Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
College Football Playoff. CU vs SCar rematch in 2015
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,303

College Football Playoff. CU vs SCar rematch in 2015

May 19, 2014, 10:24 AM

http://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2014/05/interesting-look-at-playoff-scenarios.html

Some of the other years could be debated on exactly what the committee would do (although this is pretty accurate). But if the 2016 rotation playoff rotation had been in play there would be a guaranteed rematch in the OB because of bowl contracts.

Interesting to think about and see some the implications of the tieins. especially that 2016 scenario when the 2 bowls that host the playoffs have no tieins and 3 of the 4 that are left do have them. it means once every three years we have the scenario of having only 1 true at large team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: College Football Playoff. CU vs SCar rematch in 2015

May 19, 2014, 10:30 AM

It never occurred to me that Clemson and S Car could possibly meet in the Orange Bowl until you wrote this article - but IMO it's 100% correct. The O.B. is contractually required to take the highest-ranked SEC, B1G or Notre Dame team, and if Clemson is the ACC rep, well...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2014, 10:48 AM

Let me correct myself: the Orange Bowl takes the highest-ranked SEC team AFTER the Sugar Bowl is filled. Since neither the Orange or Sugar would be semi-final sites in 2016, that's why this scenario comes into play.

May 19, 2014, 4:15 PM

Are we sure they are required to take the highest ranked team? I know they are required to take a team from the selection committees list but they are also required to take 3 B1G, 3 SEC , and 2 ND teams every 12 years. That would mean some years the highest ranked team wouldn't work. I would guess that would give them some wiggle room when they make their selection.

null

Why are you not considering Bama vs. Auburn a rematch?***

May 19, 2014, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: College Football Playoff. CU vs SCar rematch in 2015 ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Why are you not considering Bama vs. Auburn a rematch?***

May 19, 2014, 11:10 AM

Major hitch in that scenario is that the Coots aren't good enough to make the major bowls , completely missed every BCS bowl in history ....so why assume they ever make the CFBP ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 19, 2014, 11:55 AM

The only problem with that statement is we beat the crap out of Clemson both seasons they went to a BCS bowl....so us not being good enough ? Well that puts you there by default....playing cupcakes....and losing to us by double digits every year for the last 5 says we belonged there more than you. We just have way too many good schools and the SEC can only sent 2 to the BCS. The fact that the ACC has only 2 good schools means a default slot for you while we had to wade through a flock of top 10 schools that call the SEC home. Nice try though...but you lose that many..by those scores....wow...and you are going to say we are not good but you are....so funny...

May 19, 2014, 11:58 AM

Go away Monroe...you've proven your word means nothing...take your low character elsewhete

May 19, 2014, 12:06 PM

Monroe , You mad bro ?

Troll your way on over to the FGF and tell em' coot ....that Clemson site is full of people who don't like us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 19, 2014, 12:15 PM

Not mad....you guys just say things that make your program look bad. You lose by double digits to us 5 years in row...but we are not good...so you are obviously worse. Can't be any other way !

May 19, 2014, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are you not considering Bama vs. Auburn a rematch?*** ]

I'm sorry...I have no clue where elsewhete is...is that North Carolina or South Carolina ?

May 19, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are you not considering Bama vs. Auburn a rematch?*** ]

Previously the Gamecocks were locked out because there was a limit of 2 teams per conference for BCS bowls - and S Car was never going to be in the SEC's top 2. Now that limit is gone, so they have a shot (although if Clemson starts beating them again that will go away).

PTU. Coots would have to be at least 2nd in the SEC and I

May 19, 2014, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are you not considering Bama vs. Auburn a rematch?*** ]

don't remember them getting close in recent years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2014, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are you not considering Bama vs. Auburn a rematch?*** ]

the 2016 scenario is set in stone. If that version of the rotation would have happened last year those are the only possible match ups according to the new rules.

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

May 19, 2014, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Why are you not considering Bama vs. Auburn a rematch?*** ]

Yes, Bama and Auburn would also be a rematch (so was Bama vs. LSU), but we are primarily interested in ACC teams here. I don't care if Ohio State and Michigan play twice in a row, either (which almost happened in the BCS era).

May 19, 2014, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Why are you not considering Bama vs. Auburn a rematch?*** ]

It is also a rematch but not one anybody around here really cares about.

May 20, 2014, 10:25 AM

You never know. Some in SC might prefer Bama/Auburn 2 over Clemson/SC 2. There are lost souls everywhere!

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,303
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic