Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Concealed Carry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 584

Concealed Carry

Aug 5, 2019, 1:47 PM

I've owned guns my whole life and my house is practically an armory, but I've never felt the need to carry concealed. It always felt like it was unnecessary. But, after the insanity of this weekend, I felt the need to get a permit. Application and fingerprints are done and I'll have the license in a month or so.

I think it's a sad day in America when a 'normal' person feels compelled to stay armed all the time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was it about this mass shooting that spurred you to

Aug 5, 2019, 1:50 PM

go CCP, that the last 146 of them didn't have?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good question. *****

Aug 5, 2019, 1:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What was it about this mass shooting that spurred you to

Aug 5, 2019, 1:54 PM [ in reply to What was it about this mass shooting that spurred you to ]

I think it was mainly the straw that broke the camel's back, to be honest. But, my wife and I went into Walmart last night to pick up a few things and it just hit me. I don't like being in a situation where I don't have a fighting chance.

So, while I get your point about this has been going on for a while... I don't think anything changed other than something just clicked in my head.

He don't go to no schools. Or sent his keds to none neather.

Aug 5, 2019, 2:11 PM [ in reply to What was it about this mass shooting that spurred you to ]

Butt he do go to Wally-World.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it happened at walmart

Aug 5, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to What was it about this mass shooting that spurred you to ]

once it starts happening to the trash of walmart perception changes

I carry, but there's many places that............

Aug 5, 2019, 1:52 PM

I haven't felt the need to in the past.

My thinking on that is changing more everyday. You're not safe anywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll share this...

Aug 5, 2019, 1:56 PM

They were busy at the probate court today. Lots of dudes in there filling out CCP paperwork and getting fingerprints. The cop that did my fingerprints said he was glad so many people were getting this done. As he put it, "We don't worry about the people that come in here and get their fingerprints done. The bad guys don't come get a permit."

^^Things that make you go, "Hmmmm"

Aug 5, 2019, 3:13 PM

That is all...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very true.

Aug 7, 2019, 9:18 AM [ in reply to I'll share this... ]

Maybe this same process should be used in order to purchase high capacity semi-autos.

It would put a serious dent in those who buy impulsively based on a temporary rage.

Been thinking about his also. I would have thought someone

Aug 5, 2019, 6:43 PM

in Texas would have been carrying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get where you're coming from, but...

Aug 5, 2019, 8:32 PM

Carry is for personal defense...it doesn't make '1st responders' of anyone...nor should it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you are carrying and you are near a shooter like this,

Aug 6, 2019, 8:00 AM

you are in danger.

Just surprised this has not been the situation - what % of people carry? Again, I would have thought, maybe incorrectly, that % is higher in Texas than some of the other areas like Ohio.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SO WHAT HAPPENS IF WE LOSE TO

Aug 5, 2019, 6:50 PM

COOTS THIS YEAR AND YOU ARE CARRYING?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I won't be there sooooo......******

Aug 5, 2019, 6:53 PM

pluck em***

Aug 5, 2019, 7:07 PM [ in reply to SO WHAT HAPPENS IF WE LOSE TO ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL.

Aug 6, 2019, 8:10 AM [ in reply to SO WHAT HAPPENS IF WE LOSE TO ]

Lose to the coots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Concealed Carry

Aug 6, 2019, 4:55 PM

It’s your personal choice. For me more guns on the streets are not the answer. There is higher probability that my gun will kill someone I love by accident than it will be used to stop a mass shooter.

Replies: 17
| visibility 584
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic