Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coaches hot seat rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,359

Coaches hot seat rankings

Sep 16, 2019, 9:39 PM

https://www.coacheshotseat.com/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chip Kelly #1?? He has a huge leash at UCLA

Sep 16, 2019, 9:54 PM

It would take 2.5 more years of this for him to truly be at risk of being fired.

Re: Coaches hot seat rankings

Sep 16, 2019, 10:02 PM

If I were rating, I would have Taggert #1 and Fuentes #2. Both FSU and Va Tech just hired ex coaches to work as assistants for the head coach. Does that mean an interim is coming soon?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 11:16 PM

I can't see Kill being an interim coach because of his health issues. Maybe he is being brought on to do some internal evaluations?

Sep 16, 2019, 11:28 PM

My knee jerk reactions.

1. Taggart will get at least one more year because of money.
2. I never understood why South Carolina hired Muschamp. He was lousy at uf. His demeanor on the sideline at Auburn (getting an unsportsmanlike penatly at a crucial point in a crucial game) was worthy of him being fired as an assistant. Then a month later he is hired at USCe.
3. Fuente surprised me. I thought he was a great hire for VT. Not sure why he has failed so badly.
4. Pruitt. I don't know the situation there. I know he was about their 8th choice, but Fulmer hired him. Will Fulmer give him more than 2 years? Or is he Dickey, the sequel?
5. Smith has been a failure. But, does anybody at Illinois care enough to fire him?
6. Helton. I assume that Meyer can have that job anytime he wants it. If he wants it, Helton is gone.
7. I have no idea what the situation is at UCLA. Kelly has been a big disappointment, but I don't know how the administration feels about him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2019, 1:14 AM

The answer to #2 above. SC hired Muschamp because he offered something that none of their other candidates did....he was the only one who wanted the job. About a half dozen others rejected it.

The same thing was true for Pruitt at TN. Both of those schools would now have big problems finding quality replacements.

Sep 17, 2019, 6:27 AM

So, 43% of the SEC coaches are on the hot seat, and all we hear about is how tough the schedule is in that conference. SEC math just doesn’t add up

Schools firing coaches two years in,

Sep 17, 2019, 6:34 AM

Need to fire the AD...and likely, other top officials, too. Private schools can possibly get away with it with endowments, etc., but the public universities...there's a greater accountability...in my view.

Fullmer's delusional if the thinks he can restore Rocky Top to anything more than tattling on other programs. Then again, Tennessee administration by a shed full of dull tools, so, there's that angle.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, the Faake USC (USuK) and the REAL USC in the top 7.

Sep 17, 2019, 7:37 AM

Be proud, Coots! Will the Shill is #3, whilst the real USC is only #7.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,359
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic