in seconds and goes for 2-3x their face value on the open market. Now, I finally get my hands on some tickets to a sold out event and they're 50% off face value online! Oh well, like you said, they're worth what I paid for them, just would have liked to get some better seats or to save some cash.

This game being so far away...

Jan 7, 2016, 7:04 PM

...from the home fan bases of both teams should have sent off alarm bells. Playing the game anywhere from Dallas Tx and on eastward would have kept prices up much better. Arizona is just a big stretch for the Southeast fan bases involved...especially after just coming back from an expensive Bowl trip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2016, 6:49 PM

I blame the NCAA for this. The Bama tixs are now priced below $200. The Ala. folks opened in Dallas, went to Atlanta for the SEC championship game, Dallas again for the Semifinal and now Phoenix for the Final. At some point, every household budget has a breaking point for this stuff. I didn't buy early b/c I saw how the scalpers were essentially giving away tixs before kickoff at the Orange Bowl.

This needs to change, or for these types games, folks will stay home and watch on on their 60in flat screen.

Jan 7, 2016, 7:43 PM

i love seeing the greedy lose some $. thanks for selling out the clemson allotment!

enjoy your L

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic