Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Swinney for culture rebuild in NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,415

Coach Swinney for culture rebuild in NFL

Oct 29, 2018, 5:21 PM

Fox Sports radio NFL Expert Lombardi just suggested that teams should look to hiring someone like Dabo Swinney to change team culture as head coach or coordinator because he’s young and proven. Think this might pick up speed? Ever be possible?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Swinney for culture rebuild in NFL

Oct 29, 2018, 5:26 PM

Clemson could lose several current staff members to other programs, given the right circumstances, but duplicating what Dabo has done might prove harder than imagined. I trust Dabo and hope our staff stays together a while longer.

Go Tigers!

Oct 29, 2018, 5:27 PM

No. His model doesn’t work with NFL prima donnas

Oct 29, 2018, 5:53 PM

Some of them would be making more money than Dabo and definitely have huge egos. The Coach should never even think about this.

Spurrier's attempt to coach in the NFL proved

Oct 29, 2018, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Swinney for culture rebuild in NFL ]

that you can't motivate prima donas making millions of dollars. What are you gonna do? Bench them if they don't do a better job? Sure, coach... I'll just sit on the bench for $5 million per game instead of getting my head beat in... Won't work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't even do that because the front office will side with

Oct 29, 2018, 7:31 PM

the players that they have a lot more money invested in. Best way for a pro coach to get fired is to alienate the star players.

Oct 29, 2018, 5:27 PM

Can you see Rev. Swinney delivering one of his inspiring 30 minute missives to a bunch of whack-job kneeling millionaires? Now it would be entertaining... If that is the word i'm looking for..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 5:30 PM

I don't see Dabo's model translating to the NFL. Dabo's primary focus is on developing his guys both as players and as young men. Players in the NFL are already grown men and have already matured (I use that word loosely for some players) into the person they are going to be.

Also, players in the NFL don't always remain with the same team for 3-5 years like they do in college. It's hard to implement a culture when you only have some players for 1-2 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Oct 29, 2018, 5:34 PM

How did Nicky Saban do in the NFL

Oct 29, 2018, 6:16 PM

Different game than college ball. Different culture. Strictly business vs. player/person development.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 6:49 PM

If there were more Dabo's in college ball, the supply for the NFL would be better which would increase the chances of a Dabo type making a difference in the pro's. However, there is only one Dabo and he doesnt have enough seeking to emulate him to change the supply dymamics. It is a great compliment to him, and well deserved too, but we are more likely to see the college ball degrade further before the NFL improves.

Oct 29, 2018, 8:21 PM

The best way Dabo can influence the NFL culture is to keep developing young players to be drafted into the league. I especially like to see two or more Tigers end up on a team so they have each other's support in the "bright lights, big city " environment. Houston has already noticed what kind of men Clemson turns out. The Panthers seem oblivious.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,415
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic