Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ty'son Williams picks the "other" Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Ty'son Williams picks the "other" Carolina

Jul 29, 2014, 3:05 PM

I remember some here wondering if we had a shot at Ty'son Williams over SCar. Looks like he fooled all the "experts" and picked UNC over SCar. Don't think he was ever in our camp.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have this silly thing we like to do

Jul 29, 2014, 3:15 PM

We tend to not take players who aren't any good.

Or maybe "good enough"

Jul 29, 2014, 3:24 PM

He's certainly not at the McCloud level.

But he did get a bunch of attention from UGA, SCar and a little less from ND and Michigan.

Thot he wuz in the chikin biz...

Jul 29, 2014, 3:16 PM
Ty'son.jpg(9.2 K)

Ty'son Chicken

If we were taking a RB in '15 class

Jul 29, 2014, 3:28 PM

I would've loved to have Ty'son. Kid is a solid RB who is built well and has good power. Glad the dirtpeckers didn't get him. Him and Elijah Hood will be a really good one two punch for UNC.

I think McCloud will be given a fair amount of ground

Jul 29, 2014, 3:42 PM

duty as some kind of hybrid. And with Gallman/Dye around for 2 more seasons or so and Choice coming up with fire in his eyes, we will be doing just fine.

Heck, I'm thinking Oglesby will be just as good as Ty'son Williams. Provided he gets past his first hurdle. Academics.

Re: I think McCloud will be given a fair amount of ground

Jul 29, 2014, 3:53 PM

Williams, Denaon, Frazier was always a firat to commit deal, all backs new that. Denson committed to SC earlier today so Williams was no longer a take. Personally i wanted williams bc i like in state guys but denson's film is very impressive. Williams liked UGA but not the depth chart. I dont know that clemaon was really wver in the picture, dont know if CU didnt rexruit him hars or if he just didnt have interest. Good pick up for UNC but happy with Denson tocompliment AJ Turner.

Coaches never put much effort into Williams

Jul 29, 2014, 4:01 PM

But I still see a lot of sad SCar fans in social media. I guess the first come position wasn't widely known.

Isn't SCar nearing its max now? 26? 25?

Re: Coaches never put much effort into Williams

Jul 29, 2014, 6:06 PM

> But I still see a lot of sad SCar fans in social
> media. I guess the first come position wasn't widely
> known.
>
> Isn't SCar nearing its max now? 26? 25?

It was well known to anyone who actually follows recruiting.

Re: Coaches never put much effort into Williams

Jul 29, 2014, 6:11 PM

First to commit was publicized friday bf the showcase bc frasier, williams,and denson were all scheduled to be in. 28-29 is the number.

Wow that's a huge number. Are those scholarships

Jul 29, 2014, 7:14 PM

that were lost to graduation and draft or was there much other turnover? Are some tied to the issues with the 2014 class for example?

Re: Wow that's a huge number. Are those scholarships

Jul 30, 2014, 8:59 AM

Due to the Whitney violations we had been down a few scholorships so it is that combined with gadustion, draft, and a few defections....i can guarantee that sanctions were enforced. We are also expecting a few guys to go pro after this year, mainly Davis so they recruit more based on anticipation.

Re: If we were taking a RB in '15 class

Jul 29, 2014, 5:08 PM [ in reply to If we were taking a RB in '15 class ]

Dang - you mentioned Elijah Hood - THAT guy is going to be awesome. I wish we could have landed him. Would loved to have seen him in ORANGE.

So RB Mon Denson quickly commited to USCjr saying . . .

Jul 29, 2014, 3:41 PM

Denson said. "What stood out the most was they didn't try to amaze you with their facilities and everything."

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20140729/PSPORTS02/140729640/-1/PSPORTS

Can't say that I've heard that one before, but with such sharp reasoning, he'll fit in at Billy Brice just fine!

What's amazing about SC is their infamous parking lot that's

Jul 29, 2014, 4:26 PM

located a long ways from the campus..and even though they keep cleaning & decorating it (Cabooses to start with which I like and have had a drink within one back in 2007 with a car dealer owner, then trees & scrubs, then grass mediums, what have you, etc..

But, it's still off campus and a huge asphalt slab..and one reason they enjoy Clemson so much when they get onto a sweet little campus with rolling hills, real trees, lawns galore, traditional Southern tail-gating, nice family-like atmosphere, etc.

Should be a wild time this year UNTIL the TiGERs put the hammer on them in DV come late November. Can't wait!!

GO
TiGERS1

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter how they dress it up, it's still ugly...

Jul 29, 2014, 6:50 PM

the location is terrible, right between crackhouses and warehouses.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't wanna showoff the open air restrooms at Billy B...

Jul 29, 2014, 6:49 PM [ in reply to So RB Mon Denson quickly commited to USCjr saying . . . ]

or the structurally unsounded stands and stadium steps. Or that all of their facilities are next to crack houses.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not the "other"

Jul 29, 2014, 5:49 PM

It's THE Carolina. Chapel Hill has the trademark license for Carolina. They could sue usuck for having Carolina on their baseball uniforms

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: It's not the "other"

Jul 29, 2014, 5:56 PM

USC will take 28-29 this class with 4-5 enrolling in December so they wont cou t towards the limit. OL Bailey, Pellage, Sandifer and DB Carlton Davis and Devante Davis and DL Marquavious Adams are the main targets. Adams is a soft commitment to fsu but the Greenwood connection could very well bring him home.

Re: II can't see those guys going to the West Coast.***

Jul 29, 2014, 8:06 PM

When is or did probation already end?

Jul 30, 2014, 1:18 AM

I thought they (SC) has a scholarship limit while on probation. I guarantee you that someway they worked it to where that limit never got enforced.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not the "other"

Jul 29, 2014, 5:57 PM [ in reply to It's not the "other" ]

Williams is a stud and if clemson had not thrown app there cards in to get feaster think we would have recruited him hard. The demson guy usc got is a yac guy runs hard always north south. He doesn't wow you with anything but he always gets what's there then fights for the extra yard. He is very college ready. I really wish clemson would have taken a back this year. I see choice and Gallman as the only true rb on this team.

I trust the coaches. Feaster all ### day***

Jul 29, 2014, 6:09 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: I trust the coaches. Feaster all ### day***

Jul 29, 2014, 6:18 PM

Tyshin Dye will be our next great TB , no idea how good Choice will convert having been a qb in HS and Gallman (according to coaches ) looks very solid. Think once Dye is healthy he will blow peoples minds with his running ability.
Think we are very deep at our RB position this year...now they gotta go prove me right ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 29, 2014, 6:27 PM

Choice> Dye

Jul 29, 2014, 6:29 PM

I'm sorry none of the coots RB commits look good. You would figure with lattimore and Davis success they would land a elite RB instead of some so so RB.

Don't forget we can get time out of Fleming

Jul 29, 2014, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I trust the coaches. Feaster all ### day*** ]

whether they use him as an FB or whatever. He too can help make the Gallman/Dye/Choice combo look good and pound through defenders himself on some designed plays. He has all the makings to be brutal when he's got the ball. Just don't think he'll have it that often.

Re: The real one.***

Jul 29, 2014, 8:04 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic