Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do students get tickets and still go to class?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

How do students get tickets and still go to class?

Aug 27, 2013, 10:26 PM

My daughter joined iptay meaning she can pick up her ticket on Monday but they ran out of tickets at 11:30 Monday morning. She tried to go wait in line today but line was way too long. Even now at 10:15 pm tuesday night the line is already to the hill. How do students go to class and still get in line for tickets? I think there should be a better way to get tickets to students than what they are doing now.

Message was edited by: Tiger Contractor®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not allocating enough tix to Collegiate Club members is BS.

Aug 27, 2013, 10:27 PM

why bother then?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Advice:

Aug 27, 2013, 10:35 PM

Took me 5 years to figure out.

Wake up at 6 am. Go to waffle house. Get in line at 7 am.
Get your ticket before your 9am class starts on non-iptay days.

I got a hill ticket today through this method. Only took me till my 2nd senior year to figure out...

I showed up Monday morning at 9 for a ticket, waited in line for over 2 hours, and didn't get a ticket. But you know what? Thats my fault for not showing up early enough. There were people there in groups camping out for 8 days for IPTAY College seating, and I wasn't willing to give up a couple hours a day like they were, so I accepted the fact I might have to come back this morning.

As a student, I don't want the system to change, even if I had to try 2 days in a row. If you do a lottery, you dont get the kids that care the most lining the first rows at the games. You get apathy.

I camped out several days for FSU tickets 2 years ago. Taking shifts sitting beside a sh***y tent for several days made it all the more sweet when I got my first couple rows ticket.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Senior tickets were awesome anyway***

Aug 27, 2013, 10:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I'm just happy to be going to the game tbh.

Aug 28, 2013, 2:38 PM

I probably would have gone every single morning for a chance if it didn't work out today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do students get tickets and still go to class?***

Aug 27, 2013, 10:37 PM

Re: How do students get tickets and still go to class?***

Aug 27, 2013, 10:38 PM

ticket for this game > missing some classes in the first

Aug 27, 2013, 10:40 PM

Few weeks of the semester :)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Camp out

Aug 27, 2013, 10:45 PM

You have to get with a group and alternate gaurding your spot during the week. It's tradition and it's worth it.

Pic?

Aug 27, 2013, 10:45 PM

And then I can give an explanation.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can go to class next week***

Aug 27, 2013, 10:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get a group and camp out.

Aug 27, 2013, 10:58 PM

Make a schedule and take shifts. I'm a senior now so I got my ticket today. I was in a tent from 10:00 Sunday night until 9:00 in the morning on Monday. It wasn't fun, but it was well worth it when that ticket was placed in my hand. It's really the best way to do it to ensure that you get a ticket.

Coming from a Clemson student that is in IPTAY

Aug 27, 2013, 11:10 PM

For the big games you have to camp out or get there about 4 or 5 in the morning to get in line. So for this year UGA and FSU are probably the two biggest games. It would probably be best to camp out for that game. For the others i normally get there around 6:30-7 am in order to get lower deck for IPTAY. If you wait until mid morning or early afternoon chances are you wont get tickets to any game except like SC State and The Citadel.

Re: Coming from a Clemson student that is in IPTAY

Aug 27, 2013, 11:14 PM

I thought Collegiate Club members were guaranteed tickets. Why wouldn't they give tickets to all collegiate club members and give any leftovers out on the other days?

They save tickets for the classes .....

Aug 27, 2013, 11:17 PM

there are 11000 student tickets total I think. Seniors are pretty much guaranteed a lower deck ticket if they come decently early everyone else, including IPTAY members need to camp out for the big games and show up early for the average game if you want to get a good seat

Re: Coming from a Clemson student that is in IPTAY

Aug 27, 2013, 11:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Coming from a Clemson student that is in IPTAY ]

They have to save tickets for the other classes. There were probably like 4,000 IPTAY tickets but on IPTAY ticket pickup day there were about 150 tents and the line started at the ticket office in the WestZone, went up the stairs and around to the IPTAY office, down the whole length of the stadium and around past The Rock and Gate 1, around the other corner and up Cemetery Hill, the people at the end of the line were stadium under the Gate 16 upperdeck entrance. My roomate guessed there were 6-7,000 people in line that day.

Re: How do students get tickets and still go to class?

Aug 27, 2013, 11:24 PM

You know what's bullshi-? As a senior, I bust my ### to make it from class in Greenville on Tuesday to get a ticket. Show up around 1, to find the window closed and a note saying all tickets alloyed for seniors are gone. ###!?! I have to give up my right to get a ticket on senior day because they are saving it from some freshman from New Jersey? The system is flawed my friends.

Aug 27, 2013, 11:33 PM

It is flawed but there's ways around it too. I don't agree that freshman should get tickets over seniors but this is a huge game. Any other game and you would have gotten a ticket with no problems.

So you mosey on over at 1pm and don't get a ticket

Aug 28, 2013, 12:53 AM [ in reply to Re: How do students get tickets and still go to class? ]

And we are supposed I feel sorry for you?
The ticket lines have been well publicized. If you had been in line at 7am you would have a ticket.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you mosey on over at 1pm and don't get a ticket

Aug 28, 2013, 7:57 AM

I had class in Greenville from 6:45 to 1....not much to do about that.

Aug 28, 2013, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Re: How do students get tickets and still go to class? ]

I can get the argument for upperclassmen to get first allotment of tickets, but what does in-state versus out of state have to do with anything. The kid from out of state is paying tuition just like you, but likely 2 to 3 times more.

What if it was a freshman from Greenville?

Aug 28, 2013, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: How do students get tickets and still go to class? ]

Does that make it ok?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: What if it was a freshman from Greenville?

Aug 28, 2013, 10:10 AM

Yes....Seniors should absolutely have first rights over freshmen in my opinion.

Seniors should be given the full time slot until 4 p.m. As long as a senior comes on Tuesday, they should be given a ticket. If they don't come on Tuesday, then all Juniors and above should have the right on Wednesday. This process should continue til tickets are exhausted. If there is none for freshman, so be it, everyone has to earn their(tiger) stripes.

Aug 28, 2013, 12:01 AM

You camp and or get there early. I camped for a solid week so I got block seats in the student section. One of my friends got in line on IPTAY day at about 2:00AM the day of and got tickets. People that show up at 7:30 expecting a ticket are dumb.

Aug 28, 2013, 2:52 AM

Join a fraternity/sorority or a club with a block. Never wait in line again.

Aug 28, 2013, 3:08 AM

College isn't 3rd grade where they take roll (well some do but they are doofus professors). College is a place where you get creative. Send "representatives" to class for you. Invest is life like blow up dolls...Lots of options. Modern day is even better, just get a friend to skype you the class...too easy.

"I shot a werewolf once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor?s dog"

Chuck Norris' calendar goes from March 31st to April 2nd, no one fools Chuck!
MCHammer found out the hard way, Chuck Norris can touch it!

"Brasky's family crest is a picture of a barracuda eating Neil Armstrong."

"My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. Every now and then she stops to breathe."

I still think it borders on ridiculous

Aug 28, 2013, 8:00 AM

that all undergrads aren't guaranteed a ticket. The hill can fit almost 11,000 people all by itself (well, it could before some stick in the mud capped Hill capacity), and on top of that there are what, 2-3 sections dedicated to students? Why are kids having to camp for a week to get a ticket? I can understand camping to get a -good- ticket, but to get one at all? I think that sucks.

The Hills offical capacity is 4,000 now, I think

Aug 28, 2013, 8:51 AM

Kids are camping out to get good tickets. there are about 14,000 student tickets which has always been enough. It might not be this week, but it will be the first time in a whie that has happened. And Id be willing to bet the people that are left watching the game in their dorm, are the ones that arent putting much effort into trying to get a ticket.

You camp with a group of people and

Aug 28, 2013, 9:06 AM

take shifts. If you have enough people (4-5) you should be able to have someone stay with the tent 24/7, and everyone gets to go to class.

Tell her to join a sorority.

Aug 28, 2013, 10:42 AM

Block seating, and she won't even have to leave her dorm room.

IPADs. That's how the football players do it, right???***

Aug 28, 2013, 2:40 PM

Don't you know??? The tickets are more important.

Aug 28, 2013, 2:43 PM

You have 4 years and a bunch of classes to go to, especially in the spring. There's only 6 games a year to go to as a student. Don't waste it. It's special.

I must agree that EVERY student who Wants a ticket

Aug 28, 2013, 2:50 PM

should be able to get one.

I was a student in the early 80's and we had plenty of big games and I cannot recall ever not being able to get my ticket.

Young lungs are the best.... Just sayin.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic