Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clowney has been the Coots only saving grace right now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Clowney has been the Coots only saving grace right now

Feb 8, 2013, 2:09 PM

I hate to say it, but without him they wouldnt have much to show.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clowney has been the Coots only saving grace right now

Feb 8, 2013, 2:18 PM

They beat us the two years prior to Clowney. We had CJ and they beat him Twice.

I agree with you. However He has been huge in the last two

Feb 8, 2013, 2:23 PM

games with us.......... Boyd hasnt been able to do anything at all. I am really impressed with Thompson, their QB.

Re: I agree with you. However He has been huge in the last two

Feb 8, 2013, 2:34 PM

Our DBs made Thompson look a whole lot better than he actually is. Clowney is a monster, though. Ready for him to go to the NFL...

I'm wont take any credit from them........ they are better

Feb 8, 2013, 2:39 PM

than they used to be........... just saying without him i think they lose 1 or 2 more games per year......... he is a huge disruption in the backfield and a monster

more like 3 or 4***

Feb 8, 2013, 6:33 PM

Re: more like 3 or 4***

Feb 10, 2013, 11:31 PM

OK I will bite.

Which 3 or 4 games would SC have lost without Clowney. (which is a stupid argument since SC has Clowney)

Of Carolina's 11 wins, 9 were by double digits and 9 of the 11 were by more than 3 scores.

The only close games Carolina played were the loss at LSU, the win over Michigan and the win at Vandy.

Re: I agree with you. However He has been huge in the last two

Feb 8, 2013, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree with you. However He has been huge in the last two ]

especially since they dropped around 3 INTs

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

True......... I think DB play will be better this year***

Feb 8, 2013, 2:45 PM

Proves how washed up spurlid is***

Feb 8, 2013, 6:33 PM [ in reply to I agree with you. However He has been huge in the last two ]

Clowney didn't allow 6 offensive plays in the 3rd Q This Yr.

Feb 10, 2013, 9:16 AM [ in reply to I agree with you. However He has been huge in the last two ]

USC's Offense kept us of the field for most of the second half........

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Hes talkin bout the last 2 years DA***

Feb 8, 2013, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Clowney has been the Coots only saving grace right now ]

CJ was a senior in 09

Feb 9, 2013, 1:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Clowney has been the Coots only saving grace right now ]

CJ was a senior in 09...cj beat them in 08,07

uh, their QB's have been pretty clutch imo.

Feb 8, 2013, 2:20 PM

and a couple of good wr's

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know we hate the coots, but they did finish in the Top 10

Feb 8, 2013, 4:07 PM

They can't suck as much as many TNet posters claim, and if they're as bad as some suggest, what does that say about us?

Go Tigers AND beat the coots!

propaganda to protect the espn investment***

Feb 8, 2013, 4:59 PM

when did coots start hating coots???***

Feb 8, 2013, 6:34 PM [ in reply to I know we hate the coots, but they did finish in the Top 10 ]

Feb 8, 2013, 5:02 PM

One impact Defensive Lineman doesn't make a top ten football team...

I hate the coots, but that's just stupid if you think that. We went 6-7 with DaQuan Bowers his Senior Year.

Clowney is a great

Feb 9, 2013, 12:37 AM

football player and Clemson made him All American material last fall. It is way past time to whip these guys at the coop this year and make Clowney irrelevant in his last regular season football game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hear hear

Feb 9, 2013, 1:01 AM

He's a beast, no doubt, but we have mucked up opportunity against the coots recently and need to rectify that this year. Dabo lover or hater should understand he gets hot seated for not taking a W in this one. Morris needs to step up as well since I think we fell short coaching-wise on the O in 2012.

Re: hear hear

Feb 9, 2013, 4:23 PM

I think morris is an awesome offensive coordinator who will only get better. That being said, you are correct in your assessment and I would add 2011 as well. Both games against us he has called games far below his usual level.

Re: Clowney is a great

Feb 9, 2013, 3:15 AM [ in reply to Clowney is a great ]

Well said.

Clowney Enabled the Coots to Beat Tennessee

Feb 9, 2013, 3:13 AM

Very close game. Clowney was able to force a fumble and save the game. I was impressed how well the Vols were able to make Clowney a non-factor in that game. That was the game were Lattimore ended his career.

The Coots were lucky to get out of Vanderbilt with a win also. Their defense has carried the coots for the last few years. I haven't been that impressed with Spurriers game calling lately. I think JR. is their OC.

Re: Clowney Enabled the Coots to Beat Tennessee

Feb 9, 2013, 8:22 AM

IMO, the overall talent level is pretty equitable between the two schools, excepting Clowney. The previous four years, they have prepared and coached a better game than we have, period. Love, hate, or be indifferent to Spurrier, but that summich can shred a defense when his playcalling is hot. Also, I do think that they face better competition than we do most every week, and that is a huge advantage. Like a poster said the other day, they play in a football league (money, resources, TV)........and we play in a league best known for roundball.

Feb 9, 2013, 11:49 AM

How would we be without Marcus Lattimore? Oh that's right he didn't play the last two years against you guys. How would we be when we lose Melvin Ingram, or Alshon, or Sydney.

How have yall done without Spiller or Daquan. Good players come and go. Clowney is special I will admit, but he won't be the last good player we have, just like Spiller, Daquan, Tahj and others won't be your last good players.

Yes, good teams have good players. Really dumb point you have made.

Feb 9, 2013, 11:53 AM

while I dont agree with the premise of the original post. You will NEVER have another clowney. He does change games and its reasonable to think that without him there could be an extra loss or two. Clowney's dont come arround very often this isnt a typical speacial player.

Feb 9, 2013, 2:54 PM

Problem here is, other elite, great players will be attracted to SC becuse of clowney. They look up to him and want to be like him. So, yes... There is a chance they will get similar players of his calibre.

Feb 9, 2013, 3:13 PM

I've been following CFB for 40 years and have only seen a couple of defensive players like him. I seriously doubt they'll ever have another one like him in my lifetime.

Feb 9, 2013, 5:58 PM

Exactly this is a once in a lifetime type player

Feb 9, 2013, 10:18 PM

Disagree. I think tahj Boyd, cj spiller Alshon Jeffery, Marcus lattimore Daquan bowers have all had as much of an impact as Clowney. Clowney is one of the best ever, but one player can only have so much impact on a team sport.

Makes sense...

Feb 9, 2013, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Clowney has been the Coots only saving grace right now ]

The number one projected player from 24/7 for next year, D. Hand, has USuC as one of his favorites and its because of Clowney. He said he wants to model his play after him. His top five does not include Clemson so we have a lot of ground to make up.

Only thing I don't understand about recruits wanting to follow these players is that going to USuC does not automatically give you the abilities of Clowney. There's nothing wrong with modeling your play after him, but you don't have to go to USuC to play like him. He was already a freak athlete before he arrived...

Feb 9, 2013, 5:07 PM

You do realize LSU had the equivalent of Clowney on both sides of the line?

Feb 9, 2013, 6:56 PM

What is your point. If we didn't have great players, then y'all would win? When we lose Melvin Ingram we won't beat You. When we lose Alshon Jeffrey we won't beat you. Blah blah blah...same story. We had 400 yards of offense with a backup QB....

dylan was named starter for our game, shaw was #2 and able

Feb 10, 2013, 10:51 AM

to play if needed. sos knew he (dylan) could better take advantage of our secondary (much better than shaw could) which in turn opens up the run game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clowney didnt beat us this year..

Feb 9, 2013, 7:14 PM

our #### pour defensive play in that game beat us

Re: Game with Reminded me of the GT game in Atlanta 2011

Feb 10, 2013, 2:13 AM

GT and the Coots both played the "keep away" strategy and kept Clemson's offense off the field with the longest and slowest drives possible.

In the Game with the coots, they continuously blitzed Clowney and forced 3 quick 3-in-outs. I don't think there were anymore than 15 plays the entire 2nd half of the game. The bad penalty call on CU's defense allowed them to score.

Sanders and Thompson did us in***

Oct 9, 2018, 8:04 PM [ in reply to clowney didnt beat us this year.. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their backup QB was a huge surprise.

Feb 9, 2013, 7:25 PM

I hoped he would cause them to lose a few games, especially the game against us in Death Valley. But he might be better than Conner Shaw. He is clearly a better passer. Without him, USuC would have lost 2 games: the game against us and the bowl game. No 11 win rings would be purchased. AND most importantly, we would have ended the drought against them.

Message was edited by: Tiger_Fan_007®

Re: Their backup QB were a huge suprise.

Feb 9, 2013, 7:40 PM

They were calling for DT to start over Shaw all year. Now it's "we beat you with our backup".

Typical coot ignorance.

True, but I don't think ANYONE thought he would be that good***

Feb 9, 2013, 9:18 PM

Re: True, but I don't think ANYONE thought he would be that good***

Feb 10, 2013, 1:53 AM

Dylan is a gamer, i watched basically every snap he took in high school and thought he would be pretty good at the next level...and no people im not a coot just a logical human being with working eyes.

Feb 9, 2013, 8:00 PM

Regardless of Clowney - There is a definite drop off in talent this year at SC. The LB core was seriously underrated and losing Ace Sanders as well as Cummingham is a major blow...Not to mention trying to piece together a running game post-Lattimore....I'm sure some talent will surface over the year but you look at the depth chart and it seems like there's a definite gap versus the past few years...It would be a beautiful thing to break this streak in Clowney's final outing in WB.

i'll second that!

Feb 10, 2013, 1:10 PM

losing their d-line coach will hurt,too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i'll second that!

Feb 10, 2013, 1:19 PM

SHHHHHHH dont tell anybody the truth

Re: i'll second that!

Feb 10, 2013, 11:35 PM

Losing Ellis Johnson will hurt them big time in 2012.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic