Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Concerned. How does this happen?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Concerned. How does this happen?

Jan 2, 2018, 12:51 AM

Based on our performance tonight, it is clear to me that there is a deeper underlying issue. We didn’t go 12-1 this season by accident. We are a good team. How did we get so outclassed by a team that, quite honestly, was lucky to make the playoff and got whipped by a team that we beat?

I am going to speculate and say that our preperation for this game was far from adequate. That is on Dabo and our coaches.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Concerned. How does this happen?

Jan 2, 2018, 12:54 AM

our D was just as dominant as theirs. i've given my opinion of the offensive issues several times, already. in order: KB, playcalling, O-line...maybe throw some Deon Cain not being Mike Williams in there, somewhere

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Exactly!

Jan 2, 2018, 12:56 AM

Nuff said..Lost!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our OL was overwhelmed. No one picked up blitzes. KB held the ball too long many times. No apparent adjustments at halftime. Several things contributed to the offensive meltdown. Got a whole offseason to correct.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 1:00 AM

I was screaming at KB to throw the ball, as was everyone else I’m sure. In his defense, the windows he was throwing into were as tight as I’ve ever seen. On the flip side, Hurts threw to wide-open receivers all night.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You get 4 weeks off and anything can happen. If this game was played right after the Miami win then it would have been a different story. The problem is Bama would have had two weeks instead of one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it’s easy....

Jan 2, 2018, 12:57 AM

Saban has 5 Weeks to prepare
Bama was fired up and wanted revenge
Playcalling didn’t adjust until the last drive. If we had made adjustments earlier to their aggressive defense, we would have had a fighting chance.

Our D played fine.
Our terrible kicker made both of his FGs.
I thought KB played his normal game, and what we could have expected. Don’t think he killed us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair question. To me the answer is recruiting & coaching.

Jan 2, 2018, 12:57 AM

Bama has some serious players and Saban is still a master motivator. Agree we were outcoached. Couple that with DW being largely responsible for last year's championship win, and this year's team may have outperfomed with a strong 12-2 record and likely a Top 5 performance. Next year we need more versatile QB play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 1:00 AM

I don't think people on here give enough credit to how beat up Bama was at the end of the sesaon. People on here kept complaining that excuses were being made for Bama, but they were destroying teams up until their last few games when the injuries started to catch up to them. Also, Georgia not only lost to that same Auburn team, but got destroyed by Auburn only to play them again and dominate them.

I only say that to point out that you can't always take too much out of only one game. We lost to an average Pitt team last year, and were still the best team in the country, and we lost to a poor Syracuse team this year and were still a top 5 team.

Jan 2, 2018, 1:05 AM

It would help not getting the ball inside the 20 nearly every series. However, KB made some Freshman mistakes including holding on to the ball too long at time. Bama crowded the line daring us to beat them downfield and we couldn't. The sacks were drive killers and a couple PIs might should've been called as well.

Jan 2, 2018, 1:04 AM

The offensive coordinator that showed up for Cuse, Wake, and BC showed up and not the one who showed up against SCar and Miami.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Jan 2, 2018, 1:18 AM

Very evident several of you have forgotten the Bowden years. 95% of the teams out there would kill for what we have. Great year, great last 8 year’s. GO TIGERS,

They were heathy and more talented.*****

Jan 2, 2018, 1:21 AM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic