Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Elite defensive tackle ready to make his college decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Elite defensive tackle ready to make his college decision

Jul 25, 2020, 8:01 AM

Elite defensive tackle ready to make his college decision

Payton Page is down to three schools, and the time has nearly arrived for the 4-star defensive tackle from Dudley HS (NC) to make his decision. Page released a top three of Clemson, North Carolina, and Tennessee on April 16th, and the priority target for all three schools is set to announce his decision on July 28th at 6 PM. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Elite defensive tackle ready to make his college decision

Jul 25, 2020, 8:37 AM

Come on Mr Page, you know who loves you!

I will be standing by my computer waiting on some good news

Jul 25, 2020, 9:18 AM

with all of the bad in 2020. Page seems intelligent, humble and down to earth. Make the right decision for you young man. I only hope it's Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2020, 9:37 AM

I don’t like his quote while talking about unc. “I will be closer to home”. Will be?

Jul 25, 2020, 11:05 AM

I took his quote as if was to choose unc. Hoping you're not right. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2020, 10:04 AM

If he wants to play for National Championships the choice is easy......Clemson.

UT wants just to make any Bowl (kinda like USCjr). Shreveport is not that nice in December.

UNC-CHeaters had 1 good season last year; can they sustain it? How old is Mack Brown anyhow? (will he be there the next 4-5 years) I wouldn't wager he'll be there the whole time Mr. Page is in school. Big Dex knew where to go.

Jul 25, 2020, 10:53 AM

Good point with Mack B, how much longer can he sustain the fast pace of keeping up with the college game at a top level....

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2020, 11:09 AM

Wishful thinking that Mack is going to fade away. He’s rested, tanned and ready to go after his 5 yr absence from coaching. Mack will be at UNC for 6-7 yrs, plenty of time to get UNC to the playoffs.

Page will announce for UT or Clemson.

Jul 25, 2020, 2:33 PM

Between Clemson and UNC...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2020, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Elite defensive tackle ready to make his college decision ]

I hope Ol' Mac hangs around . He can be a nice build up over there for the wine and cheese division , and then when it's football thirty Dabo can blow him out in Charlotte .
It suits .
UNChuck is a basketball school .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 25, 2020, 10:26 AM

Best of Luck Payton on your decision. The Tiger fan’s
Would love to have you in The family. Go Tigers !!

Jul 25, 2020, 10:40 AM

Whale, if there getting shirts made, we'll no soon enuff.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Com'on guys, I know a lot of you read a bunch of Clemson

Jul 25, 2020, 10:56 AM

news on all kinds of sites.

What's the consensus from the "experts" on where he is going?

Thanks!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Com'on guys, I know a lot of you read a bunch of Clemson

Jul 25, 2020, 11:12 AM

My first thoughts on where he will end up, is Clemson, and I would be surprised if it's not Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2020, 12:14 PM

Mack Brown will be hard to beat for this young superstar I still can’t Believe we got Shipley

Jul 25, 2020, 12:59 PM

He’s not going to UNC. Most likely Tenn.

Jul 25, 2020, 3:13 PM

Tennessee is paying really well again.

Mack Brown is an awesome recruiter, but a very average coach. I hate what he did to Texas and then pretended as if it wasn't his fault. Without his temper tantrum at a restaurant with a billionaire booster, then Texas would be near the top of the college game right now. Mack is a sociopath with no real feelings. Yep, he's a good ole boy and can talk a good game, but he's rather fraudulent.
I'm friends with several dads of ex Texas players that had him in their houses and he is really good at that.

But, Texas lost to Alabama in the championship game and Mack pouted for the rest of his time in Austin. He sat in his office while Major Applewhite did all the work.
Mack's plan had been to win another championship and ride off into the sunset, but when that didn't happen, he soiled his britches like a 2 year old. He collected 5 mil a year for sitting in his office and Major would come by occasionally and tell him what was up.

Mack started reading recruiting sites instead of scouting the players himself and Texas missed badly on quite a few. How the hell did he miss out on so many talented QBs I will never know while he took several bums and never made a move to fix it.

Any UNC guys that do not believe what I am saying can shove it. I was there, I saw it with my own eyes and then I know other people involved. Mack quit and collected a huge paycheck and good luck to him at UNC. I hope he does better there and leaves you in better shape.

Oh, watch out if you play an intimidating coach on the other side. Mack was so afraid of Bob Stoops that he would almost #### his pants. Check out the Texas vs Oklahoma scores while Mack was there. OU never beat Texas like a rented mule until Mack.
Yep, he did pretty well against most other coaches, but he was frightened of Stoops.

All that to say, I hope this recruit comes to Clemson. Tennessee is a nice place, but they will never do anything. They lost to Georgia State last year. Let that sink in a minute. That's like Clemson losing to Wofford.

Jul 25, 2020, 4:31 PM

You’re describing Mack circa 2012 not 2020. I don’t dispute your facts but perhaps your tone. Most of what you’ve stated was echoed by many UNC faithfull when Mack was hired. It was feared he was taking the job for the title and paycheck.

Those fears have proven to be unfounded. From day one Mack has demonstrated incredible energy. He’s visited all of the NC HS coaches and won them over. He’s hired a first rate staff to recruit and coach. The results, to date, speak fo themselves. Mack has owned up to his shortcomings his last few years at Texas. Burnout played a big part. He also admits to getting lazy in recruiting and delegating too much to his coaches. How many coaches today have that kind of honesty?

He says he’s refreshed and learned from his mistakes. All of his UNC critics happily admit they were wrong.

As far as qb evaluation, he flipped Sam Howell (future Heisman candidate) from FSU a couple of weeks on the job. This year he’s flipped Drake Maye from Alabama. UNC is set at qb for the next 5 years.

As far as your allegation that he coaches scared. Look no further than the decision to go for two against Clemson (correct decision but poor play call and execution) last season. That’s not playing not to lose.

Finally, Paige will Probably sign with Tenn. UNC backed off of him and I suspect Clemson has as well for all the reasons that are well known. If Clemson really wanted him, no way Tenn beats out the Tigers.

Jul 25, 2020, 6:56 PM

Backed off because of the weight issues?

Jul 25, 2020, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Com'on guys, I know a lot of you read a bunch of Clemson ]

Correct, I am describing Mack from 2012ish. That's a ###### bag way to treat a fan base that loved him.

Yeah, Sam Howell is awesome. That's more of an accident than anything else. Look at Case McCoy and Tyrone Swoops, 2 guys that shouldn't have been offered by D1 schools and yet he never took any steps to correct his mistakes while earning 5 mil a year.

Also, when Charlie Strong took over, there were a few good seniors. But, the underclassmen were terrible and Mack said it wasn't his fault. That's just mental.

Maybe Mack is rejuvenated. Good for him. I wish you well. I'm just saying he was a prick for what he did his last years at Texas and I had to actually forgive the guy.

OK, so he wen for 2 against Clemson. Look at UT vs OU film and look at his hands. Find the 2004 Arkansas game. You will see a frightened man that lacked confidence. His UT teams lost 4 games against OU with scores like 65-14 or so. That's never happened before or since. He was terrified of Bob Stoops and that was obvious for a serious football fan.

Believe what you want and I do forgive the guy for leaving Texas a shambles like Jimbo Fisher left FSU.

Jul 25, 2020, 10:22 PM

I will not be listening. I’m sick of these high schoolers holding court.

Jul 25, 2020, 11:25 PM

You’re a bum. Real Tigers get excited about future family. Stay tuned little buddy.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic