Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
College Gameday never gives us respect
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

College Gameday never gives us respect

Aug 29, 2015, 12:07 PM

They all just picked for the ACC and Howard picked Va Tech, Herb picked Ga Tech. Both said they would play FSU for the title. They didn't even mention Clemson one time during the ACC talk!

I understand that we are not a lock to win the ACC this year and all 3 of the above teams will be good; but to not even get a mention. ESPN just loathes talking about Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: College Gameday never gives us respect

Aug 29, 2015, 12:17 PM

What has VT done to get mentioned at all. Glad I didn't waste my time watching esucsecpn gameday. The station is a joke as are these idiotic polls that keep putting at least 8 sec teams in the top 25.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Va Tech has a good defense and no offense.

Aug 29, 2015, 12:19 PM

Howard said he was tempted to put them into the playoff prediction!!!

Playoffs! Playoffs!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2015, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: College Gameday never gives us respect ]

Last team to beat the current National Champs.

They also had this

Aug 29, 2015, 1:42 PM

Burnt hen stays away from the fire.***

Aug 29, 2015, 12:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most pundits are picking us to win the ACC....

Aug 29, 2015, 12:25 PM

So no we aren't a lock, but most of the press believes FSU won't be national title contender this year, and that Va Tech has fallen off and GT doesn't have the talent to win it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not that I give a sheatt about ESPN, but I also don't care

Aug 29, 2015, 12:32 PM

whether they mention us or not at all right now.

There's been a lot of talk about Clemson at times over the years, and we've had 1 ACC title in the last 23 years. Geez, remember the buildup to the 2013 home game against FSU? What a fiasco.

Screw the hype!

Let's let them talk about us when we beat the Coots to go 12-0 and there's some human sacrifice from the Coastal Division lined up for execution in the ACCCG....

{please lawd let it be PJ, let it be PJ}

Not to mention how everybody falls all over themselves when

Aug 30, 2015, 4:29 PM

eSECpn does come to town or mentions Clemson. And as good as it ever gets is receiving an occasional back-handed compliment.

Va Tech?

Aug 29, 2015, 12:37 PM

Do people still smoke crack?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Va Tech?

Aug 29, 2015, 12:48 PM

Yes, they do

Herbstreit used to really like us until FSU fiasco two years

Aug 29, 2015, 12:51 PM

ago - betcha he will be back on board if we are undefeated after ND!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Herbstreit used to really like us until FSU fiasco two years

Aug 29, 2015, 1:11 PM

fiasco huh

Don't you remember that catastrophe? 55 to 17 or something

Aug 29, 2015, 1:31 PM

like that???? Really disappointed Herbstreit and lots of us...or would you rather forget?

I kinda like it this way, Tigers got to prove them wrong.***

Aug 29, 2015, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Herbstreit used to really like us until FSU fiasco two years ]

Agree - 'Kinda like it this way." Add to players fire!***

Aug 30, 2015, 6:11 PM

OVR/UNDER

Aug 29, 2015, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Herbstreit used to really like us until FSU fiasco two years ]

+/- 700 upset alerts heading into GT after we smoke ND by four TD's.

We just have to blow people out 15 times in a row to get any National Respect.

We still have Zero Respect. Zero.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fantastic news for our locker room bulletin board material.***

Aug 29, 2015, 3:33 PM

Aug 29, 2015, 5:24 PM

It's not that they loathe talking about Clemson, it's just that you as a Clemson fan, that's the only team you focus on and know anything about. Where as it is there job to know and discuss every team.

It's been a while since Clemson has won it. I'm not 100% sure, but of they win it, I think it still counts even if they aren't predicted

Aug 30, 2015, 4:42 AM

> It's not that they loathe talking about Clemson, it's
> just that you as a Clemson fan, that's the only team
> you focus on and know anything about. Where as it is
> there job to know and discuss every team.
>
> It's been a while since Clemson has won it. I'm not
> 100% sure, but of they win it, I think it still
> counts even if they aren't predicted

See last year as the first example I can think of. It is their job to know and discuss every team, yet they continued to pump the SEC (West especially). We all know how that turned out. None of them saw Ohio State coming either

Aug 30, 2015, 2:27 PM

I guess if they're trying to pump the SEC without anyone noticing, it isn't working Bc you conspiracy believers pegged them for a while now.

I think you have to have common sense to discuss things like this, and this is the wrong place to have a discussion. But I believe they have reasons for everything they do, and it all boils down to money.

If you're trying to make a point on here, if you're not saying Clemson undefeated, national champion, should be discussed constantly and should always be predicted to win, you're a coot. If you're honestly trying to have this talk, would love to really discuss it.

Good, I'd rather be unexpected. Btw- who is ESPN?***

Aug 29, 2015, 5:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2015, 5:59 PM

I don't watch Gameday, but whether they mention Clemson or not, all the predictions are nothing but a WAG...Wild A$$ Guess. Nothing more. What happens on the field is what counts.

While one could view the absence of Clemson talk on these programs as disrespect, that by itself would not qualify as disrespect in my view. Personally, I have never heard anything disrespectful said in the media about Clemson. I have heard Clemson called overrated, and expressions of doubt about how good Clemson could be, but not in a disrespectful manner.

Message was edited by: InspectorM®

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

What they don't say is this ...

Aug 29, 2015, 6:35 PM

... the ACC is basically a Clemson-Florida State league and the fact that both teams are in the Atlantic Division kills the ACC Championship game in viewership, and attendance.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is now, but that changes.

Aug 29, 2015, 6:44 PM

Remember when VA Tech was running the league? They don't realign divisions because the power in the conference changes frequently.

The only way we are going to change it is to start kicking..

Aug 29, 2015, 7:10 PM

FSU and better perceived programs butts! Until then, we are going to be considered an OK team. We just have no room for error and cannot do anything like what the Coots did last year. It takes a while for people to get on your bandwagon ....except in the SEC where you can't shake them off of your bandwagon unless you are South Carolina who is really just another step-child like Kentucky and Vandy. Believe me, they get no respect from the real SEC programs, who themselves are fraudulent enough.

Not many teams win all their games

Aug 29, 2015, 7:13 PM

But you'd think we'd get more respect after beating LSU, Georgia, Ohio St., Oklahoma...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 30, 2015, 12:04 AM

Seriously, I like it. It's just motivation for our guys. I don't want them to all be picking us. We can prove it. That's all that matters at the end of the season.

Aug 30, 2015, 4:56 PM

When we beat FSU and win the conference, then we can EARN respect

I'm not sure why this irks so many people

Aug 30, 2015, 6:14 PM

Both of those teams beat us last year so there is no reason that we have given them to pick us. You know what will silence the doubters? Winning. Period.

Win the ACC this year and they will be mentioning us.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic