Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Leggett
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,157

Coach Leggett

Apr 5, 2013, 8:55 PM

I don't post much as there is alot negative stuff said on this board but I would like to share a story from wed nights game against GW. My wife and I and our 11 year old son who plays baseball went about 90 minutes early so we could watch the tigers warm up, it was like a symphony. We were sitting by the first base dug out and coach leggett came over and introduced himself. Thanked us for being there. Asked us where we were from and talked to my son. Well after the game, our son was getting autographs behind the first base dug out and suddenly disappeared. Well I walk back up to where we had watched pregame and there was will talking with coach leggett again. He then took wills baseball and had it signed in the locker room by his favorite player. Brought it back out to our son. Mind u they had a workout at 6 am yesterday morning then caught the team bus at 715 to ride to Charlotte and them fly to beacon hill. U know I want to win like all of us do but after watching the crap this week about Rutgers coach it is refreshing to see a real gentleman represent our school. Our players adore him cause of the kind of man he is. He deserves better from this board. And yes I get fustrated when we lose and get thrown our at home but jeez guys this is a really good man. Just saying

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post.....Thanks!***

Apr 5, 2013, 9:23 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great post.....Thanks!***

Apr 5, 2013, 9:30 PM

I agree. How many players has he had arrested? No serious issues with recruiting, generally very good ambassadors. Lost some great assistants the last 5 to 8 years who are now head coaches. That had an effect on recruiting over the years. My only concerns with coaching approach are that he seems to be a bit reckless on the bases and often sticks with a pitcher one batter too long and maybe sticks with a position player a little too much. Maybe he needs to be a little less like Bobby Cox. I would be a little more Captain Hook. Sincerely hope we get back to Omaha and that he is the one who wins our first NC in baseball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We (including ME) forget they are people. Well said.***

Apr 5, 2013, 9:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Leggett

Apr 5, 2013, 9:34 PM

Bless you and your family sir. Those of us who know Jack personally know how caring, sharing and "down to earth" he is. He loves people, especially Clemson fans and has a soft spot for kids. Thank you for sharing your experience with Jack.

Thank you for posting Sir.******

Apr 5, 2013, 9:42 PM

Re: Coach Leggett

Apr 5, 2013, 10:13 PM

U know it was just real. Lord have mercy I get frustrated but u know what, I ain't in his shoes. I have been critical in my own mind about stuff he "does" but u know what I ain't a college coach. I have been a ten and 11 u rec daddy ball coach and that ain't saying much but he is the man! This ain't hero worship this is recognizing a decent humble man. Sorry I am old and sentimental at times. And go tigers and kick ....

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post....

Apr 5, 2013, 10:45 PM

I have been nothing but impressed with Coach Leggett the times I've been around him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,157
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic