Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coaches sons?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Coaches sons?

May 19, 2019, 1:33 PM

Are they on scholarships? If so, they’re daddy’s should pony up some cash and free up 3, soon to be 4 additional spots. I am in no way insinuating a scholarship is not deserved, but that’s chump change to them .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coaches sons?

May 19, 2019, 1:48 PM

what a jerk...another poor slob crying in his beer

May 19, 2019, 1:58 PM

Dumb dumb dumb....

Have seen this dumb post for years now.....

Dumb.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 2:15 PM

Why would u not compensate our coaches in every way possible? Does their performance not not meet your standards? Like u say, it's chump change. Penny wise and pound foolish equals "loser".

May 19, 2019, 2:17 PM

Yes. Will Swinney, Jake Venerables, and Ben Batson are all on scholarships. I don’t know if Will’s and Ben’s were a 1 year thing or if they will continue. Drew Swinney is still a walk-on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 2:51 PM

Who cares? Dabo is winning.

May 19, 2019, 2:55 PM

As a business owner( much like a coach) I would gladly give up a minuscule of my compensation to ensure the longevity of my business/ team. Although based on results cannot argue with the success. Just wondering.

May 19, 2019, 3:09 PM

I don't get it? Why would anyone question whether a coaches son should be on scholarship if they deserve it?

Let's make the current 3 coaches sons give up their scholarships, get 3 more 4 or 5 star recruits to sign and have them (or other high recruits) sit on the bench and leave through the transfer portal because of lack of playing time.

Maybe DJ can come in and be the holder for Extra Points and Field Goals for 4 years.

Give me an effing break.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Coaches sons? ]

bunman said:

As a business owner( much like a coach) I would gladly give up a minuscule of my compensation to ensure the longevity of my business/ team. Although based on results cannot argue with the success. Just wondering.

It’s not about compensation. It’s about rewarding a young man who can help the team. Maybe they help on the field or off the field or both. Just like when fans whined about the Davis brothers but those young men helped us win four state championships, four conference championships and two national championships. Not sure what more you want?

May 19, 2019, 4:58 PM

Batson & Venables were scholarship players from the get-go. Will was a walk-on (Preferred) and has had 2 temp. 1-yr schollies, but I don't think he has been given a permanent one yet.

Batson signed as a preferred walk-on

May 19, 2019, 5:01 PM

and only ended up with a scholarship for 2018 because Hunter Johnson left.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 5:29 PM

Be willing to bet that IPTAY gets WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more $$$$$$ from the coaches than the scholly is worth...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 6:26 PM

MOST EMPLOYEES OF ANY COLLEGE GET TO HAVE THERE KIDS GOTO SCHOOL FOR FREE ANYWAYS .SO WHO CARES IF ITS A SCHOLORSHIP OR NOT

May 19, 2019, 8:14 PM

Not at state universities in SC.

Professors' and other employees' kids get nothing!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Wrong

May 19, 2019, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Coaches sons? ]

It is OK to be wrong, just do not yell out loud and let everyone else know.

I know for a fact that children of faculty members got nothing except a 10% discount at the book store if you had their faculty ID. No discount at the Book Store downtown, but the prices for draft beer were good and the legal age was 18.

Yes, I am old.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 8:06 PM

I agree- One stupid post. But, about 80 out of 100 posts on here are stupid.

May 20, 2019, 2:07 AM

And ... still here we sit reading all the stupid posts .... and .... and ... posting our own !! lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

F

May 19, 2019, 8:10 PM

for grammar and punctuation.

Graduate middle school and get back to us, please.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 19, 2019, 11:41 PM

Legit ?, but you'll be shamed into the ether for posing it.

Goes directly to state of the program.......

May 20, 2019, 3:41 AM

Only thing the negative nancies got to complain about is something this trivial..........

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic