Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson's Running Game better than UGA's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 85
| visibility 1

Clemson's Running Game better than UGA's

Aug 6, 2013, 9:14 AM

Just the facts please...OK, here ya go. Last years statistics, keeping in mind that UGA played 14 games and Clemson played 13 games.

Last years rushing statistics: (Team) National Rankings
Rank Name Games Carries Net Avg. TDs Ydspg Wins Losses Ties
36 Clemson
13 588 2484 4.22 26 191.08 11 2 0
43 Georgia
14 525 2556 4.87 32 182.57 12 2 0

Last years rushing statistics: (Individual) National Rankings
Rank Player Pos Cl Gm Carries Net TDs Avg Ydspgm
34 Todd Gurley, Georgia
RB FR 14 222 1385 17 6.24 98.93
56 Andre Ellington, Clemson
RB SR 13 212 1081 8 5.10 83.15

What is really interesting is that ONE RB for UGA had over half of their total yardage for the year, and had one extra game, yet their overall (national ranking) is lower than Clemson.

Who says Clemson doesn’t have a running game now?

Last years Defensive statistics: Run Defense
Rank Name Games Carries Net Avg TDs Ydspgm Wins Losses Ties
57 Clemson
13 485 2027 4.18 16 155.92 11 2 0
77 Georgia
14 616 2550 4.14 17 182.14 12 2 0

Clemson returns almost all defensive players, UGA, not so.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Hmm. They return probably 2 of the best running backs

Aug 6, 2013, 9:17 AM

in the country. We return backup RB's and newbies who are fighting for a starting job.

Right now, I give the edge to UGa.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Interesting that OUR backups

Aug 6, 2013, 9:30 AM

were able to gain more than 1/2 of the teams total yardage last year. Not so with UGA.

UGA does have some good running backs, no doubt. But Clemson will run the ball effectively too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmm. They return probably 2 of the best running backs

Aug 6, 2013, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Hmm. They return probably 2 of the best running backs ]

do you really believe our running game is better than the dogs?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What the hell is wrong with Clemson fans around here?

Aug 6, 2013, 9:39 AM

Nobody has seen this season play out as yet - no one that I'm aware of. Last year, Clemson’s running game was better that UGA's - PERIOD.

My original post shows what is known. When this season this season is over, then we will all know where Clemson's running game stands nationally again.

Until then, I expect Clemson to be productive with the run. They were last year - even with BACKUPS. And UGA's defense didn't show me anything that says they will stop Clemson - even the same BACKUPS that produced over half of our total yardage last year.

If you wish to pull for UGA, be my guest. I'm promoting CLEMSON football.

Message was edited by: HuntClub®

Re: What the hell is wrong with Clemson fans around here?

Aug 6, 2013, 9:57 AM

Last year we had Ellington. That's not to say we don't have some good backs on deck but Ellington set the tone and he was the leader and his absence could completely change the dynamics, good or bad.

Aug 6, 2013, 10:02 AM [ in reply to What the hell is wrong with Clemson fans around here? ]

Better? How so? Because you rushed for more yards as a team? Throw out Boyd's 514 rushing yards and then what? I'm assuming many of those yards were not by design but were a product of broken pass plays. when you break it down.....GA's running backs versus Cu's running backs it is not even close. With all due respect there's not a single RB on the tiger roster that would start over Gurley/Marshall.

What? You don't think Boyd will rush on UGA?

Aug 6, 2013, 10:11 AM

LOL... Boyd is part of the game too.

Aug 6, 2013, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: What the hell is wrong with Clemson fans around here? ]

Throw out boyds yards why? You throw out Marshall's yards then!

D@mn dog you make no sense

Then you would assume wrong...

Aug 6, 2013, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: What the hell is wrong with Clemson fans around here? ]

Boyd's ability to run was generally predicated on what the defense was giving us. Do you honestly believe a quarterback picks up more than 500 yards rushing on busted plays?

Well, maybe Woody Dantzler ... but Boyd is far better within this system than y'all apparently believe.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ellington would've started over both homer

Aug 6, 2013, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: What the hell is wrong with Clemson fans around here? ]

What a tool

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your lack of knowledge is surpassed only by your ignorance***

Aug 6, 2013, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: What the hell is wrong with Clemson fans around here? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 6, 2013, 10:06 AM [ in reply to What the hell is wrong with Clemson fans around here? ]

Bravo, and kudos on your post. It's easy to assume that they are better than we, but that will be a bad assumption in the end. ugay was no better than LSU last year, and they had no more studly players than LSU, and we fended pretty good in that match up. We may lose this game, but it will be a war. You can mark that down, and it's a war we dang sure can win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2013, 10:13 AM

Lsu's offensive line was a mess last year.....as was their offense sans Hill. Imagine a complete oline returning with an all-sec te and Gurley and Marshall behind it. GA would have beaten LSU by 2-3 tds last season.

Aug 6, 2013, 10:14 AM

when the last time you played lsu? whens the last time you beat them?

I know the past 2 times LSU has BLOWN uGAY OUT

Aug 6, 2013, 11:41 AM

In Athens and the Ga Dome. super prick won't admit to that. That crappy LSU QB was a product of THUGA once too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, Clemson spotted LSU 2 td's just to keep it interesting

Aug 6, 2013, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: What the hell is wrong with Clemson fans around here? ]

and we still won.

Re: Well, Clemson spotted LSU 2 td's just to keep it interesting

Aug 6, 2013, 3:05 PM

All the while.....our best player WATCHED from the sideline!

You idiot Coots & Dawgs even remotely THINK that game (vs LSWHO) would have been that close had SAMMY played 60 minutes????

Not a chance!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2013, 3:22 PM

Who knows how it would have turned out? Sammy could have had a great game or he could have had a key fumble, dropped pass, etc. Look at how he's done against South Carolina the last two seasons. Four catches in each game for less than 40 yards each game. Just because he's one of the better players doesn't mean he'll always perform that way.

If you do want to go that route though, South Carolina fans could say the same thing about the Clemson game since Lattimore and Shaw were out. How many more points were those two worth?

Aug 6, 2013, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, Clemson spotted LSU 2 td's just to keep it interesting ]

I wish the game had lasted 30 more minutes. LSU was so gassed after 3 quarters it looked like a rescue team after an apartment fire hauling all their worn out arses off the field. I believe LSU would have been down to cheer leaders and water boys if they had played another quarter. We still looked pretty fresh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2013, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: What the hell is wrong with Clemson fans around here? ]

What makes you assume that? In all respect, you couldn't even keep from getting smacked in the mouth by SCar (who LOST to LSU last year)...Gurley didn't produce anything against them, and LSU's Mingo and Montomery had quite a strong rush themselves...not really getting how you think that'd have been the case.

Aug 6, 2013, 3:36 PM

Their memories are short, and very selective.

Aug 6, 2013, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: What the hell is wrong with Clemson fans around here? ]

Yeah. I heard that same mantra all the times years when LSU was whipping ugay's butts each time they played. I would have loved to have seen Tajh Boyd with a good OL like yours. You think your QB is good, and he is, TB was good without a decent OL, and I expect he finally will get the protection he needs with this group. That said, I hear your confidence, and it rings hollow. The game will be settled in a few weeks. We are just lowly little old Clemson. I hope y'all keep thinking that.

Re: What the #### is wrong with Clemson fans around here?

Aug 6, 2013, 12:37 PM [ in reply to What the hell is wrong with Clemson fans around here? ]

Not. I love me three things, family, God and Tigers. But you have to respect sanity, and they have a better run game. Period.

I believe their secondary and LBs will be so consumed...

Aug 6, 2013, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Hmm. They return probably 2 of the best running backs ]

with our passing game they won't be concerned with 5 yrs/carry by our running backs.

You can do this either way. The run opens up the passing game or the pass opens up the running game. Either way suits me fine.

I also believe they will fold like a cheap suit in the first half. They ain't that dadburned deep.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe their secondary and LBs will be so consumed...

I think your right in that our LB's and secondary will have a tough challenge manning up to your passing game that it will allow Boyd to extend plays with his feet. Your backs are sneaky and will probably run for a decent amount of yards while we are worried about stopping Watkins, Bryant and Peake.

You couldn't be more wrong about our defensive depth. This is the deepest Georgia defense I can remember in a long, long time. Lots of bad info on this forum concerning the Georgia defense.

you can say the same thing about clemson !

Aug 6, 2013, 12:01 PM

our front seven will be as good a group as you will face all year. our secondary, with healthy starters at the corners, won't be anything like what you were expecting from our defense. this isn't tb's tigers'!

Re: you can say the same thing about clemson !

Aug 6, 2013, 12:21 PM

This is really where I think yall mislead yourselves. Florida will have a better front 7. So will Bama. So will LSU. USCjr's defensive line is the best we will see but their Lb's suck.

Your guys are very agile and can really get after the passer. Your tackles are a mismatch for guards and centers that aint on top of their game. But as far as holding up to a sustained ground game? They just dont have enough ###.

after what YOU just said, uga will have to abandon the run,

Aug 6, 2013, 12:25 PM

thereby allowing our guy's to "pin their ears back" and come after murray, who will have nightmares of v.b. for months to come!
i wouldn't trade our front 7 with any that you just named.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

Re: after what YOU just said, uga will have to abandon the run,

Aug 6, 2013, 12:41 PM

Abandon the run? I think we will grind to 200 on the ground. Bobo is light years ahead of LSU OC. And there really isn't a comparison between LSU's O line and ours. Honestly, I dont think Clemson will stop any facet of our offense. However, I'm not convinced that we will stop your passing game either.

Yall hold the advantage at kicker so I could see yall winning a close one by 3. However, or defense, specifically our LB's, have morphed into a turnover machine. I could also easily see us sacking Boyd, causing a fumble late in the game and winning by 7.

reader was a 300lb true frosh last year, while carlos

Aug 6, 2013, 12:55 PM

watkins was higher ranked, and sought after, coming outta hs. both will be in their 2nd year,and both played meaningful snaps last year, they will now reap the rewards of their 1st full year with the strength and conditioning program, meaning they will be better against the run, while also knowing more technique to go with their size and quickness. write these two names down as far as interior d-linemen run-stuffers.

Re: reader was a 300lb true frosh last year, while carlos

Aug 6, 2013, 2:03 PM

Reader and Watkins...got it. I'll keep an eye on those guys during the game. I've got a few for you.

John Taylor - 6-4, 335. Right now he's the #2 DE behind Smith. kid is country strong and moves like a cat. I'm betting he will be our starting nose come Aug 31st.

Jordan Jenkins - 6-2, 246 OLB. Taking Jones spot as the primary pass rusher. He may not have Jones instincts but he's got the fastest 1st step on the team.

Leonard Floyd - 6-4, 235 OLB. He's not even on the depth chart right now but that will change as camp progresses. Dude's a physical beast. Gonna be a fantastic pass rusher and great at making plays in space.

Re: after what YOU just said, uga will have to abandon the run,

Aug 6, 2013, 4:18 PM [ in reply to after what YOU just said, uga will have to abandon the run, ]

We can say the same thing about your offense!

All reports say Scar's LBs have been a big hit so far.

Aug 6, 2013, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: you can say the same thing about clemson ! ]

It's only preseason, and I know we were all hoping they would be weak there. But so far, reports saying they look great.

Re: All reports say Scar's LBs have been a big hit so far.

Aug 6, 2013, 2:04 PM

Practice reports do not equal game time greatness. I can't wait to see them in action, though. To say that they suck though is silly. They don't have experience, but there is depth and most were highly recruited athletes who should be talented enough to do at least as good as last years LB corps.

Aug 6, 2013, 2:06 PM

Could be I just expect a higher standard from SEC linebackers. As a unit, they are weak.

Aug 6, 2013, 2:47 PM

You didn't say weak before, you said "suck". How would you know... they haven't set foot on the field for the most part, pretty much exactly like your secondary. Does your secondary suck?

Aug 6, 2013, 3:33 PM

Weak, suck, whatever. Play semantics if you like. They will be the weakest LB unit in the SEC.

"Pretty much exactly". Is that what you said? Way to hedge your bets. Pretty much is an imprecise term. Exactly is very specific. Guess you'll find out about our secondary. It's not gonna be great but it won't suck.

Aug 6, 2013, 8:53 PM

What is diefferent with the uga secondary and our lb? All highly rated high school guys who sat behind older players last year? I would be willing to bet clemson makes the uga secondary look worse than they do the usc lb corps. Because they are going to torch your secondary.

I will be pulling for uga because I cant pull for clemson. That being said, uga is gonna be highly tested and there is a really high chance they lose.

Aug 6, 2013, 9:04 PM

Who says there is a difference? I've already said that Clemson will probably light our secondary up. I don't have a problem acknowledging that our secondary will be the weak link of our defense. Think what you want about your LB's, makes no difference to me.

Aug 6, 2013, 10:25 PM

I think like you do about your secondary. They wont be great but they wont suck. They are some talented guys and I will be shocked if they turn out to be the worst lb corps in the SEC like you said.

Aug 6, 2013, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: All reports say Scar's LBs have been a big hit so far. ]

Nobody knows if they are weak. They have not played. I am sure throughout the year you will see some mistakes due to inexperience but our lb corps this year will be much more athletic and talented than the guys who left. If we can keep them in position we will get just as much or more production there than we did last year. Not really worried about our lb.

Like someone above said, though, you cant trust practice reports. At least not this early when no pads are on.

Ah, someone is getting close to it... +1.***

Aug 6, 2013, 11:49 AM [ in reply to I believe their secondary and LBs will be so consumed... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Hmm. They return probably 2of the best running backs- yep

Aug 6, 2013, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Hmm. They return probably 2 of the best running backs ]

this

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGa, on paper, has a big advantage at RB

Aug 6, 2013, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Hmm. They return probably 2 of the best running backs ]

kinda ridiculous to claim otherwise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmm. They return probably 2 of the best running backs

Aug 6, 2013, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Hmm. They return probably 2 of the best running backs ]

Feel the same way

yes, but you leave at the most obvious statistic...

Aug 6, 2013, 9:37 AM

UGA's was against SEC Defense's and SEC speed. That should inflate the stats in ESPN's eyes by 300-400 yds.

That is so true.

Aug 6, 2013, 9:46 AM

If you can ignore the fact they played UT, UF (nice post season appearence), AU, ole ms, Vandy, Missouri, Buffalo, Florida Atlantic, Ga Southern and lost to South Carolina.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL***

Aug 6, 2013, 9:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I respectfully disagree

Aug 6, 2013, 9:58 AM

However, Clemson will be fine running the ball this year though and has more than enough firepower to do damage.

Re: Clemson's Running Game better than UGA's

Aug 6, 2013, 10:02 AM

Their run game last year should have been much better, because they had a great OL, while ours, not so much. That said, they played a great game vs. AL in their conference championship game, and I expect them to be a great team. Also, I expect our team to be a great one, and I believe our OL will be the best one we have seen in many moons. Time will tell, but I do not have fear of this opponent, and neither will our team. We will earn respect in that game, IMO.

There is a difference in the quality

Aug 6, 2013, 10:04 AM

of the defenses faced.

not all that sure...

Aug 6, 2013, 11:06 AM

Compare VT, FSU, and Maryland's defensive numbers to the teams Georgia played (Florida, USuC, Alabama). Clemson also faced three teams that Georgia played last year(USuC, GT, and Auburn) and had more rushing yards than Georgia against each other those teams.

That said, Clemson doesn't return its starting RB from last year, and Georgia returns both of its top RBs. Obviously Georgia has the better running game, on paper, even if Clemson's might have done a little more last year.

Re: There is a difference in the quality

Aug 6, 2013, 3:00 PM [ in reply to There is a difference in the quality ]

That Dawg just won't hunt DOG!

Your logic is flawed. Clemson faced FSU last year, yours faced Florida Atalantic. Clemson faced SC just like you...howd that work out for you??

Clemson faced the SAME LSU team you did....and faired better...with our star player not even in the game.

You faced Auburn same as us, you faced BUFFALO and how many points did THEY throw on you???

You faced Floruda (horrible last year), & you faced Vandy & Ole miss. Hardly any better than ANY Mid tier ACC team.

So your "GA faced "better quality" defensed is BS!

Go BACK to Athens...idiot!!

Go Tigers!!

Aug 6, 2013, 4:30 PM

Vandy and Ole Miss are solid teams. If I am not mistaken Vandy absolutely destroyed WF. GT's defense was gutted by UNC, even though GT won. Plus, the return game for UGA was prety stout against GT which means that the offensive numbers were not that great

Aug 6, 2013, 7:14 PM

Ole miss got absolutely destroyed by an average Texas team and Vandy got beat by big ten bottom dweller Northwestern.

Aug 6, 2013, 3:39 PM [ in reply to There is a difference in the quality ]

Had ugay or usuc played all those great teams from the West I might agree, but they skirted the trouble. I will admit that ugay played a great game against AL in the championship game, but they still lost.

Aug 6, 2013, 10:09 AM

I think you overlooked the most important stat......Gurley's 17 tds. Uga also played two of the nations top defenses last season....Florida and Alabama. Oh, and South Carolina where we accomplished nothing.

Clemson played FSU and LSU, and oh, South Carolina too

hth

Re: Clemson played FSU and LSU, and oh, South Carolina too

Aug 6, 2013, 10:15 AM

did yall put in a headstone after that bowl game?

Re: Clemson played FSU and LSU, and oh, South Carolina too

Aug 6, 2013, 10:49 AM

we got one with uga on it

What happened to the Gators against Louisville?

Aug 6, 2013, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson's Running Game better than UGA's ]

They looked awful, and their coach looked worse than awful.

Aug 6, 2013, 10:28 AM

We did a lot of trick run plays including reverses and other ways of getting our WR the ball.

UGA just lined up and ran at you much like Bama does.

heck in the SECCG Bama knew Gurley was going to run up the gut and they still had a hard time stopping him.

Aug 6, 2013, 4:31 PM

Trick plays aren't needed when you can line up and run the ball between the tackles.

You point out a lot of good information from LAST YEAR.

Aug 6, 2013, 10:37 AM

This is a new year with different personnel on both teams. They still have both tailbacks from last year and you can't argue their lack of production. We are going in with new backs who haven't had the word "starter" beside their name. We will find out around 12 midnight on Aug. 31. That's what I'm waiting on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey superdawg...

Aug 6, 2013, 10:57 AM

Our RB's might not start over your two but your QB would be nothing but a clipboard holder behind Boyd!

Aug 6, 2013, 11:26 AM

Come on. Gurley & Marshall both rushed for more yards in their freshman years than McDowell has in his career.

Aug 6, 2013, 11:59 AM

I could run for 1,000 yards playing against duke and wake forrest every week...

Yep that's why the coots won so many acc titles

Aug 6, 2013, 4:16 PM

And sec titles..... Oh wait

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Ellington was their equal if not better.

Aug 6, 2013, 12:32 PM

But he's in the NFL. We don't have anyone close to Gurshall right now.
But last year, yes.

HERE COME SOME COOTS TO SMELL SOME

Aug 6, 2013, 12:34 PM

SEC DOG ###..Hunker down you hairy dogs, cocky is trying to ride in your jocks

IT REALLY JUST DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH WE PRAY

Aug 6, 2013, 12:41 PM

AND HOW MUCH WE BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST IS OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR THAT'S YOUR ANSWER GUYS ALLT HAT BEING SAID I THINK GURLEY AND MARSHALL ARE PROBABLY BETTER RB'S BUT TAJH BOYD IS A BETTER RUNNER THAN ANYBODY ON UEGA'S TEAM INCLUDING RUNNINGBACKS THAT'S MY OPINION AT LEAST

HotRod will produce better numbers than AE ...

Aug 6, 2013, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Ellington was their equal if not better. ]

because of the development of the skill players and the offensive line. Opponents will also be watching Tajh like a hawk too.

Aug 6, 2013, 1:45 PM

My first reaction was to just dismiss this and assume that UGA played tougher rush defenses than Clemson did. After looking at some stats, I'm not 100% sure that's the case. UGA and Clemson played 3 common opponents. Here's how they did against each:

Auburn
UGA - 42 carries for 289 yards (6.9 ypc)
Clemson - 52 carries for 320 yards (6.2 ypc)

Georgia Tech
UGA - 31 carries for 164 yards (5.3 ypc)
Clemson - 51 carries for 204 yards (4.0 ypc)

South Carolina
UGA - 36 carries for 115 yards (3.2 ypc)
Clemson - 35 carries for 145 yards (4.1 ypc)

So against common opponents, Clemson rushed for more yards in all three games and UGA rushed for more ypc in 2 out of 3 games.

Yes, Georgia also played Bama and Florida who ranked 2nd and 5th in total rushing yards allowed. However, Clemson played FSU and LSU who ranked 8th and 9th in this category. The difference between Bama and LSU was 200 rushing yards given up which works out to be less than 15.4 yards per game, hardly a significant difference.

To each his/her own on what you take away from all this statistical nonsense, but I'm going to conclude that both teams played competition that was relatively close in difficulty. It's definitely not the NFL vs. high school competition that some people will claim.

(total defense stats taken from http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=defense&cat2=Rushing&conference=I-A_all)

This data will confuse superfleabait.***

Aug 6, 2013, 2:00 PM

Aug 6, 2013, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson's Running Game better than UGA's ]

Right... but what does that have to do with this year? UGA returns their top two runners and all of their OLine. Clemson doesn't.

I suppose the Ds have nothing to do with anything, right?***

Aug 6, 2013, 2:28 PM

Aug 6, 2013, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson's Running Game better than UGA's ]

Correct. Those stats were a comparison of last year's rushing and last year only. If I had to make a guess as to which team will have the better ground game this season, I'd have to go with Georgia for exactly the reasons you listed. Sure, Clemson hopes that McDowell can be as productive as Ellington, but with less than 500 yards rushing last season it's just a guess. Marshall and Gurley had over 2100 yards between them last season and are hardly unproven commodities.

All relative. Our D has much more experience than GA's...***

Aug 6, 2013, 3:57 PM

Re: All relative. Our D has much more experience than GA's...***

Aug 6, 2013, 4:11 PM

This man gets it!

Aug 6, 2013, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson's Running Game better than UGA's ]

This is strange, a #### fan using stats and facts before just posting ignorant drivel like ol ultracock above... what's the world coming to?

Aug 6, 2013, 4:08 PM

I find that conversations and discussions are more fun when you use facts instead of just going on gut feelings. Besides, coming to a rival's board and trolling is just juvenile. It takes away from the discussion for the people who are enjoying it.

Aug 6, 2013, 3:23 PM

Yeah nice try and good numbers but Gurley is a beast.

Beast meet BEASTS! Our LBs are primed....***

Aug 6, 2013, 3:58 PM

Very I N T E R E S T I N G Stat...so Clemson has RB's!

Aug 6, 2013, 7:01 PM

gOTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what happens when...

Aug 6, 2013, 9:22 PM

Almost know chance (based solely on last year), but what happens if:

Our secondary turns out to be the strength of our defense??

Will Aaron Murray torch us? Probably, but in a high scoring affair, we have the horses to run with GeorJa ALL DAY!

Should be fun!

Go Tigers!!

Replies: 85
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic