Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coaches Pay way out of touch with reality....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Coaches Pay way out of touch with reality....

Jan 25, 2021, 1:44 PM

Will Muschamp was 28-30 at South Carolina and gets 12.9 million to leave. He went 17-22 in the SEC so that means that SC paid $1.49 million per win just to the head coach. Schools have spent over $120 million so far to get rid of coaches. Where else can you go work and get paid so much for failing. Not a good conversation for the sport when they keep asking for more and more money.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coaches Pay way out of touch with reality....

Jan 25, 2021, 5:42 PM

They said "It Just Means More" and the coots thought they said "It Should Cost More". Typical coot behavior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We mere mortals can think it is out of touch with reality,

Jan 25, 2021, 5:47 PM

but the REAL reality is, coaches salaries, just like pro players salaries, are whatever the market will bear. And, if they have automatic incentives and raises written into their contracts, and those contracts get approved by the Board of Trustees (or whoever approves), then the market has spoken.

Sooner or later the market will turn, the total restructuring of Harbaugh's contract at Meechigan may have been the first evidence of same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We mere mortals can think it is out of touch with reality,

Jan 25, 2021, 5:56 PM

I agree. Salaries paid to some of recently hired head coaches are less than 5 years ago. 600 million list from last year’s NCAA men’s tourney has hurt athletics programs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic