Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Colin Cowherd and Clemson football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Colin Cowherd and Clemson football

Aug 21, 2012, 9:26 AM

Don't really understand the vitriol for Cowherd, he was just stating a fact. More people are going to call in to his show to talk about Notre Dame than us. Like it or not, Clemson football is not a national product. When the majority of the nation knows us as "that team that WVU hung 70 on," you can't expect every talking head to be pimping Clemson. I don't think he was reflecting negatively on us, just using us as an example of a smaller market team with less national appeal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

For us to be one of his typical examples is a good thing

Aug 21, 2012, 9:31 AM

He's a morning show host in LA. For him to know as much about Clemson as he does shows how national our brand is/can be.

Now, we could have that reputation out there for any number of reasons, namely like not getting over the hump. But for us to even be "part of the conversation" is a plus.

Of course I think Cowherd is pretty much a turd and hack host. With him and now John Kincaid doing afternoon drive time, ESPN radio doesn't get pressed much on XM.

Re: For us to be one of his typical examples is a good thing

Aug 21, 2012, 9:35 AM

I agree. All i'm saying is, until we do something to change our reputation (70 pts by wv and "pulling a Clemson"), there's no reason to grt bent out of shape because a national radio guy says that we're not USC (real) or ND.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

He's a sports 'gossip caster' of the IDth degree.***

Aug 21, 2012, 9:36 AM [ in reply to For us to be one of his typical examples is a good thing ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's a sports 'gossip caster' of the IDth degree.***

Aug 21, 2012, 9:38 AM

I dunno, i think he's kinda funny, he usually has good guests, and seems to a decent amount of research to support his talking points.

Re: He's a sports 'gossip caster' of the IDth degree.***

Aug 21, 2012, 9:39 AM

*seems to do...just mho

Aug 21, 2012, 9:44 AM [ in reply to For us to be one of his typical examples is a good thing ]

I agree that Cowherd is a hack, but I'm pretty sure his show is housed in Bristol, Conn. His background is west coast, although I don't believe he ever worked in L.A.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2012, 9:49 AM

Tht's accurate, i think he's originally from the left coast, and he loves the Lakers and the Condoms and all other things big market, so that is probably where folks get that notion.

Using as an example = reason for vitriol. Revisit in Dec.***

Aug 21, 2012, 9:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are 100% correct

Aug 21, 2012, 9:36 AM

In college football Notre Dame is the #1 NATIONAL brand.

Doesn't mean that for the 2012 season they have a better program or team than Clemson.

Of course he's going to talk about ND over a Clemson or Wisconsin or TCU or Okie State or Arkansas, etc.

Re: You are 100% correct

Aug 21, 2012, 9:41 AM

He actually Started of by giing us a compliment. The full quote was something like "clemson has a lot more talented than notre dame, but i i'm talking notre dame, the phone lines are blowing up, if i'm talking clemson, they're dead." not really a diss on us imo.

Re: You are 100% correct

Aug 21, 2012, 9:45 AM

Holy iphone grammar fail...sorry guys :)

Colin obnoxiously only cares about ratings and money

Aug 21, 2012, 9:58 AM

He's too arrogant and self-absorbant to take a chance on predicting a teams success, only their TV market which is predictable. Listening to him is like listening to someone masturb****. He will never talk much Clemson b/c we don't seem marketable to him. I believe Dabo, Sammy, our fans, and our Orange make us intriguing to a national audience especially when we are successful. I still listen some, but only when DP is on break and nothing else is on.

Re: Colin obnoxiously only cares about ratings and money

Aug 21, 2012, 10:00 AM

I honestly don't think he likes or dislikes Clemson, i just think it's tough for someone who is not familiar with our program to give us rave reviews and bold predictions on the heels of the WV debacle.

right, he doesn't like or dislike any team

Aug 21, 2012, 10:11 AM

nor will he make a prediction at all. You like to hear some commentators go out on a limb every once in a while, but he doesn't.

Re: right, he doesn't like or dislike any team

Aug 21, 2012, 10:30 AM

He said that Lane Kiffin would lead USC back to greatness. That's a pretty bold prediction considering a lot of people think LK is a blowhard.

Re: right, he doesn't like or dislike any team

Aug 21, 2012, 10:39 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot about his love affair with Kiffin. "Any attention is good attention...blah...blah.. everybody wants to live in California... blah blah....they get all the recruits, they will be great."

Re: Colin Cowherd and Clemson football

Aug 21, 2012, 10:29 AM

I didn't realize anyone even listened to Cowturd!!

Aug 21, 2012, 10:37 AM

Whatever. It's still better than "the team that awarded itself 5th place rings".

Steele's gone. Nobody cares. It's a new year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Aug 21, 2012, 11:21 AM

Wow are we sensitive.
Not everything that comes out of a sportscasters mouth is a diss to Clemson. Your comment is why there is so much "vitriol" towards our fanbase. Lighten up.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic