Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cole was good. One Int, but after that....GOOD
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Cole was good. One Int, but after that....GOOD

Nov 6, 2014, 11:05 PM

If you have a different take, I'd really like to hear some rationale.

Nice job, Cole.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Solid, but can't wait to have DW back

Nov 6, 2014, 11:07 PM

Stoudt just doesn't have the feel for the deep ball. And the mobility difference is tough. I'm glad he kept us winning while DW was gone. Gotta admit that I thought we were screwed vs Louisville when he went down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Solid, but can't wait to have DW back

Nov 6, 2014, 11:11 PM

Only "bad" throws were into the very stout (pun intended) wind. He tended to overthrow, compensating for a wind that decided to take a breather (another pun intended). I kill myself sometimes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cole was good. One Int, but after that....GOOD

Nov 6, 2014, 11:08 PM

By FAR the best game I've seen him play.

Looked much calmer, read the blitz better, went through a progression much better.

And he's obviously hurt, on top of that, but he gutted through it.

Job well done.

He definitley gets better as the game goes on ...i know one

Nov 6, 2014, 11:10 PM

team in our state who wishes they could say the same about themselves...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He definitley gets better as the game goes on ...i know one

Nov 6, 2014, 11:12 PM

Can't effing WAIT for that game!!!

Nov 6, 2014, 11:15 PM

he still sucks over throwing his receivers throwing a int into double coverage pitching the ball to far out in front of scott not paying attention to the clock and that's just to name a few better hope Watson is back and dabo makes him the starter again or we are going to lose to GT and SC

with usuc's d, i don't think it matters which qb we use, or

Nov 6, 2014, 11:37 PM

o-linemen, wr's, te's, or waterboys. their defense can't stop a cold...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait. you're blaming Scott botching the pitch out on Cole?

Nov 7, 2014, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Cole was good. One Int, but after that....GOOD ]

Ridiculous!

The pitch was perfect, just like it was when CJ mishandled it earlier in the year.

Both tried guys to run before they secured the ball. That play is money if we get the backs to look the ball into their hands.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wait. you're blaming Scott botching the pitch out on Cole?

Nov 7, 2014, 2:45 AM

Nope, I disagree. Stoudt's pitch was too far out in front on that play. It's pretty noticeable on the replay.

Stoudt also consistently threw to the back shoulder of the receivers on screens, causing them to have to turn to get the ball, which led to them losing yards quite often. He also has a bad problem with staring down his main target and not looking off a defender. And, as others have mentioned, he's not really a valid threat for a long ball.

Did we win? Yes. Was his play improved compared to previous games? Yes. But that doesn't completely negate the issues he had in the game.

We saw it differently. I just watched again several times

Nov 7, 2014, 11:03 AM

Pitch led him perfectly. It hit him in the hands. He's a wide receiver for goodness sake. He just took his eyes off it.

I agree 100% many of the passes not being precise.

The question is why is he in shotgun at 3rd and short in red

Nov 7, 2014, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Cole was good. One Int, but after that....GOOD ]

zone especially. Has it worked once yet? He has shown that he can easily make one or two yds with Qb sneak. Come on Chad wake up!

Nov 6, 2014, 11:20 PM

Cole played great backing up Tajh. Should have seen his "feel for the long ball" against Duke in 2012. I think he's gutting through a suck injury with grit and class. It wasn't pretty the way Rocky beat Creed, but cojones wins, Rocky wins, and Cole wins.

My Tigers since the tie with Wake in 1968. Great job, Cole.

He is really hurting. With that in mind he played great

Nov 6, 2014, 11:21 PM

particularly in the 2nd half

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2014, 11:22 PM

The rationale is pretty simple. He probably had 30 yards of passing yards past the LOS. The rest were receivers YAC. He is the main reason one of the worst FBS teams in the country kept it close for so long. Poorly thrown balls all night long. Missed a couple sure TD passes, and all throws in which the ball had to travel greater than 20 yards in the air. The refs poor calls were magnified because the game was kept so close.

Am I glad we won? Yes. Am I glad DW4 starts next week? H E Double Hockey Sticks Yes.

Nov 7, 2014, 12:07 AM

No argument that DW is our best option. Take away the ST gaff, though, and we win by 21. That was the spread. I'll take it ANY time, whether our QB is Cole or Deshaun.

Doesn't really matter now...

Nov 7, 2014, 12:07 AM

Odds are he played his last game.

Common sense says otherwise

Nov 7, 2014, 4:47 AM

We have so many playmakers on this team and a dynamite offensive plan, only to be derailed time and again by subpar QB play.

1. Missing Jordan Leggett x3... yes, those were 3 touchdowns. Happens all the time (exact SAME play as fsu), and probably woulda cost us more than it has this year if not for the D.

2. Missing Artavis on that pitch. He needs to LEARN touch, my god. It was reminscent of Charlie Whitehurst trying to fastball it to the flat from only 3 yards away. A pitch has some air on it, not a scared line-drive barely within his reach.

3. Again narrowly missing a 3-INT game. Its on the tape man, please dont deny it.

Agreed...

Nov 7, 2014, 11:48 AM

the int made me want to throw a lamp at the TV. After this, pretty darn good, esp on third down. What really helped him was some very good zone run type reads and decisions with his feet. Wake players on the avg are slower so he was able to jig and evade. Wouldn't have worked against a really good defense like Louisville or FSU, but it worked here. It showed what DeSean can do at a higher level. The extra run option of the QB is a big factor.

Agree, why does Chad keep putting him in shotgun in 3rd and

Nov 7, 2014, 11:52 AM

short especially in the redzone? He has shown the ability to qb sneak one or two yrds. several times. Has the redzone 3rd and short worked one time for Cole?

agree. i think he made some much better decisions last night

Nov 7, 2014, 12:42 PM

Especially concerning when to tuck and run. He had trouble with that earlier this season and got sacked a few times for hesitating.

Photobucket

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic