Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clowney's forced fumble against Michigan was great, BUT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Clowney's forced fumble against Michigan was great, BUT

Jan 3, 2013, 10:52 AM

...it'll be a cold day in h*** before anybody, even a fellow Clemson fan, convinces me that Tajh's connection to Nuk on 4-and-16 wasn't equally as outstanding. Both plays cemented some legacies this week. Just sayin...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: Clowney's forced fumble against Michigan was great, BUT

Jan 3, 2013, 10:57 AM

I totally agree, Boyd had ice water in his veins.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2013, 11:22 AM

Let us not forget that No One blocked him at all. He was completely untouched when he made that hit... Missed assignment...

Jan 3, 2013, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Clowney's forced fumble against Michigan was great, BUT ]

Not taking anything away from Clowney (the kids is great and will be a top 3 pick in the draft,) but he did come in untouched. A lot of DE in college football could make that tackle. I do not think that they would have done it as violently, but would have still got the job done. I do not see a lot of QB in college fb that could make that pass under those same circumstances. Both plays were great plays for each of the fan bases.

Michigan coaches should be ashamed of what happened...

Jan 3, 2013, 11:44 AM

...on that play.

The chickens had just been screwed on the 1st down call for Michigan. SoS was about to bust a vein over the call. The South Carolina players were spitting fire at that moment.

Michigan coaches should have recognized that they were about to see an elevated defensive attack and rush. Clowney should have had TWO guys blocking him AND the play should have been a running play AWAY from him.

It was a boneheaded play with boneheaded execution.

Michigan lost that game because of STUPID coaching.

Having said that, Boyd to Hopkins on 4th and 16, completed for 26 yards, was THE GREATEST PLAY I'VE EVER SEEN for a CLEMSON football team.

And, yes, I say that knowing that CJ's highlights film would not fit on YouTube, and my reverence for CJ as the greatest player to EVER wear a Clemson uniform!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic