Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This could get juicy...trying to get Zion under oath
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

This could get juicy...trying to get Zion under oath

May 11, 2020, 11:01 AM

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/former-agent-requests-zion-williamson-respond-allegations-illegal-benefits/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m so thankful we aren’t involved in this mess.

May 11, 2020, 11:05 AM

I appreciate Brad for being ethical and not stooping to such levels to get recruits.

Even if Steve Smith had gotten Zion’s attention with the promise of money, Brad wouldn’t have allowed it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I feel like we'd all be better off if this does not happen.***

May 11, 2020, 11:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I wonder how many 19 year old kids get sued for $200M.***

May 11, 2020, 11:20 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regardless of how this lawsuit plays out...

May 11, 2020, 11:22 AM

the NCAA isn't going to do anything to Duke.

Zion will lie and deny any knowledge of his mother and step-father accepting payments (just like Scam Newton did about his father), and the NCAA will sweep it all under the rug.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The brooms are out...

May 11, 2020, 11:35 AM

ready to sweep.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This could get juicy...trying to get Zion under oath

May 11, 2020, 11:25 AM

i knew when he was set to come to clemson and suddenly veered to puke that big money was involved.

"Zion Williamson's former marketing agency is alleging that the family of the former Duke star and current New Orleans Pelicans rookie took money to steer Williamson to Duke and certain shoe companies, according to court documents publicized Sunday. The allegations amount to a surprising twist in a saga of dueling lawsuits that could have implications for Duke if the allegations from Prime Sports Marketing are deemed credible enough to investigate by the NCAA."

Come on now.

May 11, 2020, 11:44 AM

Money may have been involved, but let's not pretend like basketball recruits need monetary incentives to choose Duke over Clemson. This would be like NC State fans freaking out and accusing Clemson of paying football recruits because Dabo pulled some 5* kid of out NC that State fans thought they had the inside track on landing.

Hell, that's kind of what happened with Dexter Lawrence five years ago and we hadn't even won any titles at that point.

The difference here is...

May 11, 2020, 12:15 PM

this isn't coming from some disgruntled butthurt fan with a bad case of sour grapes. This is coming from the former Agent who wired $100,000 to Zion's step-father. Pretty easy to prove that one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The difference here is...

May 11, 2020, 5:08 PM

I never really expected that we would get Zion for his one-and-done (I didn’t disbelieve, I just figured I wouldn’t believe it until I saw it happen), so I wasn’t too disappointed in his decision to go to Duke’s NBA tutorial program.

But when Lee Williamson, the reported recipient of this payment, threw shade at Clemson for losing that ‘lead by a mile’ on Zion’s recruitment, that disgusted me. Now of course it’s obvious that he was offended by our unwillingness to pay up.

Re: Come on now.

May 11, 2020, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Come on now. ]

Uh , yeah , but Zero was no ordinary basketball recruit .

Thank goodness Duke was willing to...

May 11, 2020, 11:37 AM

pay more than we were, or this could have gotten ugly for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

What's hilarious...

May 11, 2020, 11:40 AM

is their purchase wasn't enough to pay for a natty.

Brownell would have never allowed that to happen

May 11, 2020, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Thank goodness Duke was willing to... ]

under his watch.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

If it's shoe money, then while I was NMDM, I was way more...

May 11, 2020, 11:43 AM

willing to spend huge sums of the Company's money than my own.

Maybe that's just me, Other People's Money is the good kind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^typical lefty^^^

May 11, 2020, 11:46 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I became amphibious while filling both pockets...

May 11, 2020, 11:48 AM

We've a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahhh the good old days . . .

May 11, 2020, 11:53 AM

“Left hand, right hand, it doesn’t matter. I’m amphibious.” – former NC State basketball player Charles Shackleford

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Thank you, and Murica thanks you too...***

May 11, 2020, 11:58 AM

Deleted mine - looks like as I posted he edited thankfully***

May 11, 2020, 11:59 AM

Some say we may have made it to the Championship game

May 11, 2020, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Thank goodness Duke was willing to... ]

Of the NIT that year. I’m not so sure.

Nothing to see here

May 11, 2020, 11:42 AM

Duke conducted its own internal investigation and found that nothing untoward occurred.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sure...

May 11, 2020, 11:47 AM

about that Clark?

Re: Nothing to see here

May 11, 2020, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Nothing to see here ]

Ratface just did his puckered-up face...

May 11, 2020, 12:24 PM

Oh, the perfidy of it all !!!!! Please don't tell me that basketball recruiting has come to this.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And to make matters worse...

May 11, 2020, 2:33 PM

it's DOOK. Chapel Hole has fake classes and now this...

Message was edited by: Tater-Bug®

Zion has the same rights as every US citizens and can’t

May 11, 2020, 12:27 PM

Be compelled to testify against himself. Plus taking money to attend a particular school to play sports is not illegal if you report it on your taxes, it’s an NCAA violation but they have no subpoena power and can’t make anyone testify and they can only punish the institutions involved and not the player.

Nothing is going to happen to either Zion or Duke...

May 11, 2020, 1:19 PM

If the Agent can prove the $100,000 wire transfer to Zion's step-father actually took place, he may have to defend that especially if he didn't claim it as income and pay taxes on it. Otherwise, nothing much is going to come of this IMO.

Re: Zion has the same rights as every US citizens and can’t

May 11, 2020, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Zion has the same rights as every US citizens and can’t ]

Your statement is a contradiction. As you said, not illegal (and if it was, his parents who received the money would be liable, not him). The 5th Amendment only applies to statements that could lead to your being prosecuted. So A. it doesn't apply because it could only either incriminate his parents or lead to his being sued, and B. You can be forced to testify, even in criminal matters, if the prosecution waives its right to prosecute you, which it would here, because Zion is small fish in the football scandal.

Zion turned down six figures to play for free at Duke

May 11, 2020, 1:11 PM

duh...

For the un-initiated

May 11, 2020, 1:38 PM

Why would this be an impermissible benefit if he took the money after declaring for the draft? Or are they claiming there was another undisclosed amount of money before the 100k and signed agreement (which they claim Zion/parents backed out of)?

Clemson

Re: For the un-initiated

May 11, 2020, 5:51 PM

I think we are talking about two different things here. One, his agent wants him to testify that he took impermissible money prior to him attending Duke and two, he took (or his father) $100,000 up front money from the sports agency, backed out of their agreement, and then refused to return the money. I suspect the first part is to help establish a pattern of questionable character for the bog lawsuit. It will be civil, not criminal, so he won't be testifying against himself.

May 12, 2020, 12:59 PM

When this whole BB investigation started involving Merle Code. It was said then the FBI was going to blow the lid off of college BB. Well so far the lid is still on and it’s business as usual. What happened?? Now Zion Williams is the next investigation claiming to bring down a big name HC or a big time program.

IMO many of these reporters are just trying to make a name for themselves. Print it say you have a source you don’t have to reveal. Then the reporter is protected. They can say whatever they want.

At some point the media has to be held accountable!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic