Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Comment/Question for IPTAY Refund Options
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,251

Comment/Question for IPTAY Refund Options

Sep 2, 2020, 5:23 PM

I have decided to opt out of my football tickets for this year. Opting out of the tickets was pretty straight forward. However, it also requires a separate form to request a refund for IPTAY dues. If you do nothing they are going to gladly keep your IPTAY money for this year AND ask for full dues again for 2021. I thought there was an option to simply use the money already paid to be applied toward 2021-2022.
How are ya'll reading this?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Comment/Question for IPTAY Refund Options

Sep 2, 2020, 5:31 PM

I just did the same thing. However, that was not an option. The 3 options were...

They keep your money but give you 100 points.

They keep 50% and give you 50 points minus whatever points you got for the 50% refund.

100% refund and lose your points for 2020.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2020, 9:49 PM

IPTAY dues are made as a contribution to fund scholarships for the 500 plus student athletes at Clemson. IPTAY’s costs for scholarships will not be affected by the loss of ticket revenue.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 12:52 PM

True,but I think many are expecting that if they leave their IPTAY money with Clemson they won't have to pay again for 2021. This is not the case and I fear that come Feb 2021 when IPTAY asks for more money there are going to be a lot of surprised people!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 1:30 PM

They never offered an option for Iptay dues to apply for 2021. Cmon people. Read. Then understand. But i love everyone of you like a brother and a sister.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 3:59 PM

yes, the emails were clear in my opinion that you had options for your 2020 donation. I chose to leave my iptay donation for the 100 points but opted out of the season for refund on tickets because I wasn't getting a full season and only 2 of my 4 tickets ordered..

Sep 3, 2020, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Comment/Question for IPTAY Refund Options ]

True,but I think many are expecting that if they leave their IPTAY money with Clemson they won't have to pay again for 2021. This is not the case and I fear that come Feb 2021 when IPTAY asks for more money there are going to be a lot of surprised people!

IF they don't read - then I expect they WILL be surprised.***

Sep 3, 2020, 3:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Comment/Question for IPTAY Refund Options ]

And Iptay 21 dues notices will go out shortly.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Comment/Question for IPTAY Refund Options ]

yes, some may read into this wrong, if you leave the donations I hope they aren't surprised that its only for 2020 and nothing to do with 2021.

Sep 3, 2020, 3:55 PM

iopted out of my season tickets last Friday.. after I chose the box with refund my tickets, I automatically got a response saying we will refund your ticket money via check within 8-10 weeks.. after that it had a another section that said what do you want to do with your donation. it gave you a couple options, leaving 100 percent, 50 percent, or refund the iptay donation.. you had to click on the section of your choice.. I know I had the options after I chose to refund my season tickets..

Sep 3, 2020, 5:23 PM

IPTAY “dues” are a donation. Do you regularly donate money to an organization then ask for it back? Do the athletes not need their scholarships anymore?

IMO, they shouldn’t allow anyone to get their IPTAY donation refunded...it was a freaking donation.

Re: Comment/Question for IPTAY Refund Options***

Sep 3, 2020, 5:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Comment/Question for IPTAY Refund Options ]

Not a donation according to the IRS. When Iptay places priority (tickets/parking ) based on donation levels all bets are off. Part of the commitment from Iptay is an opportunity to buy tickets and get a parking pass based on the level of giving. If they cannot deliver (even when it’s out of their control) they need to be able to refund the commitment if it is requested.

Sep 3, 2020, 5:30 PM

I do not recall reading anywhere that you could allow IPTAY to retain you 2020 dues and let them apply that towards 2021 dues, HOWEVER, I did read where you could do that for your tickets but you would be responsible for the slight increase of ticket price 2021 vs 2020

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,251
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic