Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coaches and players should be ashamed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Coaches and players should be ashamed

Sep 21, 2014, 12:38 AM

Some players played well.

The ones who didn't, need to be kicked off the team.

I've seldom seen such a disparity between the guys who were ready to play, and those who were so squishy-soft who didn't belong at Furman.

Danny Pearman doesn't need to fly back to Clemson. He's always been a liability in recruiting and he coaches the least demanding position - TE's - but his work with special teams has been nothing short of abysmal.

Don't know what our OL coach's deal is - he did a pretty good job at Vandy - but what I've seen out of him the first three seasons hasn't inspired confidence, and if we'd had any push whatsoever tonight we win going away. It's not like he hasn't had time. He has. There's just no pride in this group.

Morris needs to head on to his HC gig. He's looking more and more like Rob Spence with each passing week.

This was an abysmal loss, and it pretty much defines what Clemson has been the last 30 years. Plenty of potential.

No balls.

This. Is. Clemson. And has been since about 1990.

I'm disappointed in everybody - starting with Dabo. Because we were BETTER, and chances like this come along once in a blue moon. And we freaking blew it. The moment came - and it was just too big for our coaches.

Which stinks. I was starting to believe in these guys. But they showed they were just Tommy Bowden Mark II tonight.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coaches and players should be ashamed

Sep 21, 2014, 12:55 AM

That's about as idiotic a post as I've ever read.

You OBVIOUSLY have never played a sport of any sort. (That is, any sport that meant something.)

Including Auburn, we gave FSU it's biggest challenge in 2+ years.
Yes, absolutely, we should have won.....No doubt. When you DOMINATE the game on both offense and defense 90% of the night, you should win.
It didn't happen, but ALL OF OUR GUYS AND COACHES played well except for about 3 bad plays (and that doesn't even include the missed FGs or the 4th down in OT): Stoudt's bad pass to Leggett on the goal line on first drive, the bad snap, and the fumble by us at the end of regulation.
You just can't do that, but we will go on with a group that I wouldn't change with anyone.

Because, yes, we lost, but good things will happen when you do it the right way: Our program has GREAT CHARACTER which is not what I would say about FSU, led by Dimbo the Enabler, etc....

Sep 21, 2014, 12:58 AM

Ahvyes. The high road defense. Win games. Then you can talk morals.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:17 AM

You don't get it either, Exiled....

You must think all of life is about winning a FB game, even if it means selling your soul, etc.

I feel bad for you.

Good things will eventually happen for those who do it right. And our guys do it right.....On and Off the field.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:19 AM

That's all fine and dandy but they get paid to win games. Yes. Win games. If it were about morals Hatfield would still be here. I am glad we do it the right way but that only buys you so much time.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Coaches and players should be ashamed ]

If "doing it the right way" has anything to do with the whiney fans (most anyway) on tigernet you will never be winners again. I was pulling for y'all last night. Hated seeing Shameis on the sideline trying to act respectable for once. Couldn't believe some of the BAD luck y'all had last night. By the way dont start feeling like world beaters when you play South Carolina and your 9-2. Everyone figured thats what you would be. Y'all play no one till the GAMECOCKS. ..hopefully we can get our struggles under control by then to make it respectable!!

Sep 21, 2014, 12:30 PM

Louisville is much better than South Carolina. But thanks...

Sep 21, 2014, 1:28 PM

> Louisville is much better than South Carolina. But
> thanks...

Yeah your absouloutly right about that. Totally forgot about a team that lost to Virginia. You'll be 8-3 when we play.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Coaches and players should be ashamed ]

Actually, I played both football and soccer. Coach state-level kids at soccer these days.

I understand pressure. And I very much understand what I'm seeing when I see an unprepared coach on the other sideline not handling it.

There was just way too much of that on Clemson's sideline tonight, and it showed up on the field.

When you play a #1, at their place, you're supposed to lose. Which means...you have nothing to lose. So get after them. Let it all hang out. Let it rip. We did that, in the first half. Second half...no. Again.

FSU was showing all sorts of throat tonight. There might never be a more golden chance to knock off the nation's #1 in their own house. And we blew it.

We played really scared, and really conservative, against Georgia, and had the horses to win. Would have been a tougher order than what we were up against tonight, actually...what I saw against UGA was, 100+ degree temps, and a bunch of mutants at RB who were probably the single-best RB corps I've seen in college football in the last 10 or so years. When our O couldn't move the ball, even our D, in those circumstances, wilted. But that was on Stoudt, and especially on Morris, who called as bad a game-plan against UGA as Rob Spence ever called.

FSU really didn't have any defining edge tonight. They were ripe for an upset. We just didn't take the chance, and it was all mentality.

Morris matched his UGA performance tonight. In a bad way. Astoundingly lousy stuff, in the clutch, for a guy who's generated the numbers he has. He's got a good system...but as far as being a play-caller, and having an ability to see the weak point that's being offered, as far as being able to stick the knife in...sorry, Morris is awful. The first few years he was here it looked at times like we couldn't do without him. Now...honestly, I don't know what's changed, but he's been coaching scared.

Pearman has always been wretched, and the ST's have gotten worse every year Pearman has had them. Major red-flag...especially when Pearman is a god-awful recruiter. And our OL was disturbingly lousy when we needed it, which is past the point of being old.

We've been losing games like this ever since Tommy Bowden took over in 1999. At some point, it'd be nice to stop being college football's most mentally unprepared team.

Sep 21, 2014, 10:45 AM

And you probably sucked at both. Just FYI, I don't really give two cents what a soccer player and coach thinks about big time sports. Your post is probably the worst I have read. Congrats, you are first in something!!

Sep 21, 2014, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Coaches and players should be ashamed ]

So do they fire your dumba$$ when you lose?

Do they make you walk home? There is a reason you coach HS because that's about as far as you can go.

Oh one more thing Soccer? LOL Now there's a lot of pressure LOL Soccer really

Happycat, YOU should be ashamed

Sep 21, 2014, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Coaches and players should be ashamed ]

What in the world has happened to you man?

Sep 21, 2014, 1:25 AM

Top 5 worst post ever. No wonder you have a bag on your head!

You sir, have no clue what you're talking about.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:27 AM

Good thing there's the internet for you to pretend, lol.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Sep 21, 2014, 10:19 AM

Clemson was two mistakes away from winning by 14 at the #1 team's stadium. You're way off base here.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:20 PM

The problem is we always find a way to lose big games like this. Always. That's why it's called Pulling a Clemson. It is what defines Clemson football. And it's incredibly frustrating.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you a coot?***

Sep 21, 2014, 12:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you a coot?***

Sep 21, 2014, 12:35 PM

Its Lorenzo Ward hoping will fire the Chad.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:34 PM

Don't quit your day job of being an idiot. You are so great at it.

PS Soccer's a sport? Debatable.....

Half the teams in the country would have lost players...

Sep 21, 2014, 12:46 PM

if this was a logic driven solution after a loss. Who would they recruit? What high schooler or his parents would trust a coach made a move like that after a loss? Who wants to play for a fanbase that says chit like that in public. Do you know exactly what you are saying?

I bet it sounded good in your head though, didn't it?

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, here's my take....

Sep 21, 2014, 1:42 PM

I am in between on this.

No way we would even be talking about "should have wons," and no way we'd even be hanging with the likes of UGA, FSU, LSU, Ohio State, Auburn, etc., if we (Dabo & company) hadn't done an awful lot right. We wouldn't be bemoaning the waste of the best Defense in a generation or giftwrapping the other team's win if we weren't super talented with an expectation of winning, if not a good chance of winning. We have one person, primarily, to thank for that, and that's Dabo. No, he hasn't done it all by himself, but he chose his staff, and he and his staff have done an incredible job. The talent we have is from their recruiting. The schemes we have and the records that have been broken are from the coaches we have.

Dabo has done an amazing job. I like our staff overall, and I love every one of our players.

I do, though, know we have some weak links. STs and OL are obviously a consistent concern. Kicking has been solid for a while until this year. The thing is that Dabo has been addressing many facets of the program, and I am very pleased he is our coach.

BUT...I agree that we MUST improve in one key area: Mental toughness. I think Dabo has been working on that, but we aren't there yet. Some games, we have been...others, not. There were a few players who didn't seem to have that urgency and resilience. Is it due to coaching? Not sure. Dabo has so far fixed a lot of problems; I will trust him to fix this, too.

The reason we are accused of "Clemsoning" is because we actually have the ability to win. If we were a sorry program, we wouldn't be labeled that way. I think the term is a bit unfair, but we do seem to do this more often than other schools. We have to do better. MUCH better. Shouldn't have lost to UGA, IMO. Definitely shouldn't have lost to FSU.

I still feel queezy to my stomach over last night. I just keep reliving the multiple HUGE mistakes, the elimination of maybe even one of which would have ensured a victory.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:45 PM

You should be ashamed to write such a dumb post

This is perhaps your dumbest post in history, happycat.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:49 PM

Apparently years haven't added any wisdom, and in fact it appears you've gone down hill in the common sense department.

By the way, how did you like those losses to Duke, NCST, and GT etc previous to 1990. Not only that, it's completely asinine to so much as mention the current state of the Clemson program now to 1990.

What has happened to you??

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic