Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coke Cans are a Joke
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Coke Cans are a Joke

Feb 4, 2017, 10:58 AM

Yes I am an old alumni. I still have 1981 coke bottle, my orange soda from National Championship ( you had to open and remove soda as it will eat through the can after so many years). I even have the 1976 Pepsi Bottle made for Clemson.

To celebrate that Clemson won the National Championship, it was nice for Coke to push out the can. However you have to run all over the place to find them. That is ridiculous. There are even in non supply in Clemson. A can should not be short supply. If they come out with a bottle, it should not either. Remember you will have to open as the soda will eat through the can after awhile.

When we won in 81, you could find the bottle and the Orange Soda,everywhere.

I have totally dislike how Coke has handled this whole roll out.

I know do not buy coke. But sent letter to Coke Bottlers to show my disapproval. Hope others will follow suit. Clemson deserves better than this.

Nuff Said

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't quite buy the idea that you have to empty them,

Feb 4, 2017, 11:04 AM

I have 6 orange sodas still full. they have some very slight rusting along the edges on the outside, but otherwise they are in perfect condition.

Re: I don't quite buy the idea that you have to empty them,

Feb 4, 2017, 11:06 AM

My cans started to leak. Letting you know as a warning. As did all of my friends. It took awhile, but it happens. Not to all the cans, but to a couple.

Mine leaked as well--was a mess***

Feb 4, 2017, 12:15 PM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mine leaked too***

Feb 6, 2017, 11:43 AM

Feb 4, 2017, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't quite buy the idea that you have to empty them, ]

My '81 Orange can leaked too. It is only a matter of time before that 1981 orange goop inside the can eats its way through the metal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What caused your friends to start leaking ?***

Feb 6, 2017, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't quite buy the idea that you have to empty them, ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Feb 4, 2017, 12:01 PM [ in reply to I don't quite buy the idea that you have to empty them, ]

Ours rusted thru, we found them and cleaned up the mess on the closet shelf a couple of weeks ago. Not sure when the hole appeared. It's just a pin hole. also side of can sunk in a little. Bottle still looks awesome!

The design is an even bigger joke than availability.

Feb 4, 2017, 11:04 AM

Alabama red. Really?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: The design is an even bigger joke than availability.

Feb 4, 2017, 11:07 AM

3 out of my 4 leaked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The design is an even bigger joke than availability.

Feb 4, 2017, 11:13 AM [ in reply to The design is an even bigger joke than availability. ]

> Alabama red. Really?

It's exactly the same as Bama's from last year, except a TINY li'l Paw.

No thanks, Coke.

You'd think the CEO is a Bama grad.***

Feb 4, 2017, 7:20 PM [ in reply to The design is an even bigger joke than availability. ]

talked to a coke distributer today

Feb 4, 2017, 11:27 AM

He said the bottles will be out sometime in august

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dates keeps moving out, any real trust?

Feb 4, 2017, 11:39 AM

Hope you are right as date keeps getting pushed out. After how they have handled the can roll out, lacking in trust right now.

Re: Coke Cans are a Joke

Feb 4, 2017, 12:01 PM

You sound like an old whiney pain in the ###. If youe married I feel sorry for her.

Feb 4, 2017, 12:52 PM

You sound like a young whiney pain in the ###. If you are married, it won't be for long!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2017, 12:13 PM

Absolutely!!! If the coots, they never will, but as an example, if they would have won the NC. If they would have won, their coke cans would have been in such a large supply, they would be stacked in the floor all over the grocery store in every county in the state. SAD that the very best School in the state of SC, Ranked in the top 25 best public schools in the entire country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it is pretty sorry

Feb 4, 2017, 3:39 PM

you can buy a 10,000 of them with the polar bear or Santa on them at Christmas.

They had the Clemson ones in the Seneca Bi-Lo stuck in a small corner out of public view by the employee office. Limit of 4 six packs. I just bought one sixer because I'm not greedy, and they are so meh to start with. Only $2 though (.33 each), at least they were fair on the price.

Coke shooting themselves in the foot limiting production, plus lazy design.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FYI: you mean 1974 Pepsi bottle (undefeated home season)

Feb 4, 2017, 2:37 PM

nm

Re: FYI: you mean 1974 Pepsi bottle (undefeated home season)

Feb 4, 2017, 9:46 PM

I went and checked you are 100 % correct, it was 1974. Undefeated HOME Season. Thanks for correction.

Feb 4, 2017, 3:29 PM

Since Fanta is a brand of the Coca-Cola Company - why not make a special Orange Fanta Clemson National Championship can? Better yet contact Pepsi and have them issue a special Orange Crush Clemson can/bottle...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

still have 2 full orange sofa cans

Feb 4, 2017, 3:43 PM

None leaked yet

Feb 4, 2017, 6:02 PM

I don't understand why they're (and that's when you can find them ) only available in SC. I mean Clemson won the NATIONal championship so they should be available everywhere. Some Clemson fans live out of state and can't buy any (unless you go on e-bay and pay $20-30 for one can)

Feb 6, 2017, 1:08 PM

I have a 1981 Orange Crush can comemmorative and would like another for 2016 - Anyone seen one available?

The ones I saw at Wal-mart in G'ville looked a copper color

Feb 6, 2017, 1:37 PM

Were these the right ones or a knockoff?

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic