Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coaching changes and how does it affect recruiting?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Coaching changes and how does it affect recruiting?

Feb 5, 2020, 11:42 AM

Our coaching staff has put a lot of guys in the NFL that has been successful, and I believe that the coach that put his share of those guys in the NFL that has been successful is now the HC of the USF Bulls!!!

I hope this don't happen, but will we see those high 4 and 5 star receivers that Jeff brought to Clemson maybe slowed until Coach Grisham has proved that he to can put NFL quality receiver in the league as well as Jeff Scott was doing.

I honest believe he can and will, but the coaches that we are competing against for the top HS receivers in the country, they will be recruiting to the tune that Tyler Grisham hasn't put a single WR in the NFL. How much if any, will the WR coaching change affect us with getting some of the best WR's in the country in our next recruiting classes?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coaching changes and how does it affect recruiting?

Feb 5, 2020, 11:47 AM

Wonder if Grisham ever accompanied any of the recruiting coaches on their trips? Was something like that even allowed?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2020, 11:58 AM

He did, and he went with Tony but mostly watched and listened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2020, 11:48 AM

And how long did Jeff play in the nfl ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2020, 12:18 PM

not for long

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2020, 11:48 AM

I don't see it mattering very much, if at all. Maybe if would to a recruit truly on the fence between us and another top school, or if our receivers start struggling over the next few years, but I don't think it'll matter otherwise. We're still selling a top 5 program that's competing for titles, and the same offensive system that's contributed to putting those receivers in the NFL.

Feb 5, 2020, 12:37 PM

One thing that I think works in our favor is that we continue to bring in elite quarterbacks. Good receivers will want to come play with good QBs.

Feb 5, 2020, 12:40 PM

Given the fact that Grisham already has a top 50 player in the country committed to the Tigers in his first few weeks on the job, it seems like there won't be a huge drop off.

I guess we will have to wait and see if he pulls in some more.

Feb 5, 2020, 12:43 PM

Wouldn't Grisham's first-person experience with what it takes to play at the next level be a good story to present to recruits?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2020, 12:45 PM

Hard to recruit WRs when your 2 recent 5 stars can’t get PT due to depth. We just landed a top 50 player at the position and btw our head coach is a former WR coach and recruiting master. WR is the last position we need to worry about. Followed closely by DL.

null

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic