Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Comeback Win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Comeback Win

Sep 30, 2018, 10:38 PM

Why is Ohio State's comeback win against Penn State considered so much more impressive than our comeback win against Syracuse? I get that Penn State is a quality opponent and their comeback was impressive, but I didn't think either of those teams looked that fantastic for the majority of the game. We were able to come back and win against an undefeated Syracuse with basically our third string QB after a pretty hectic week for the team. I just don't understand the narrative that Clemson is somehow less worthy of their win than Ohio State and that Clemson just doesn't look as good as these "top tier" teams (Alabama Georgia Ohio St)

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Comeback Win

Sep 30, 2018, 11:11 PM

I totally agree with you. Peeps tend to forget that app st should have beaten psu and scored at will against psu. Other than the teams playing each other that are highly ranked i didn’t see anything spectacular about it. Tv and ratings drives the narrative. Ashamed really when you put it like that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 11:13 PM

It was on the road against a top ranked team. Penn state is one of the traditional teams. No matter how good any of the ACC teams look, nobody is taking the time to watch them and call them a good team. And even when they look good, everyone just says it's because the team they played is not good

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 11:46 PM

I do think that Ohio State's win was good and don't disagree with the idea that they proved themselves, I just can't understand why our win is viewed in such a negative light, especially considering all of the extenuating circumstances.

Hoping Syracuse pulls off the win against Notre Dame in November! I think they have a good shot

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A top ranked team? Technically, you're right.

Oct 1, 2018, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Comeback Win ]

45-38 win in OT against App State and they beat Pitt, Kent and Illinois who all suck.

Honestly, Syracuse's win over FSU 30-7 is more impressive than anything Penn State has done all year long. And that includes losing to Ohio State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 11:31 PM

in some circles we are still considered pretenders and blips on the radar.ohio state and penn state are among the sacred cows of college football.never mind that we're 4-0 against those two schools.never mind that we have 2 national championships,and georgia has one.michigan has 2 nattys,last one in '97.yet they continue to be considered perennial contenders.it's part of the myth of the big 10.had Deshaun played for notre dame,he would have not only won the Heisman,but also been anointed one of the best,if not the best qb ever.it's been the way of the college football world for a long time.CU just has to keep on grinding and proving itself by continuing to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 30, 2018, 11:34 PM

correction:annointed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic